• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melbourne Brawl | STIGMA-B for 2010 yes or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

earla

Smash Lord
as if you're hostin ricky. his mine.

when do you get back to melb. leishy?

earla

Smash Lord
bigger bracket > low tier tourney.

last stigma, lets get as many as we can into the bracket.

good luck at boost, rep melb

C~Dog

Smash Champion
I would also like to do Scrambled Eggs, but i'd rather have a larger bracket. xD

Imo, we do teams and singles, then see how much time is left.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Id say we have a crew battle

Shaya + like whoever else is on the PR who shows up
vs scrubby melbourne

we didnt get the chance to pwn you guys at rocky.

but not even old Ftilts McNadecamp will save you now.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Holy ****.

I've finished resorting all my textures. I am going to have an SD card for singles which has all cool textures, and one for doubles which fixes all the stupid colours on characters such as Lucario, Sonic, and PT. Every character has at least one texture, some have a dozen.

And i managed to find a picture for ALMOST EVERY SINGLE TEXTURE. So no more confusion and stupid bull**** about not knowing which texture is which. I just need to figure out some awesome colours for G&W, and it will be sweeet.

It took me the same time to do all that, as it took me to watch Futurama: Into the WIld Green Yonder. Three. ****ing. Times.

Goodnight.

*dies*

Atlasmist

Smash Journeyman
dont forget the baten kaitos music please chuchu if rick has given it to you also on a side note ANYONE FOOD REQUESTS (FINGERFOOD/CAKES)?

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
imo as far as J-rpgs go, baten kaitos was pretty bad

I liked some of the soundtrack though

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
The battle system was unforgiving, and the voice acting was terrible. But the soundtrack was ****, and the storyline was mindgames, one of the best plot twists I can remember.

D0N

Smash Ace
Because dins fire + bucket = instant death. I can use zelda too, she was my first secondary and ive been picking her back up. Ill still use the other two sometimes though.

Splice

Smash Hero
anyone that has ever teamed with me can tell you that... i cant use the bucket.
entrusting me with such power will only dissapoint you.
I'd much rather we had a good overrall playstyle going on, I think Fox would be the best but i dont really know.

D0N

Smash Ace
lol ok. We'll do some practice rounds and see what works and if we dont get the chance ill go fox.

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
i should probably find a partner soon as well so i don't just rock up on the day and find someone else without a partner.
i'm no good at this game though... D=

Splice

Smash Hero
ii'm no good at this game though... D=

Untrue.
You just dont come to enough tournies. :/

D0N I'll talk to you more about team strategies at the tournament i guess, talking to some of the people from the GaW boards, DK sounds quite good, So i guess we can change depending on who we verse but if we are unsure i trust DK. I can't wait!! :D

T.REX

Smash Apprentice
so final stigma looks awesome yeah :D
all hail jei
yay melbourne
ect ect

top 8 going through is awesome, wont have to face them in pools :D

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
just a heads up splice, I'm fairly sure that D-throw to bucket is a true combo, so all don needs to do is spam dins fire and then its 1 grab = death
fox's laser is good for the bucket too but it'll be really weak and wont kill early

Splice

Smash Hero
If you're talking about GaWs Dthrow, Any player thats any good knows how to avoid this "true combo", and Melbourne is like the state what has good players, so that probably won't work. :p

And if you mean Zeldas Dthrow to GaW bucket, well i wouldnt know, Zelda is low tier, who cares about her moveset, amirite guys? guys?!

Also Fox' laser isn't worth it in the end, because you can't bucket break whilst it's full and the reward for landing it is quite low, IMO just land a Fair.

Thanks though Luke =D
How many OoS's coming to this Stigma, anyway? Just D0N?

C~Dog

Smash Champion
D0N, Meteor and Shaya that i know of. I think Ted and Luke might come down for it maybehs.

Oh, and dthrow > bucket only works if you dont DI behind G&W. So its more of a techchase than a true combo.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
just an update for all of my fans:

i got the wii to work yesterday (havent played since i was in aus), and my god have i gotten bad. cant even wavebounce/dacus right... got find myself some training buddies and get this shiz back on track...

just you wait d0n!

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
just an update for all of my fans:

i got the wii to work yesterday (havent played since i was in aus), and my god have i gotten bad. cant even wavebounce/dacus right... got find myself some training buddies and get this shiz back on track...

just you wait d0n!
welcome to my life

If you're talking about GaWs Dthrow, Any player thats any good knows how to avoid this "true combo"
well if its avoidable then its not a true combo, I was under the impression that it was a true combo but that being said I know **** all about G&W

anyways, I'll probs come to this, catch up with all the Melbounites and Attila the nun (yeah thats right)
so me and ted can stay with you condog?

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
a nun? i'd love to debate why this is totally not the case, but I have 200 vocab to memorize by tomorrow. oh, and that's only for my test 1st period tomorrow. the one I have at 3rd is another 100 words. the japanese education system is seriously screwed... i just wanna play smash...

Splice

Smash Hero
Oh, and dthrow > bucket only works if you dont DI behind G&W. So its more of a techchase than a true combo.
Hey, guess what Mr.Stupid? You weren't meant to say that out loud! :mad:

:dizzy: im kidding, i would probably have still messed up anyway :) Plus i think DK is way to go ;)

Also Attila i'd be happy to play you on a Friday/Saturday/Sunday at N2C 1v1s one day? I still haven't played you properly yet, 2 matches is nothing :(

well if its avoidable then its not a true combo, I was under the impression that it was a true combo but that being said I know **** all about G&W
Don't worry Luke, you're only Australian. :):p

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Yeah man, its cool. I can have 3 people stay. If (WHEN) you guys come, arrange it so you get to Tullamarine at around the same time as D0N, that way i don't have to go back to the airport on the same day lolol

and did i say DI behind him? i meant DI infront or you die for sure ~_~

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
oh don's staying with you too, ****!

anyways splice the options in doubles are limitless, so you cant combo dthrow into a bucket? fair enough, but if your partner is 4th port and gets the grab, you can just bucket into that and your parnter should have grab armour and not go anywhere.

so as you can see, you now have a grab to bucket true combo

Splice

Smash Hero
Yeah... But seriously, DK in doubles with GaW, word on the street is it's pretty ****.

Although i guess what we could do is rock paper scissors for port control (no coins earl :< ) and then if we get it you can be 4 and use Zelda otherwise use DK, depending on the opponents characters and such a wide variety of other factors that we probably shouldnt plan it until it happens. defs need friendlies practice before it starts though to test stuff

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
yeah try it out, if you live near condog then I'm sure he'll let you swing by so you and don can practice against me and ted ;)

but yeah I've teamed with don a little bit and his Zelda is quite good in teams, its great support.
his DK is **** too but I know he doesnt like DK in doubles so much.

and yes I am only Australian.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom