• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MEL: Robocop (Congratulations to M2K/Hall/CAO/Tedeth and many more!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Cao confirmed with Ryan. Never temaed before -- hella excited.

Melbourne has so much **** going on right now it's ****ing ridiculous.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
It's important people bring legitimate, pure Wiis to this event! Otherwise we will have no other option but default to Brawl's 'factory settings.' This (the EB/Nintendo tournament) is a Nintendo sponsored event, so I'll be double checking to make sure replacement Wiis are in proper conditions.

Also, the recurrence of these kind of tournaments are only going to happen if the event is successful in turnout. EB Swanston have no idea how to gauge their attendance for this on Friday, could be anything between 30 people to 100+. It just so happened by chance I was chilling in the store with the foreign crew, Jamie found me and asked me to assist the event runner in my TO-ing-ness.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Meteor: Nope, the rules will be that all units must stick to the same original characters with no unlockables, unless all 3 stations can be fully unlocked fro the get go.

Vermy

Smash Champion
Friday I have an "early go home target" which means if my team hits X amount of sales, we finish for the day, and get paid until 6pm. Last week I finished at 4pm, with 3 sales under my belt. Only been in the job for a month. Today I got 5 sales. If I finish early enough, I'll be showing up at this, and repping PT =D

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Fox actually has a 60:40 advantageous matchup with MK, so there isn't a problem.

EDIT: Also, I'll be having a Smashfest in the hotel room after the Nintendo Event/Dinner, so anybody who wants to play is welcome to come round.

Sirias

Smash Champion
I can see Olimar there.
And I'm pretty sure Olimar just beat M2K. C:

Edit:

Mm... Waking up at 4:30 to have a shower and eat.
After going to bed at 10 PM and not getting to sleep until about 1.
And I'm still sick and feel like anal poss.
Yerrr...
That's twice in a row, now.
Melbourne, I hate you, and the sickness you seem to bring just before I go to you.
Nonetheless I'm eager to fly there. =]
Only 4 and a half hours till my flight, hoorah~

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
I can supply a GC controller or 2 to the Nintendo thing, no Wii though due to homebrews.

ICs bad in FFA and no Marth unlocked from the start... looks like I'm using MK unless I get lucky enough to be put on a Marth-unlocked system early.

Kaila

MLG That Bracket Girl that makes cookies <font col
Because it's public - people need to cover their tracks better if they want that private
I find it creepy because I don't know you and you posted something I said to an apparently mutual friend with my first and last name attached to it.

It's not like I really care, I didn't say anything inappropriate, but it's just straight up weird. I should be able to interact with a friend without you going around and posting it in places, imo.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I should be able to interact with a friend without you going around and posting it in places, imo.
I agree, but who is to stop anyone in Jason's network from posting anything said elsewhere? The responsibility still falls on your shoulders. If you want control more over your privacy, don't use Facebook. Plain and simple.

Take this to PM, if you want to. But don't discuss it further here.

tibs7

Smash Champion
How typical of nsw =P

I can take a wii I think and 2 gc controllers.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I have some unfortunate updates - due to some traffic accidents in the Highway between Gladstone and Rockhampton, SD and Smoking Puppy are very likely to miss their flight. Will keep people updated on their status and options.

Thanks Tibs, now I just need a couple more lendable controllers and Wii console setups from others.

Vermy

Smash Champion
Cao, I should be turning up at the hotel with all my gear around 7ish tomorrow, will the room be open for bringing the big mother TV in?

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
I can't imagine it not being very strict, considering our time constraints on other events, and just plain needing Robo to run as smoothly as possible. =P

Vermy

Smash Champion
Sweet as.

Gear Vermy is bringing:
1x 78cm Flat Screen CRT TV
1x Wii with Brawl
1x 48cm LCD TV
1x Xbox 360 with SSFIV and HDMI cables
1x 5.1 Surround Sound System

I think we need to to a gear check, just to see what we're working with. Sound off like you've got a pair!

Edit: Sound off. Haha. Unintentional pun. Classic.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Man I would love for a Item tourney at the Nintendo thing. Change the ruleset and make it happen Cao! :p

Although if it's FFA that's pretty cool.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Nintendo/EB tournament: It'll be casual-friendly during the first couple of rounds and more serious/standardized towards the end of the tournament. Remember, the event is catering towards casual/mainstream players during the holiday season.

SD/Smoking Puppy Update: They have missed their flight. SD (unsure about SP) is getting another flight to Melbourne at a cost of about $500. I have offered to run fundraiser tournaments in the future to assist both of them in paying off the extra costs in the long-term.

Lucky there's even options to fly to Melbourne from ROC still, as all low-cost Brisbane flights have completely sold out.

Vermy

Smash Champion
Poor Sam. =(
</3

How would everyone feel about a small entry fee for a fundraiser room tourney to help these guys out? ($5 a head)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I'm sure people are hella up for it Vermy, but let's just focus on RC now and deal with that later. <3

I don't think Australians are out-of-character enough to support M2K and not their own brethren.

Grim Tuesday - Robocop's 9am start time is EXTREMELY strict. It will be much more so than last year, which suffered from a backlog of registration queues.

During the Nintendo/EB tournament, there will be an Improv Australia freeze event right outside the shop at 5.30pm. I reckon it'll be awesome footage to have some of us freeze in Smash poses for 5 minutes in the city street.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
man that suuucks. I feel epic sorry for SD and SP. If I was there I would money match them too and give them the money :(

Maybe next year instead of sponsoring someone to come and take all our money we can just add the money to the tournament to make sure we get all of our bro's there.

Or sponsor SS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom