• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Melee Social Thread and stuff

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
foxlisk.... you can't get 100% scouting, i dont care what race you are or how good are you. You keep throwing around "inadequate scouting" but these are the top korea professional players were talking about...

You act like you're going to do one thing, then you do a different one; that's a mindgame (simply put).
how is acting like you are going to 3 gate immortal bust your opponent's base while actually expanding not mindgames? Illusion appears exactly like the unit; the terran player didn't scout badly, he simply had incorrect information. Again, viewing the opponent's army is one of the primary methods of scouting.

This kind of trick would NOT work against low level players because they wouldn't understand the threat or their position and would blindly attack out of ignorance of the threat. This is along the same lines as calling someone's bluff in poker.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
<3 FoxLisk

I really want you to see this video tho, it is tight as ****. I can tell you actually know some of the stuff you're talking about ;)

did you play RTS in the past?

edit- and GSL stream is going on in 2 minutes. Check out http://www.gomtv.net/2011gstl1/live/ if you want to watch. Free ****standard quality, all you have to do is make an account.

Lineup-

STARTALE (Julyzerg, Ggoboogie/Squirtle, Rainbow) vs Team SCV Life (Tester, Fruitdealer, Alive, Rain)
Incredible Miracle (Nestea, Mvp, Seed) vs ZeNEX (Kyrix, other people i dont know)

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
yeah. im actually a mid-diamond level zerg (like 33rd in my division last time i checked). id ilke to watch the video, it just sounds like it was a lucky ploy more than a brilliant tactic. I haven't been following pro SC2 all that closely though is the thing.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
okay. yeah that was a cool game, but I stand by my statement. You significantly overstated the power of the hallucinated immortal. It forced Hyperdub to build some extra units, and he then used those units to keep pushing Seed and ****ing up his expansion. I think that Hyperdub was even at worst until the DTs came in, those did a lot of damage. he also overextended at the end and got counter attacked, probably should have expanded earlier

tl;dr the tactic was good, but not what won him the game.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
i have to say this has been my least favorite magic trick post you've made twin_a :( it was almost all comedy and props. Entertaining, but not what i expected lol

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
i have to say this has been my least favorite magic trick post you've made twin_a :( it was almost all comedy and props. Entertaining, but not what i expected lol
Sorry I was in a laughing mood.

My brother posted the one I would have used to redeem myself with, so instead I'll post a quick performance that is very well done by Alex Pandrea
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIqbpLTAS4A

tw1n

Smash Champion
Lol ya I love Ricky Jay's whole performance. And no worries. We don't take most things personally :D
Ask any smasher who knows us. It takes a good amount to make us mad lol.

And bro (my bro...) I saw how the guy did it but still damn! That was an awesome trick! Time to start practicing that one ;)

tw1n

Smash Champion
Twins... you have finally put the last straw on the camel's back...
i have picked up a deck of cards
Woooh! If you want any pointers feel free to PM either of us :D

And Geist. I love Penn and Tellar! Their cups and balls routine is genious lol.

DippnDots

Feral Youth
So, I'm doing a low level run through of ff6 right now, ****'s been pretty easy so far. I'm in the magitek research facility, sabin is level 7, gau is 8, locke is 5, celes is 5. No one has over 200 hp. I'll update more when i kill a boss that was sufficiently difficult.

edit: And I'm already suffering cause for some reason straycat wont show up in the veldt. I really need to get that shiz

DippnDots

Feral Youth
you run away from everything, and fight in the veldt for money / magic points without getting exp. Then you pwn the bosses left and right with strategy (not vanish ->doom/xzone) :O

It doesn't really get hard until Atma.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Lol I still have never beaten FF6. My bro and I both had made it a good ways through before our memory card erased... Sad times.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
oh god. seriously? you just grind only magic points? that sounds horrible hahaha

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
I just figured out.. The Twin(s) hates Yoshi..><

They commented on all my combo videos.... Taj's CV, Axe's CV...even my...MEWTWO CV.. ><;
but no YOSHI!!

GRR ANGER FACE...><;

/troll mode over

in other news... I was thinking of making another combo videoo everyone......^^; I just need interesting ideas.. maybe even a "compilation video" ^^

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
I just figured out.. The Twin(s) hates Yoshi..><

They commented on all my combo videos.... Taj's CV, Axe's CV...even my...MEWTWO CV.. ><;
but no YOSHI!!

GRR ANGER FACE...><;

/troll mode over

in other news... I was thinking of making another combo videoo everyone......^^; I just need interesting ideas.. maybe even a "compilation video" ^^
Wait no I've seen almost all of your yoshi videos haha. I've watched your combo video a half dozen times too. Are you sure I haven't commented on them?

And you could always make a twins combo video ;P

We'll just start putting up matches we record but are too lazy to upload XP

Here you can put "The Twins Support This Yoshi" on your next video <3
Not that it means anything, but it would be funny haha.

Oh yeah anyone going to Pound should check out Dobs magic. I haven't seen the kid perform but my brother has been mentoring him so he should be pretty legit. Tell us how he does in our absence k :D

<3

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
saw this on one of nicknyte's videos... pretty lulzly.. good memories...

@Nicknyte O.K. yeah your Pichu probably would beat mine. I'm not one of these Melee Crazy People that know these Wavedashing and whatever-canceling and whatnot. That and I Prefer to play with Items (It's my opinion that TRUE players can deal with any situation. since most Melee Pros complain about items I feal they should be on. It may be just me but that's how I am. also put this in the Search bar up there and see MY pichu pwn: "Pokemon Battle Revolution- Vs Youtube?!"

tw1n

Smash Champion
Lol sorry VMan. I could have sworn I've commented on your newest combo vid. I've watched it a few times now as well as a good chunk of you vs other AZ peeps. Mostly Axe lol.

Love yoshi but hate playin against him lol.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
shameless double post.. from previous page.. but i still find this lulz

saw this on one of nicknyte's videos... pretty lulzly.. good memories...

@Nicknyte O.K. yeah your Pichu probably would beat mine. I'm not one of these Melee Crazy People that know these Wavedashing and whatever-canceling and whatnot. That and I Prefer to play with Items (It's my opinion that TRUE players can deal with any situation. since most Melee Pros complain about items I feal they should be on. It may be just me but that's how I am. also put this in the Search bar up there and see MY pichu pwn: "Pokemon Battle Revolution- Vs Youtube?!"

XDDDD

Top Bottom