• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MD/VA Power Rankings: Updated 8/14/12

SOVAman

Smash Hero
I won't enter any tourney that has pools unless like 50 people actually I still wont enter most likely because pools suck. Unless it is a national and has too many people for a regular bracket then there is no point for pools so I wont enter

llamapaste

Smash Journeyman
You can do ranking pools and not eliminate people right.?Like rank the bracket and have the people who did the worst against people who did the best.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
lil b do you have any actual reason you dont like pools or do you like to just say stupid things without reason?

hova

Smash Champion
This message is hidden because lil_b is on your ignore list.

<3 lil b... but ur posts are kinda terrible

letz goez md/va

more melee... more brawl... MORE KART!!

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
dude if i was a TO and I got 30+ people.

1.) singles pools
2.) doubles teams
3.) singles bracket

everyone gets their money's worth and experience as opposed to just losing to 2 people and being done.

also, you can run Singles Brackets while the last 2-3 teams finish.
seed singles bracket during doubles.
start singles bracket while doubles reaches an end.

id also pay out top 7 in Singles.

paow

also, someone find an .iso copy of Mario kart Wii for me so i can play!

brawl is awesome.

also, who here is good with graphic design. i need a logo to be made

hova

Smash Champion
yo Vik

i for some reason have Omni's copy of melee which he abandoned and left in my ownership. you're more than welcome to have it

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Not to complain, but please don't run stuff like 6-man pools where the top 5 get into the bracket and 2 of those pools were 5-man pools.

This happened the last time I was in a tourney with pools. Be reasonable with pools >_&lt;

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
oh yeah bionic

The BtL pools sucked ***

Pools are only cool when you have, like greg/plank said, half or more eliminated. So say we have 25 peeople. I'll end up making 4 pools with 7 people (some with 6), top 2 advance. That may seem harsh, but it's the money's worth for the contestants.

Lil'b doesn't like pools because people try to **** him over by giving others free wins, like dapuffster and m2k did. This won't happen in a pool of 6-7 people where only the top 2 advance. those positions won't be important.

hova

Smash Champion
hovaboards are too goodz

this place would be legit if I ran it

everyone go get kart and play me in some version of Smash

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
oh yeah bionic

The BtL pools sucked ***

Pools are only cool when you have, like greg/plank said, half or more eliminated. So say we have 25 peeople. I'll end up making 4 pools with 7 people (some with 6), top 2 advance. That may seem harsh, but it's the money's worth for the contestants.

Lil'b doesn't like pools because people try to **** him over by giving others free wins, like dapuffster and m2k did. This won't happen in a pool of 6-7 people where only the top 2 advance. those positions won't be important.
I don't like the idea of only an 8 man bracket. That means only 8 people place and everyone else gets last. If you have 25 people then it'd be more ideal to cut it down into 16 man bracket through pools.

I don't like the idea of pools. Especially for small local tourneys honestly.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
pools are good for the entrants.

Though most of think man wtf are we doing pools what a waste of time, some are like I GET TO PLAY THESE PEOPLE?

it's just more for your money.

ShadoFiend

Smash Lord
We pretty much already know the ranks of MD/VA this far on in our tourney scene anyway. I really dont support pools. Its time consuming and not worth it for local events. If i want to play said person i would go up to them and challenge them to a MM.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
problem w/ that is, you usually have to do it before or after tourney, meaning there are HOURS of just watching and sitting around.

unless there are a bunch of setups.

meh. whatever. i think pools grow the community instead of keeping it the same size.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Omni, unless it's for OMAR i'd be happy to help haha

also, pools gets people there moneys worth, I'm all for it regardless of tournament size.

hova

Smash Champion
pools are tight

i remember back in the day when some people's only goal was to make it out of pools. now people are like 'hey look at me!! i got 17th!! i'm awesome!!'

Pools are going to happen so you guys can stop *****ing about it and just suck it up

i seriously doubt most of ya'll even have real experience with pools, that's all md/va did during melee

hova

Smash Champion
pools are tight

that's my point, did you have a point at all...

don't you main sonic? how's that working out?

ESOJOSE

Smash Ace
lol says the guy who don't even play brawl anymore..

"hey let's have this and that from now on, but i'm not coming ! you're all sucks "

:chuckle:

oh.. and inb4ignorelistjoke
at least when he does enter, he does singles.......:dizzy:

Top Bottom