• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Matchups Chart & Lists - Updated: 29/Oct

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
DKs are starting to get some activity in the boards so we'll be updating the MU thread quite often now

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Links please; at least the OP of the Falco matchups hasn't been updated since 1/Jun

? The OP is updated up until 26/Jun

Me too ._.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OP updated:

04-Aug-2009: Captain Falcon's last thread erased; Donkey Kong 40 Ice Climbers, Olimar, 50 Luigi, Wario, 55 Fox; Ice Climbers 50 Pokémon Trainer; Ike 35 Marth, and new thread; Kirby 50 Toon Link; Link's last thread erased; Lucario 50 Wolf, 55 Luigi, 60 Peach; Marth 55 Zero Suit Samus; Wolf 40 Wario, 45 Snake, and last thread erased
Well, that seems like some sort of glitch. I've updated the chart, take a look at the new numbers.

sasook

Smash Champion
Btw, the Links have MK listed as 20:80. It's not in our matchup thread because one of our users wrote a fantastic, very in-depth guide which no matchup discussion on our boards could ever match. But the general consensus is 20:80.

Rajam

Smash Champion
thread added :)

Snake matchup #'s, consensus:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=243809

Yes, that port 4 stuff DOES MATTER for Snake. Grenades can make or break a Snake when it comes to them grabbing eachother.
thread added :) though i'll just leave all the dittos as 50:50 regardless of the impact of port advantage

Well, that seems like some sort of glitch. I've updated the chart, take a look at the new numbers.

Well that is weird :S i updated this time the Ganon matchups from that chart

Btw, the Links have MK listed as 20:80. It's not in our matchup thread because one of our users wrote a fantastic, very in-depth guide which no matchup discussion on our boards could ever match. But the general consensus is 20:80.
:O well i only ask for the link to that guide, then i have no problems in updating it to the chart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OP updated:

09-Aug-2009: Donkey Kong 40 Diddy Kong, 55 Kirby; Ganondorf 0 Olimar, 10 Snake, 20 King Dedede, 45 Captain Falcon; Jigglypuff 40 R.O.B.; Olimar 35 Meta Knight, 40 Marth, Peach, 45 Mr. Game & Watch, Sheik, 60 Sonic, and new thread; Snake has new thread, with lots of ratios updated ( averages taken ); Zelda 30 Olimar

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Not sure if any of you have seen this, but over on the SSB64 boards we created one of these that's actually pretty much finalized and as accurate as it can get:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=241670

The difference between the two charts (besides different games) is that there's only 5 categories of matchups rather than ratios. Personally, I think if this chart switched to the 5 categories then finishing it accurately would be a more realistic task. The more I think about ratios the more arbitrary I realize they are. It's too hard to argue something like 50:50 vs. 55:45, and with the 5 categories method settling it would be simple (just call it even). Also, you don't really have to worry about how badly top tiers **** low tiers. Just call it an extreme disadvantage and be done with it. Otherwise you have to figure out how you defend Snake having, for example, 56 on Link but a 62 on Ganondorf. How is anyone supposed to know and/or see the difference there?

Obviously with only 5 categories of matchups you lose precision, but I think it's impractical and too difficult to accurately create a complete ratios chart.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Lucario boards are going to have an overhaul of ratios soon.
Should I tell the two that have been exported already or wait until I get a bulk load?

Rajam

Smash Champion
What a nice chart
but need to make a lil bigger
chart made a little bigger ( fits a 19' screen )

http://allisbrawl.com/forum/topic.aspx?pid=661714#p661714

Looking at it now... he never put a ratio on it. D:

But the general consensus is 20:80. I understand if you don't add it since it's not "official" and just my word though.
._. Sorry i'll wait to the official input

Huge update to the Dedede boards today.
updated :)

Lucario boards are going to have an overhaul of ratios soon.
Should I tell the two that have been exported already or wait until I get a bulk load?
Either way is fine; let me know later :)

OP updated:

18-Aug-2009: Diddy Kong 40 Luigi, 45 Kirby; Donkey Kong 45 Diddy Kong, Wario, 55 Luigi; King Dedede 35 Ice Climbers, Olimar, 45 Kirby, 50 Mr. Game & Watch, Wario, 55 Snake, Zelda; Lucario 65 Sonic; Mario 45 Luigi; Meta Knight 65 Bowser; Sheik 45 Peach; Toon Link 50 King Dedede, 60 Luigi, 65 Zelda

zeldspazz

Smash Master
You can get rid of the second link you put under Zelda's matchup threads. It completely outdated and hasnt been posted in like over a month.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Could you... go back.. and un-average the Snake matchups?

Just take the highlighted ones on the thread (most agreed upon) and if it is a tie (only one is IIRC) then you can take the average of them.

Because 49, 51, 62, and all this crap is stupid. And not EVERY vote should count. Just the majority.

Because if EVERYONE thinks we 55:45 someone, and ONE person things we 90:10 that same person, would you really average in that one person's thoughts?

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Chart's too big now. It stretches the page. It was perfect how it was before. : /
Depends on how your screen size.

