• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MEL: Don't Come 2 (June 5-6)

Sieg

Smash Champion
Will see if can come yet.

Finishing work up around there so I dunno about time off.

S.D

Smash Master
Better start working on secondaries :/.

It would make sense to choose your characters before hand since you can only use one character for crews. But then again... ~_~

I'm going to get revenge on SYD!
I hate to say this but I can't really see Sydney's Melee crowd coming to this...

Hopefully I'm mistaken.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
quick questions:

are we using oos pr lists also? having to play top oos players without mains would be kinda stupid...

do you strike character before the match starts, or when the pr ranked player is stepping into the crew battle?
Should any interstate visitors turn up, all relevant PR data will be utilized for the tournament. If no PR exists, I'll be calling the shots on wether they are going to be ranked like the VPR top 10, under my discretion.

Character striking happens much like a stage strike. Right before every match. This will make strategic decision-making more challenging. Players still must list the characters they originally intend on using (and stick to it) before the character strike process is in effect. If their main is cancelled they are free to use anyone else.

we need more dodgeball
There will always be dodgeball with me. Let's make a new game... Underage vs. Overage? *shrugs*

I hate to say this but I can't really see Sydney's Melee crowd coming to this...

Hopefully I'm mistaken.
Well DC2 isn't designed to be attracting interstates, like a major would. It's designed to appeal locally and break the monotony of the tournaments we regularly get down here. It's also designed to be more upbeat, more fun and less competitive. Our scene really needs something like this at the moment - there are too many sour faces. If you want the complete works and can only attend something in Melbourne once a year, Robocop is the tournament to go to - not this one. But this is going to be loads of fun anyway, so it's up to the individual what they want to do!

I'd like to put my efforts into only 2 tournaments per year, and this is going to be one of them.

S.D

Smash Master
Should any interstate visitors turn up, all relevant PR data will be utilized for the tournament. If no PR exists, I'll be calling the shots on wether they are going to be ranked like the VPR top 10, under my discretion.

Character striking happens much like a stage strike. Right before every match. This will make strategic decision-making more challenging. Players still must list the characters they originally intend on using (and stick to it) before the character strike process is in effect. If their main is cancelled they are free to use anyone else.

There will always be dodgeball with me. Let's make a new game... Underage vs. Overage? *shrugs*

Well DC2 isn't designed to be attracting interstates, like a major would. It's designed to appeal locally and break the monotony of the tournaments we regularly get down here. It's also designed to be more upbeat, more fun and less competitive. Our scene really needs something like this at the moment - there are too many sour faces. If you want the complete works and can only attend something in Melbourne once a year, Robocop is the tournament to go to - not this one. But this is going to be loads of fun anyway, so it's up to the individual what they want to do!

I'd like to put my efforts into only 2 tournaments per year, and this is going to be one of them.
I understand that Cao, was just responding to Em, crushing her dreams of avenging DC1.

I LAG

Smash Lord
tibs said if i came down to melbourne he would show me round St. Kilda

i will try to come to this if lots of people are going

Splice

Smash Hero
Is Cao going to be counted as a PR player since technically he is?
And if so, what of Dean?

If Cao isn't counted as PR, because he is that good he just chose not to be put on it, It's REALLY unfair on Dean.

Also is Dekar perma-banned? If so does that mean he can reply on Smashboards with a PM? I would like to ask him about being on MyCrew.

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
i don't really mind, seeing this is a 'just for fun' tournament, i'm fine with the character restriction on me.

tibs7

Smash Champion
tibs said if i came down to melbourne he would show me round St. Kilda
nawww wub wubs you remembered.

dude my secondaries suck hard, i need to use them moarrrr.

+melee crews will be **** fun.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I'll release real information over the weekend to squash many of the questions that are arising. Don't like it? Don't come. Duh.

tibs7

Smash Champion
this tourny will bring out who teds secondary really is :0
wolf or wario?

tedeth

Smash Master
Well at SQUAT I used Wolf against almost everyone.

I conclude that my Wolf ***** harder, but my Wario is smarter.

So it really depends on who I'm playing against.

If it's someone who finds brute force hard to handle, I'll go Wolf. If it's someone who's too smart for that, I'll go Wario.

EDIT: Also some characters deal with brute force better than others.

tibs7

Smash Champion
yeah your wolf is brutal esp. when inexperienced =(, wario is fat and ghey!!!!
i'd suggest you go wolf :p
and elysium will be: you, luke,scoot,toby. is that correct?

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
cao will correct me if im wrong, but i do believe that your opponent chooses your character bans at the start of each set. ted wont get a choice.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Don't you guys remember my Don't Come rule regarding S tier characters? No more than 1 MK and 1 Snake per crew. I think it's very plausible to re-introduce that rule for this tournament.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
thats ok, elysium only has 1 snake and no mk main

and yeah, the members of elysium, just for everyones reference are:

ted, shaya, toby, meteor, FTS, luke, and the newly inducted liam.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
well, I think I've gained enough wheigh to be counted as 2 people, so that could be a bit awkward...

...Ellipsis...

Smash Lord
Really want to go to this, we can just create an Elysium super team with whoever turns up. If there are 5 of us though I'll go with other people cause I'm the new member. I can use MK though if you want. It's handy having more than 1 character.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Oh Sydney, please stop bringing the hype. I'm pretty confident Tibs/Attila/Cao/Jei have got this (with Attila/myself captaining). See you in the grand finals with character restrictions removed? *grins*

Did you kids want to play some dodgeball?

tedeth

Smash Master
Yes. Melbourne proved they can hang with us in crews at STIGMA.

Wait.

No they didn't.

:)

EDIT: I propose we have 2 crews:

Elysium

and

Elysium + Scoot

That way it can be an all Elysium... + Scoot... final. :)

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
a few things about dont come...

tibs isnt captaining
crews are only made up of 4
we has kick-*** secondaries

just for the record ;)

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
me and ricky got this, fox and sonic combo, whats that *****es? cant keep up with us?
OH ATTILA SECONDS FOX TOO? I WAS FIRST DAMMIT, STEALING ALL MY CHARS!!!!

Dekar289

Smash Hero
cao will let down that crew hard

i will carry whatever crew i join and we'll win

Splice

Smash Hero
Uh Cao, if one person has MK as their main, and the other has it as their secondary, does that mean they can't be together?

Example
Afropony - MK as his main (when banned, Pit)
Splice - GaW as his main (when banned, MK)
? ? ?

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Uh Cao, if one person has MK as their main, and the other has it as their secondary, does that mean they can't be together?

Example
Afropony - MK as his main (when banned, Pit)
Splice - GaW as his main (when banned, MK)
? ? ?
as long as theres no more than 1x snake and 1x mk in the final lineup its fine, the bans get done BEFORE you establish your lineup (not the exact order, just whos playing what)

Dekar289

Smash Hero
yeah you don't go in with a secondary already stated splice, or even a main

tibs7

Smash Champion
cao should just captain our crew 'cause attila knows absolutely nothing about anyone or anything and complains that snake isnt good, no joke + no offence.

Top Bottom