• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Melee Social Thread and stuff

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I was curious once and decided to look over his posts, since he'd been banned before I got here. And I honestly don't see what was so special, or funny, or anything, really, about his posts.

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
I used to have the EVO World DVD (2007) with the interviews on it (they did HugS, Mango, Chillin', ...). Can't find it anywhere now.

Does anyone have that DVD and is willing to sell it to me?
Or maybe willing to upload the interviews? They don't sell it anymore so I don't think Evo would mind.

(it's for my thread that I'm working on)
i second this.

I was curious once and decided to look over his posts, since he'd been banned before I got here. And I honestly don't see what was so special, or funny, or anything, really, about his posts.
he was the heart and soul of swf

Env

Smash Rookie
I live in the comfort of my minds silence.
Gift Ideas!!??

Alright, My boyfriend loves Smash Brothers Melee, as it should be, and Christmas is coming up, but I am having trouble figuring out what to get him. We have been through so much this year, so I want it to be something really special. I was hoping all you smashers out there could give me some tips on what I could get him that pertain to the game; any ideas will be much appreciated. :)

Thank you!!!

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Well I do as well, but if its a new controller that will give him a chance to break it in. We all love to start a controller fresh.

Theres other cool hobby type smash things you can do for him, such as making a plushie (heres some examples i found for starcraft: http://i.imgur.com/11Fuh.jpg http://imgur.com/a/kytgQ ) of a character. I know someone was making smash stickers and wrist bands. It might be useful to think about the type of things you like to do and that you are good at.

If none of that works, just buy him skyrim.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
yea it didnt seem legit at all, but i was really hoping it was

edit: also thanks for the link, when I get a job (hopefully soon) i am going to get a new controller

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
so on a related note, which controller is better? I remember hearing things about the white ones being a little different but I also think some people really like them. Plus change is scary (jk) but really any suggestion on which one to get?

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I really like the white ones. No noticable difference between them and the classic ones, except for the longer cord which really comes in handy at smashfests

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
I just remember hearing something that ether the joystick was made witha different spring so it felt different (now that I am thinking about this if i remember correctly the joystick is different but in a good way, like if it breaks u can open up the controller and fix it easier which is nice). No i think the difference was in how the R and L buttons felt but this is not necessarily a bad thing. Like i remember hearing they had a different resistance to them. but I am sure even if it feels different its something u could easily adjust to, and its good to hear from a melee player that they like the white controller b/c I mostly only know brawl people who use them.

So in conclusion it doesnt seem like there is a wrong answer in which controller to get which is nice to know

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Ive used both controller types and have both within hand's reach from me now. There is no noticable difference in any of that. Every controller is made slightly different but thats not something thats unique to white ones.

also the joystick thing ur thinking of is probably the N64 controllers which you can open and tighten a screw to adjust the joystick

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Ive used both controller types and have both within hand's reach from me now. There is no noticable difference in any of that. Every controller is made slightly different but thats not something thats unique to white ones.

also the joystick thing ur thinking of is probably the N64 controllers which you can open and tighten a screw to adjust the joystick
No i am pretty sure i meant the white ones (but my info could be wrong since it was a while ago so my memory might be faulty). Also i didnt know that about the 64 controllers so thats pretty nice to know

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i love the feel of new controllers

i'm glad my muscle memory is more suited to those, so it doesn't take me very long to get comfortable with a new controller.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I don't blame you in particular, but I actually felt really depressed upon reading this post. It has made me realize that all Smashboards newcomers shall never understand ICG's glorious legacy. Indeed, the very heart and soul of Smashboards perished when our saviour was banished at the hands of tyrannical moderators in a frenzy of power.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I'm not sure how serious you're being, but I realize that he did (and does) have a kind of cult following. So I'll just give you the benefit of the doubt, and say that I must have just missed out on a good time.

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
Melee is a good spectators sport so even if we dont reach tip top level, we'll still enjoy excitement in watching high level play.

Win-win situation IMO

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
Looooooooool TecZero i think you should know that thanks to all the trolls on the stream, quite a few people now think youre a very attractive asian girl.

Top Bottom