• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melbourne Brawl | STIGMA-B for 2010 yes or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
So if Cao is arriving late, does that mean no foxy woxy teams? :(

Chris I'm bringing my cube to Fox Ditto you in melee again =D

Also for Melty Blood the ruleset will be 3 matches, 5 rounds, Winner picks character first (If that matters to any of you =P)

Vermy

Smash Champion
Are there any recording devices in which you don't need a laptop? (not a dvd recorder, something portable and has lots of memory)
Some camcorders can be plugged in methinks. But that's 'spensive.

MELTY BLOOD! ^_^
I too will be using a little Chaos. Mostly Ahika though. Blood-fire combos are too awesome.

IF ANYONE USES CIEL AND PLAYS HER BROKENLY, I WILL HURT YOU.
Ciel is the lovechild of Metaknight and Chun-Li in SF3:TS

@Cao: BIRDIES!!!
And to a lesser extent, Crotch Gators.

Siyro

Smash Journeyman
Tv wise, we at Stigma-B are always prepared =)

So out of towners are in this one? Shaya, Chris, DJbrowny... have I missed anyone?

I'm praying for a good bracket lol.
Well if your going for out of towners, Tanman, Edge Games and myself (DrixonSypher) come from bendigo.

But if you meant out of state then I think thats all, haha

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
No Tak, I'll play teams with you. I'll gym train earlier.

Sydney - Mysterious 3rd person is a crowd.

bylim5

Smash Journeyman
I love bendigo. I used to go to head back there with family every year or 2 but i haven't lately! Now i may have an excuse to go again! :D

Anyway i want to brawl on friday because im free =)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Bring sleeping gear and lots of warm clothes. It may be nice now, but weekend forecast is ****. You have my number

Viral-Enki

Smash Cadet
Dang, this sounds like a great turn out, but I won't be there. =(

2000 word English SAC > Smash.
Next month maybe (unless that falls near exams...).

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Wrong. Smash > 2000 word English SAC. I A+'ed my SACs and I think Smash is more fun and important than SACs.

Tanman

Smash Journeyman
Well, Me, DS 'nd EdgeGames should be arriving around 9 if all goes according to plan. I call a match on a TV once we finally arrive...

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Who would be driving there by the way?

I ask because I and Meteor have to be at southern cross station for a returning train by around 7:45pm. So if someone was willing to lift us to the station from the convent at around 7pm that would be really really really appreciated.

Browny

Smash Hater
^^^ same...
my ability to come is dependant on how i can get to and from convent/southern arcade. atm i got no ideas :/

C~Dog

Smash Champion
There is a train that goes from Victoria Park to Southern Cross. It should get you there within 45 min, just checking the times now...

Yeah it takes about 15 min to get there by train, so add the ~5min walk from the Covent and you have plenty of time.

Suntan Luigi

Smash Lord
Dang, this sounds like a great turn out, but I won't be there. =(

2000 word English SAC > Smash.
Next month maybe (unless that falls near exams...).

That's crazy. Writing a WELL-written 2000 words long piece is very difficult. I wrote 1100 words today and probably at most could have written another 400 words.

I swear I was gonna come this monthly but I have like 3 or 4 SACs the same week. Sucks arse

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Fark everyone talks too much here.
I had to catch up on like 3 pages since this morning wtf.

Anyway I can host some people on Saturday night as long as you don't mind leaving early and helping set up the venue in the morning...
Probs take the other offers up first though due to them actually living closer to the venue and probs have bigger houses to host you in.

I'm doing absolutely nothing from Friday night until the tournament and I was hoping I can use that free time on Smash and nothing but Smash so who wants to do stuff?

Nixernator

Smash Ace
Oh god I so hope I get a good bracket this month. Only real upside is Afro isn't there to kick my butt.

And Amaterasu how does one play 64 on wii? With a gamecube controller?

