• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MEL: Don't Come 2 (June 5-6)

Atlasmist

Smash Journeyman
i'll be dont coming for the vibe and exitement the teams will be bringin

one broken char per team? sweet as

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
@splice: sure you can be together. although you may want to think about picking up new characters, cause you be both using mk. i suggest snake. he's a really cool guy.

@tibs: you had your chance as crews captain. and well, quite frankly, it didnt turn out so good. so then, IT'S SHOWTIME.

@shaya: fine then. DONT COME.

@vermy: i dont think ive ever seen you being all serious inside a thread before. and if you want a statewide standard, you may wish to include myself and X in on the discussion.

tibs7

Smash Champion
lav, considering we didnt have earl and i made one mistake with caotic the rest worked out pretty well.

Vermy

Smash Champion
My bad, browser hit back accidentally, was supposed to be posting it in 3 Stock'd thread not here.

kupo

Smash Lord
Tibs is the equivalent of Sheldon who lacks a brain regarding team play, emotion and concern. You all should know the outcome.

:3

Ilovebigbangtheory

Attila_

BRoomer
would love to answer that question, but the fact that i dont understand it stops me from doing so.

kupo

Smash Lord
It'd be f*cking boring as with 1st - 4th PR people. Even if you do, there's always character strikes until the grand final.

Pick anyone to be in crew = yes.

LF good team. PST!

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
should be that we cant have more than 2 pr players at all in one crew

then i can unleash my secret GG players

one of them might be feri

ps: when is a vic pr gonna be made for melee, if at all

kupo

Smash Lord
Can you really be bothered making a PR when people know their rankings? >_>

Really isnt too much to discuss tbh! D:

Sloth

Smash Ace
This sounds fun. I'll see how my money situation is by the end of Jan and if its all good I'll come for some meeeeeleeeeee.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
We can just seed the Melee players on the day - you don't need a Melee PR. It'll just make everyone angry.

Sloth, cool! Although... Syke thinks I should hold this off until June when Juggy comes down, so a QLD crew can represent! I could just run Don't Come 3 for that, but he's all talk anyway. :)

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
You expect a repeat of the brawl one?

Besides Em maybe be correct in that the top 3 would be obvious but after that it's very close, it would be interesting to see where people are placed in comparison to say.... the start of the year to the end of the year =)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
So you want a MVPR eh? We should all talk about it as a group when CW initiates its season.

v Does this make sense to everyone? If there's something I've missed point it out for me. Writing rulesets is hard work.

THE ORDER OF PROCEEDINGS
(For Brawl!)

• Each crew is to have 4 people in their crew. If this is found to be impossible, a 5 person crew will be granted.
  • Each crew will posses 12 stock, which must be distributed as evenly as possible.
  • Players are not required to use an assigned character.
  • *NEW* Seeded players (chosen on the day of the tournament by the TO), will have a handicap of one character strike against any person within their crew, cast by the opposing crew before a set begins.
  • Seeding will be determined by the tournament organizer.
  • Brawl exclusive rule: No crew is allowed to have more than one unique S tier character.
  • This will be a double elimination tournament.
  • All character restrictions may be removed in the championship final, upon the agreement of both crews.
  • The winning crew takes all.
  • No time limit enforced.
  • Stages on random select (1 stage strike allowed per game): Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Smashville, Lylat Cruise (stagelist subject to change).
  • All other standard rules apply. The TO will settle disputes upon his/her discretion.

THE ORDER OF PROCEEDINGS
(For Melee!)

• Each crew is to have 4 people in their crew. If this is found to be impossible, a 5 person crew will be granted.
  • Each crew will posses 16 stock, which must be distributed as evenly as possible.
  • Players are not required to use an assigned character.
  • *NEW* Seeded players (chosen on the day of the tournament by the TO), will have a handicap of one character strike against any person within their crew, cast by the opposing crew before a set begins.
  • Seeding will be determined by the tournament organizer.
  • This will be a double elimination tournament.
  • All character restrictions may be removed in the championship final, upon the agreement of both crews.
  • The winning crew takes all.
  • No time limit enforced.
  • Stages on random select (1 stage strike allowed per game): FD, BF, DL64, FOD, PS, YS.
  • All other standard rules apply. The TO will settle disputes upon his/her discretion.

Sloth

Smash Ace

Sloth, cool! Although... Syke thinks I should hold this off until June when Juggy comes down, so a QLD crew can represent! I could just run Don't Come 3 for that, but he's all talk anyway. :)
It would be great to have a QLD crew to represent. Plus Juggy is amazing and full of cute.
Well if a june/july tournament occurs - july suits uni times better; I will definitly come.

But i'll still see how things go at the end of this Month.

Splice

Smash Hero
I love the rules.
They are sweet.

"Players are not required to use an assigned character. "

I like this change you made from what you told me before too.
Goes from sweet to ... uh ... sacchariferous. Mhmm! ^_^

EDIT: Whilst pondering how awesome this ruleset is, I thought of some questions (that clear out the subtleties of the awesome ruleset, they dont change it!)

In a crew of 5, do you choose who gets how many stocks at the start of the tournament, or before each crew battle?

In what order does character banning, choosing who goes first, choosing who gets how many stocks (if you choose before each crew battle) and stage picking? (say if i main wolf/wario and they arent banned, and we get lylat on random, can the person change character?)

Thanks, Cao :)

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
no assigned character :x just noticed that myself
major counter pick fest
wheres cobalt

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
I'm not certain I'll be down in time for this but it's certainly an aim of mine.

Who are the top 3 melee in Vic now anyhow? Redacts Falcon, Dekars DK and.....

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Squeee! Crew with me Shaz? And if you can only make it to one Melbourne tournament this year, make it the Robocop one. Miss you, wubwubwub <3<3<3

earla

Smash Lord
nicks and i need 2 more for a brawl crew.

nicks isn't power ranked so his mk, wario, dk
and ive got zss,mk

anyone out of state availiable?

Attila_

BRoomer
nicks and i need 2 more for a brawl crew.

nicks isn't power ranked so his mk, wario, dk
and ive got zss,mk

anyone out of state availiable?
earl, nicks, shaya, ted.

bring it. or don't come ;)

seriously, i want this crew to happen.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
This event will replace the CW monthly for the month of March btw, so it's all full steam ahead!

Dekar289

Smash Hero
sigh why not <3
someone has to actually win the tournament i guess

whats our crew name

i recommend LADS

Top Bottom