• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Melee Social Thread and stuff

The Star King

Smash Hero
This isn't recent. I've never liked his commentary.

I like yours, though. See? Not upset about everything :)

EDIT: Just read the last few pages of PP's thread. It was, er, interesting.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I think the general population are just really bored and try to pick on something they hate to make themselves feel better. But I'm trying to make them not bored by showing them some light but... it's not working on swf.. lol.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha i understand star king. i think i was just making an observation, from seeing pp's thread to noticing this one.

The Star King

Smash Hero
My advice to you, Kage, would be to not bother trying to teach people about life on the internet unless they ask for it or you actually know them well. It doesn't work.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
or just be more nonchalant :) :) and post smileys. i talk about life and decision making often on the boards, but i'm usually just very casual about it

The Star King

Smash Hero
Well, I'm sure I've done so myself, since it's kind of human nature/it comes up naturally in conversation sometimes. Nothing wrong with that. But it kind of seems like Kage goes out of his way to way to do so, to complete strangers.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Psh all of melee boards are just semi-casual social threads. This game has been talked about and played for so long, theres nothing new to talk about. Usually the things we talk about are the same things always talked about and people are too lazy to search and were too lazy to care so we just answer their questions. The new knowledge compendium will hopefully solve that....

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I wouldn't say complete strangers.. since we're all part of this right? =P The way I see it is that if you can improve yourself with your life, then that means you can also improve yourself in smash too.. they are both relevant with each other. Whatever you learn in life or in smash can be used vice versa.

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
I wouldn't say complete strangers.. since we're all part of this right? =P The way I see it is that if you can improve yourself with your life, then that means you can also improve yourself in smash too.. they are both relevant with each other. Whatever you learn in life or in smash can be used vice versa.
So I can use smash to learn how to talk to girls?

Divinokage

Smash Legend
*sigh* Terrible... And yes you can use smash to talk to girls... that is if you stop being a scrub in smash and in life. =)

I don't think girls want scrubby attitudes.

Mokumo

Smash Ace
First time I ever slept with my girlfriend we played smash for like an hour before we did anything intimate. You're not gonna impress any girls if you suck at smash though and if you have no game anyway smash bros isn't going to help you

:phone:

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
First time I ever slept with my girlfriend we played smash for like an hour before we did anything intimate. You're not gonna impress any girls if you suck at smash though and if you have no game anyway smash bros isn't going to help you

:phone:
I kept 4-stocking mine and she just left. I haven't heard from her in 10 years.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
why would you 4-stock your girlfriend cnostantly

that's demoralizing for guys as it is

but girls

dang son

they might cry or something

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha well my girl would be very aware of the skill gap and probably wouldn't find it amusing to face me 1 on 1

though i'd probably team with her fosho

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
i agree with choknater...

not a wise choice to keep 4stocking your girl...

especially if she is not a good sport about it (my girl >.>)

i played against my girl in street fighter 4 at warped tour in front of like 5 people... she barely lost and she walked away from me all mad >.> and im not even into street fighter 4 so i was just playing for fun

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
i agree with choknater...

not a wise choice to keep 4stocking your girl...

especially if she is not a good sport about it (my girl >.>)

i played against my girl in street fighter 4 at warped tour in front of like 5 people... she barely lost and she walked away from me all mad >.> and im not even into street fighter 4 so i was just playing for fun
I hope you guys know I was kidding O_o

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha no one's saying they're immature. we're just describing regular girl who is not into competitive gaming (and one that would be our significant other) would probably not enjoy being destroyed over and over by their bf.

i was teaching my friend how to play mvc3 and she was extremely nervous because she was trying so hard. i was like calm down and she couldn't haha. she's a bit of an extreme case but girls put a lot of emotional investment into what they do, whereas competitive players most times try to remove emotion from gameplay

Van.

Smash Ace
Hi guys.

Lately I've been dealing with alot of anxiety about Sveets avatar not being a real picture of sveet. I mean, I want it to be. I'm trying to convince myself that it is, but in my heart, I know that Sveets avatar is not in fact Sveet, and theres nothing I can do to change that.

Anybody have some comforting words?

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
Hi guys.

Lately I've been dealing with alot of anxiety about Sveets avatar not being a real picture of sveet. I mean, I want it to be. I'm trying to convince myself that it is, but in my heart, I know that Sveets avatar is not in fact Sveet, and theres nothing I can do to change that.

Anybody have some comforting words?
Don't fret one young, for Sveet is actually a 4000 year-old black half-elf who steals little boys from Guatemalan boarding schools.

Top Bottom