• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Melee Social Thread and stuff

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
mango vs m2k set

is one of the COOLEST sets to ever happen to melee

so technical, creative, offensive

The Star King

Smash Hero
It's hard to call a set with a ragequit one of the best :/

Dr PP vs Armada Pound V GF is still the best set

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
So I just played 6 HOURS OF STRAIGHT MELEE. That's 6 hours of Falco dittos and ****! I never get to play people, so 6 hours of playing someone kind-of near my level and not a CPU is like the best thing to happen to me ever. It feels like of been in the hyberbolic time chamber for 1/3 of year.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
So I just played 6 HOURS OF STRAIGHT MELEE. That's 6 hours of Falco dittos and ****! I never get to play people, so 6 hours of playing someone kind-of near my level and not a CPU is like the best thing to happen to me ever. It feels like of been in the hyberbolic time chamber for 1/3 of year.
Now do that everyday lol. =)

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
If SmashBoards went all Jersey Shore on us it would be called SmushBoards.

I'm so funny...

...:troll:

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
true that. i'm pretty sure i'm one of the few who enjoyed the match, because young link happens to be my favorite character in the game.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Well it was innovative. Armada had to break out something completely new to defeat Hbox, and it worked!
Completely new? I disagree, that's just hbox failing to adapt to Armada.. Armada is the better player though so IT IS VERY tough to adapt to him. lol.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Whether it was new or not, I would say it was very smart of him to counter Puff with YL. I think Armada is the only elite player who would use a low tier like that :bee:

:phone:

Mr Wizzrobe

Smash Journeyman
I loved how EVERYONE said, before the tournament, that Hungrybox would stomp Armada if he went YL again.

Maybe Hbox should go to D20's house for the weekend and tell him to camp his *** off.

Seriously, though. Time-out, loss by 1%. That is never going to happen again.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
that was definitely a one-time thing. sooooo epic lol. everyone was mad, surprised, happy, laughing, salty, everything.

leffen

Smash Champion
Completely new? I disagree, that's just hbox failing to adapt to Armada.. Armada is the better player though so IT IS VERY tough to adapt to him. lol.
jesus >_> young link wins the match up 60-40, dont ****in say otherwise unless you've played it yourself. I hated hearing HMW absolutely CLUELESS commentary during the match lol.

and jersey shore rocks ; ))))

Jonas

Smash Champion
jesus >_> young link wins the match up 60-40, dont ****in say otherwise unless you've played it yourself. I hated hearing HMW absolutely CLUELESS commentary during the match lol.
Yeah Waffles was being such a ***** on the commentary, seriously. I don't really care about his opinions on how the game should or should be played, and I can't imagine why anyone else would, so why didn't he talk about the matchup, the players etc.?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha yea brandon didn't know what he was talking about. imo ylink clearly wins, but i feel for brandon. he was on the side of the many players who didn't enjoy hbox being "cheesed" by a "low tier" which is definitely what it looked like

'sall good though. people gotta know the truth about young link eventually!

Mr Wizzrobe

Smash Journeyman
Yeah but you guys have to realize that Brandon's "hype to knowledge" ratio as a commentator is like 99:1.

His commentary is basically like someone just watching the match and commenting on it without knowing that other people are listening to it.

Don't get me wrong, I still love his commentary. If he stops saying "swag" every 4 seconds then he will be my favorite again.

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
Yeah but you guys have to realize that Brandon's "hype to knowledge" ratio as a commentator is like 99:1.

His commentary is basically like someone just watching the match and commenting on it without knowing that other people are listening to it.

Don't get me wrong, I still love his commentary. If he stops saying "swag" every 4 seconds then he will be my favorite again.
loooooooooool so true...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nWw7vsi5Ho&feature=channel_video_title

"someones about to get baptized" wtf xD

and i also think he should stop saying swag >.>

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha man. the vibe i get from the boards lately is that everyone is upset by everything! dr peepee's thread closed and now ppl complainin bout brandon's commentary

ah well

Top Bottom