Also, top D3s now say that D3 is 65:35 in D3's favor because Wario has no approach options while D3 is spamming back air, and then D3 can easily respond to everything he does.

Rajam

Smash Champion
You can get rid of the second link you put under Zelda's matchup threads. It completely outdated and hasnt been posted in like over a month.
The problem is that the new Zelda thread has just a few ratios... i'll erase it as more new ratios are put, unless you insist in erasing that old thread ( and all the ratios that are not in the new matchup thread )

Could you... go back.. and un-average the Snake matchups?

Just take the highlighted ones on the thread (most agreed upon) and if it is a tie (only one is IIRC) then you can take the average of them.

Because 49, 51, 62, and all this crap is stupid. And not EVERY vote should count. Just the majority.

Because if EVERYONE thinks we 55:45 someone, and ONE person things we 90:10 that same person, would you really average in that one person's thoughts?
done :)

Chart's too big now. It stretches the page. It was perfect how it was before. : /
lol i think the same now. I went back and made the chart the same size as before ( fits a 17' screen )

Lucario vs. Pit: 55:45, Lucario vs. TL: 50:50.

23-Aug-2009: Fox 45 Meta Knight, Snake, and new thread; Ice Climbers 40 Zelda, 60 Olimar, 70 Sheik, and new thread; Kirby 60 Ganondorf; Lucario 50 Toon Link, 55 Pit; Snake's ratios changed to General Consensus ratios instead of averages; Wario 55 Diddy Kong, 58 Falco, 80 Sonic, and changed priority of threads

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
PLEASE change the Pika v D3 matchup to 55:45 Pika. It makes me sick to look at it. If not 55:45 make it 60:40 Pika.

Also change Oli to 60:40

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Is Wario/Sonic 80/20 Wario favour? I know nair, fair and dair ***** Sonic, and it takes forever for Sonic to kill Wario. Sonic edge infinite does not mean anything cause grab Wario in the edge is nearly impossible.

And ZSS/Squirtle should change to like 70/30 ZSS due ZSS can infinite Squirtle.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Hmm, I find it odd that Luigi is among the worst characters in thw game macthup wise...unfortunatly i'm too stupid at this game to know which matchups on this chart need correcting when you get around to it, cept for a few odvious ones *cough Luigi vs Wario 70:30* :/. I'm sure that's be fixed to like...50/50

Nestec

Smash Ace
Lol, Luigi is a really good character, he just gets his pancakes battered waaaay too hard.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Lol, Luigi is a really good character, he just gets his pancakes battered waaaay too hard.
That's sorta an oxymoron lol. He's ***** or gets ***** like Fox for example. And his matchups are very odd (Even against Wario, good against Diddy and Olimar) Killed by top tiers, and everone else...he basically beats by a bit or goes average against.

Still, very odd how Luigi's with all the low tiers in the matchup chart, there's people on there who are beaten worse overall more than Luigi and are yet still higher...

This is probably due to Luigi's matchups not even being finished, Like for example, him vs Olimar,60 or 65-35, that should boot him up slightly.

BSP

Smash Legend
This is a nice reference.

After looking at Ganon's matchups all i could think was,"Poor Ganon..."

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
pit vs. DK

55-45 pit's advantage this was decided by me and admiral pit so you can fill that in.

oh and Dk vs. DDD is 90-10 possibly even a "lol" match up. (100-0)

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Im sure everyone at the Zelda boards would agree that you can the Iceclimbers vs Zelda ratio from 65:35 to 60:40 Zelda advantage.

Rajam

Smash Champion
PLEASE change the Pika v D3 matchup to 55:45 Pika. It makes me sick to look at it. If not 55:45 make it 60:40 Pika.

Also change Oli to 60:40
Eeeeeh... links to those official ratios please

pit vs. DK

55-45 pit's advantage this was decided by me and admiral pit so you can fill that in.

oh and Dk vs. DDD is 90-10 possibly even a "lol" match up. (100-0)
:o i didn't notice you are the DK' matchups thread creator... I'll update those in the next update; though it would be better putting those ratios in the DK matchup thread before

Im sure everyone at the Zelda boards would agree that you can the Iceclimbers vs Zelda ratio from 65:35 to 60:40 Zelda advantage.
Mmmmm... i need this to be an official ratio from the Zelda boards, updated to the Zelda matchup thread as possible

Lucario vs. Fox is 50:50 (although I disagree), and Lucario vs. Sheik is 60:40 (which on the other hand, I do :D)

03-Sep-2009: Donkey Kong 38 Falco, 50 Snake; Mr. Game & Watch 40 Toon Link, 55 Falco, King Dedede; Ice Climbers 45 Diddy Kong; Link 30 Falco, Meta Knight, and priority of threads changed; Lucario 50 Fox, 60 Sheik; Lucas 43 Falco, and new thread; Mario 45 Lucario, 50 Charizard, Luigi, Squirtle, Toon Link, 55 Bowser, Jigglypuff, 60 Ivysaur; Meta Knight 70 Bowser; Olimar 50 Ness; Samus 40 Kirby, Snake, 45 Pit, 50 R.O.B.; Toon Link 50 Wario; Wario 70 Wolf

Top Bottom