• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melbourne Brawl | STIGMA-B for 2010 yes or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splice

Smash Hero
How about...
Low Tier
Doubles,
Pools with top 8 already in the singles bracket and one of the second 8 per pool (it'll speed things up a bit and still be accurate, if not normal pools) and then
Singles bracket

and finally
Crew battles, except its whoever placed 1st, will be on the same crew as people who placed 3rd, 5th, 7th etc. and person who placed 2nd will be on the same crew as people who placed 4th, 6th etc. so it's more epic than one team getting owned.

Splice

Smash Hero
yeah see condog that would get annoying if some of those people left and we had some people who placed very low still and it could potentially jeopardize everything! (hasnt bothered to figure out number pattern or whatever you are doing)

Meteor, you bring up a good point lol.

Also, as far as time consumption-not-letting-us-do-crews goes, we can ALWAYS do crews after pools, the only reasons we havent done crews some times is because we spend over an hour trying to decide whether to do crews or not or coz we cbf, i think maybe once or twice we didnt have enough time.

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
i like pools, there always seem to be pools whenever i show up.
i plan on finally not coming last this time as well (hopefully).

Splice

Smash Hero
Hey Dean at least you made it out of pools at all that one time :p

Siyro is it coz you place higher in low tier? Is it? I bet it is:) I find that to abuse the low tierness of most characters that are low tier, i have to play gay and playing them is gay, whereas fighting any other character I can play slightly more... fun, for lack of a better word. Except Earls MK, where we stand at opposite ends of FD, think, think, space, think, and attack. wash rinse repeat for 8 minutes. And its the best fun ever :p

Dekar289

Smash Hero
How about...
Low Tier
Doubles,
Pools with top 8 already in the singles bracket and one of the second 8 per pool (it'll speed things up a bit and still be accurate, if not normal pools) and then
Singles bracket

and finally
Crew battles,

holy **** good luck

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
splice: i still don't know how i did that... who the hell loses with marth but wins with ganon? you've got me beat anyway...
i've pretty much dropped ganon except for low tiers now anyway.
i like low tier, we should have it more often.

Ledge_g2

Smash Ace
This is the last tourny of the year aint it? then why not do something special?...

and i think we should always have pools, its good MU exp against people that are trying and the results are more accurate and less about how lucky you were in not getting your bad MUs, because theres more a chance you'd play your hard MUs in the pools.

EDIT:
DS: team attack on or off? that would be fun.

Splice

Smash Hero
haha ledge remember when i beat you round 1? good times <3
ahahahahahahaha. lol Gary :p

But seriously pool full of Snakes please... oh wait if i say that will Luke make a gay joke? probably. Pools are good I hope it is full of different characters and not other Game and Watches. :mad:

Gary are we teaming next year still? We should try some new character combo's if we do.

Dean we do Low Tier every tourney lol.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
I'll be receiving DK training from D0N and maybe Liam and Silfa at Boost so hopefully he will be awesome enough to pull out at the final stigma =D

_X_

Smash Lord
i love you too vermy
GG I lol'd (srs)

How about...
Low Tier
Doubles,
Singles bracket

and finally
Crew battles, except its whoever placed 1st, will be on the same crew as people who placed 3rd, 5th, 7th etc. and person who placed 2nd will be on the same crew as people who placed 4th, 6th etc. so it's more epic than one team getting owned.
Brah you sporting a time machine 'cause that's the only way that'll EVAR happen...

Unless people want to start at 6 am as opposed to 4 hours later when I might not be drunk in the middle of the street trying to hail a cab.

Browny

Smash Hater
hmmm

i might try to come to this. flights just keep getting cheaper to melb lol.

However can I get an idea on any possiblities of pick/up drop off at airport / possible housing? I just really dont want to have to catch the bus back to adelaide on sunday night again, that was horrible. if there was any way someone could help me on the monday that would work great :D

Splice

Smash Hero
That thing I mentioned before that you think we dont have enough time for? Yeah? We've done that before, and what i said will be shorter coz 8 people will already start in the bracket and we can let less people through the pools. 1 or 2 I am thinking maybe? Especially if you guys think it's going to be a low turnout.

Splice

Smash Hero
Actually I'd rather play pools, we can trade spots if you want I honestly don't care.
It's just a slightly different way of doing things and IIRC thats what Jei agreed would be a good idea in an MSN convo, don't hold me to that though.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
hey leave "prince DJB" alone, he's obviously better then us and must be given special treatment

But seriously pool full of Snakes please... oh wait if i say that will Luke make a gay joke? probably.
****, they're onto me

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
flights have been booked. attila will be attending the final stigma for 2009.

im in melbourne from saturday (21st) to tuesday (24th). enjoy.

Ledge_g2

Smash Ace
flights have been booked. attila will be attending the final stigma for 2009.

im in melbourne from saturday (21st) to tuesday (24th). enjoy.
haha Awsome, ive picked up Snake so you should teach me some good stuff. XD

ohh and about the top 8 getting a free ride into brackets... i think thats an unfair idea...
and also people that arent top 8 would like to play top 8 players in tourny matchs, so they can learn from them when their playing competitively, and not just in friendlies...
and what would the top 8 be doing while waiting for the pools to finish? im sure they would rather be playing in the pools.

Devil.

Smash Journeyman
Top 8 straight into the bracket just makes things run faster, your looking at cutting what 8 x 5 min average round x 2 rounds = 80min give or take
and essentially its not unfair as the top 8 would be given their own pools anyway and are presumed to make it through.

its a good idea if were low on time in any case

but Jei you can do whatever you want... because its YOUR BIRTHDAY!!

Also when Atilla said he was coming i jizzed in my pants

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Dear CAOTIC,

Please teach me how to run a tournament where people don't question your motives. I'm trying to do everything you did last year and more, no one ever questioned what you did but when I do it it's always "why?" or "that's stupid" or "here's something better".
What am I doing different? Am I too much of a pushover? Do I need to demand more respect?
Please help me in my time of need.

Sincerely yours,

Jei Jei~ :(

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
You need to doesn't afraid of anybody.
Yee-Gods you're right!

To everyone who doesn't agree: for real, stfu.
This is how the last tournament will go and there's no if's or but's:

***Low Tier early in the morning as normal.

Doubles.

Singles Registration then a lunch break (length to be decided).

Pools, top whatever (probs top 8) will automatically make it into the bracket while the rest have to earn their place. The next top 8 or whatever will be seeded in those pools. The top 8 can do anything they want (friendlies, watch matches, commentate...) until pools are over.

Singles bracket

If we have time (which we should) a crew battle of some sort.***

That is all.
If you disagree, keep it to yourself or don't bother showing up. Should of performed better during the year.
This top 8 advance into bracket idea was done last year by CAO and NO ONE SAID SH*T. I liked the idea so I'm doing it now. I also liked CAO's idea of having every single level on random for starter stages last year so be extremely thankful I didn't keep that going.

Afropony

Smash Lord
Demand more respect Jei!
I agree with what you're saying though, if people want tournaments to be different they make ones themself.

Earl you gonna play any Pit this tournament?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom