• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Melee Social Thread and stuff

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
Well, I'm a SSB64 player now testing some Melee on my Wii to see what's that about
the game is not as bad as I thought since that's the only game I have atm :p
but I could really say good things about Samus, Link, Marth and Mario.

will be around these sections more frecuently though.

Thanos828

Smash Journeyman
I find it ironic that for the past 4 years I've been practically 2 minutes away from every tournament held in Nanuet and not attended a single one.

tw1n

Smash Champion
I hate the fact that I love so far away from any tournament ever lol.

NM has a 10 person tourney once every 6 months if we're lucky.

LittleBoyLarry

Smash Journeyman
oh haha that's what it sounds like Brandon is saying after "I think we're all a little bit hard" was said..
I just trying to go along with it haha sorry.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I think we need to discuss when its appropriate to use a player's real name and when it isn't. Most of us know the majority of smasher's real names, and a few people go by their first name in tournaments a lot. Silent Spectre (Jeff), Home Made Waffles (Brandon), Wobbles (Rob), Jman (Jesus), and others (not gonna go thru them all).

My opinion is that if you know the person you can use their real name when talking to other people that know that person. Like if I were to talk to Rat about Tink, I could be like "Wayne's marth is wack as ****". I have never met Silent Spectre or HMW so I don't feel like I should ever call them Jeff or Brandon. I have met Wobbles and am friends with him on facebook, but I still would feel somewhat uncomfortable calling him Rob.

What do you guys think?

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Idk i know weve all been in the scenario where someone knows our name and we dont know theirs. I think its kinda rude to use someone's name if you havent been introduced (formally or informally)

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
would you be offended if a stranger approached you and called you by name?
I'd be confused, and then if they didn't introduce themselves I would have no idea what to call them and it would be awkward. Only exception is like if they were delivering something like "Hey Joe? James told me to give this to you. *Walk away*"

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
I think we need to discuss when its appropriate to use a player's real name and when it isn't. Most of us know the majority of smasher's real names, and a few people go by their first name in tournaments a lot. Silent Spectre (Jeff), Home Made Waffles (Brandon), Wobbles (Rob), Jman (Jesus), and others (not gonna go thru them all).

My opinion is that if you know the person you can use their real name when talking to other people that know that person. Like if I were to talk to Rat about Tink, I could be like "Wayne's marth is wack as ****". I have never met Silent Spectre or HMW so I don't feel like I should ever call them Jeff or Brandon. I have met Wobbles and am friends with him on facebook, but I still would feel somewhat uncomfortable calling him Rob.

What do you guys think?
what about smashers that are more popular by their name???

like everybody knows about Ken, but his tag was SephirothKen...
yet nobody would call him that...
i remember he even stated in an interview that he would sign up to tournies as SephirothKen and then the TO would change it to Ken just because everyone knew him by that

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I think if they have their real name in their gamertag its ok, just like its ok to shorten Home Made Waffles to Waffles in conversation. If Camper Bob's real name was Charles, people would still call him Bob since its a shortened version of his gamer tag

Dimitris

Smash Ace
I used to have the EVO World DVD (2007) with the interviews on it (they did HugS, Mango, Chillin', ...). Can't find it anywhere now.

Does anyone have that DVD and is willing to sell it to me?
Or maybe willing to upload the interviews? They don't sell it anymore so I don't think Evo would mind.

(it's for my thread that I'm working on)

Top Bottom