Browny

Smash Hater
Jei if u could house me on sat night that means i can probably come...
get to melb airport by like, sometimes 12-6pm on sat, could i then get a bus to city / + cab to your house or something? how much would that cost. plz let me know if thats fine since i want to book the tickets thursday morning if possible

Also im hoping getting back to southern cross station by like, 7:30pm on sunday, maybe go with shaya. I have no clue about melb so lulz :/ I really wanna be sure theres a reliable way i can get there. Also is that place big? I have to be on the way home by 8:15pm but for some reason i expect it will take me 30 mins to figure out where the hell to go lol.

If I come who would team with me... Im not new to this stuff, ive placed 1st in 9 consecutive doubles tourneys in SA with 6 different partners so I'd be looking to get another high placing :) I use snake/MK in doubles btw

Siyro

Smash Journeyman
Can't make it this w/e, turns out. I'm apparently booked in for having a hangover.
Next month, I guess.
Aw, such a shame. I really wanted to verse your ness again, those matches were so much fun :).

I'm going out saturday night, but I don't end up with hangovers so i'll just be functioning on lack of sleep :laugh: So no different to last month.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
@DJBrowny: In case you don't get my MSN messages, just letting you know it's cool if you stay at mine on Saturday night so book your tickets :)

The travelling you mentioned would cost you way too much so if you are able to go online MSN tonight maybe we can arrange something, maybe I can even pick you up from the airport <3

@Everyone: Moar TV's! We need moar! (and wii's)

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
this meet is looking huge. looking forward to it very muchly. just putting it out there that ill be going for gold this month. no more messing around.

@jei: ill bring a wii, and maybe a tv. id have to take it from my sister's room when she goes to work. haha

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
this meet is looking huge. looking forward to it very muchly. just putting it out there that ill be going for gold this month. no more messing around.

@jei: ill bring a wii, and maybe a tv. id have to take it from my sister's room when she goes to work. haha
I'm always going for Gold. Where you at son?:laugh:

tibs7

Smash Champion
@shmot: you always go for gold, its just your not good enough, you cant just spotdodge your way to victory haha (inside joke).

Browny

Smash Hater
If I come who would team with me... Im not new to this stuff, ive placed 1st in 9 consecutive doubles tourneys in SA with 6 different partners so I'd be looking to get another high placing :) I use snake/MK in doubles btw
[shameless bump] Anyone? :bee: [/shameless bump]

So yeah tickets are confirmed which means... Steak matches, and lots of them. No wifi johns, only up-b to uair KO's and hypnosmashes. should be good :)

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Myself and Ricky (Meteor Master)

Are also confirmed. We're not arriving until Sunday morning though, so thanks to all who were willing to offer housing, but we won't need to be a burden to you this time :).

Except maybe CAO. I guess I'll be waking you up at around 7:30am. :p :p :p <\3 [i.e. hate :p]

Djbrowny, what times are you arriving and stuff?
Oh, and I'll team with you. ROAR. TRIPLE META KNIGHT. lololol

Vermy

Smash Champion
Hey jei, totally unrelated to anything, but how about a rule than there can be no more than one mk or snake on any team for the doubles tourney? :D
I concur. Bullsh*t should be limited to small doses.
The turnout for this tourney seems scattered....a lot coming, but a lot unable to. =/

I do NOT feel like working tonight. -_-
Someone come hang out at Playtime Highpoint from 5-10pm, im gunna be bored!

Ill give you free games? SF3, Daytona etc?

Browny

Smash Hater
btw the adelaide rule on MK applies to doubles as well, although its relaxed. Maybe melb could try it if MK in doubles gets ridiculous? simply, in any set with 2 MK's on one team, MK can not be used to win 4 times (1 match counts as 2 MK wins). so if a team of double MK wins the first match, from then on in only one team member can use MK. if double MK loses the first match, they can still go double MK the next match, if they win that, round 3 is only one MK.

I think thats kinda fair. its about as soft a rule ever enforced on MK lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom