• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MEL: Don't Come 2 (June 5-6)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Due to new developments in the Melbourne Smash Scene Don't Come 2 will be put on hold. The time for it is not ripe now!

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Due to current developments in the Melbourne Smash Scene, Don't Come 2 will take place very soon. The time for it is ripe, now!

I propose running this over a typical monthly, in the next month or two, if the community and the TOs agree to this.

The concept and ruleset should be on the first post, it's do or die, Melbourne!

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Sounds good to me. :3

PS: I need a crew D:

EDIT: also, with the update of the tier list, S tier now only includes MK instead of snake/diddy/wario/etc, is that planned to be changed to S/A tier?

Stray_

Smash Apprentice
A.C.T CREW AMIRITE

but if luke is too good for us then we should adopt condog <3

Atticus

Smash Journeyman
My preference would be to do it in addition to rather than instead of a regular monthly if at all possible. Playing tournaments with our regular characters once a month feels quite sparse at is.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
i agree, i like monthlies... let's just get work on getting them finished earlier and having fun n lame stuff like that lol
still up for dc2 though ofc

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I don't see how you won't be using your regular characters in DC2; apart from the best players for the majority of the time (The char-striking rule rule I think will be laxed for the grand finals between the two best crews).

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
i get to ban all characters that can deliberately avoid me. this might get me back into brawl...

ban mains for the whole thing... i wanna pew pew anyway!

Dekar289

Smash Hero
at dont come
the original

wasn't the point that like there were interstaters and it was relaxed and there was no money to be won, only trophies.. and you could team with your friends and have a good time
and this was really cool and fun

now the winning crew takes all and this is just a monthly with a different format (crews)
i guess if i want to win i'd better crew with whoever is the best, and not my friends (hate this issue) (though most of us are all friends anyway rite <3)
money is evil, see: m2k!
just some thoughts

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I can still smell a delicious grand final because of this setup. Attila, I might remove the character-banning for the grand finals, and see how that goes as a test; technically the rest of your crew should have solutions to your counters, so it's all about how you play your hand, provided you have a diverse and strong crew of players.

Who wants this instead of the June monthly? I won't be here for the July one, so it's either June or August, and I'd rather have it sooner than later! Thoughts!

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
I can still smell a delicious grand final because of this setup. Attila, I might remove the character-banning for the grand finals, and see how that goes as a test; technically the rest of your crew should have solutions to your counters, so it's all about how you play your hand, provided you have a diverse and strong crew of players.

Who wants this instead of the June monthly? I won't be here for the July one, so it's either June or August, and I'd rather have it sooner than later! Thoughts!
a month should be long enough for tibor to train a secondary, but june is exam time for us uni kids, so maybe early july?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Upcoming monthlies:

XXXV - June 5
XXXVI - July 3 (I'm not here so I don't think that'll work)
XXXVII - August 7

Vermy

Smash Champion
Tibs, I will teach you Ibuki and we will own Melb SSFIV. <3

Yaaaaaay CAOssss.

K now I need a crew.
Since ASSAULT doesn't really exist any more, I will offer myself open to freelancing. Crew who gets me chooses my main, since PT sucks. I also use Marth and Falco.

Slashpockets

Smash Apprentice
Tibs, I will teach you Ibuki and we will own Melb SSFIV. <3

Yaaaaaay CAOssss.

K now I need a crew.
Since ASSAULT doesn't really exist any more, I will offer myself open to freelancing. Crew who gets me chooses my main, since PT sucks. I also use Marth and Falco.
Since when does ASSUALT not exist? Why was I not informed? If you quit now then the crew will still continue to exist and smash all the opposition. It's your choice if you're a friend or foe...

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
I have a question about character striking, would we be able to have no characters striking in a match if both players agree to it?

Vermy

Smash Champion
Since when does ASSUALT not exist? Why was I not informed? If you quit now then the crew will still continue to exist and smash all the opposition. It's your choice if you're a friend or foe...
I don't know what "ASSUALT" is, but ASSAULT isn't really united. :p
Ugly quit Brawl for SSFIV.
T-Rex is quitting Brawl for SSFIV.
You Bendigo Boys haven't been to a tourney for a while now.
J4 doesn't play PT at all any more.

Alfa, ViVa and myself are the only ones who still attend tournaments and use our original low tier mains. Not saying that I leave ASSAULT, but it's kinda fading out on it's own.

Slashpockets

Smash Apprentice
I don't know what "ASSUALT" is, but ASSAULT isn't really united. :p
Ugly quit Brawl for SSFIV.
T-Rex is quitting Brawl for SSFIV.
You Bendigo Boys haven't been to a tourney for a while now.
J4 doesn't play PT at all any more.

Alfa, ViVa and myself are the only ones who still attend tournaments and use our original low tier mains. Not saying that I leave ASSAULT, but it's kinda fading out on it's own.

That's a bummer... Anyway we stopped coming when it became Saturdays, coincedence? I think not. Anyway I will be at Don't Come 2, been waiting for it since it was announced, and T-Rex was supposed to be on our crew but if he quit... we're one short.

Unless he still likes us and is coming? =D

Vermy

Smash Champion
I'd be mad at you Toby, but I'm just so dayum proud.

You're using my phrase, evidentally Conor has infected y'all with it.

Top Bottom