• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Match-Up Discussion #10! Peach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
It is not a landing hitbox simply because she doesnt need to land to get that extra hit. Both her NAir and BAir have strong hits during the initial frames of the attack, and the later frames have soft hits. The 2nd hit is somewhat of a glitch that requires the use of a float.

She needs to be high enough off the ground that she doesnt autocancel after the first hit:
Float>BAir/NAir initial hit>Drop Float>BAir/NAir second hit

For some reason the float allows the latter frames of the BAir/NAir to be registered as a different attack.
You can not get the second hit off without falling. The height that she is does not matter. If you don't Float and drop, you are not getting that second hit box. That be what YOU so call a glitch. Seriously, learn the character better and match ups before you post such arrogance. Tends to get annoying.

3xSwords

Smash Lord
So Dark Peach, safe to say 62.5-37.5? :laugh:

I mean if you will be so kind as to give us 5%, then it would make this so much easier lol.

Nah whatever, I agree with 60-40, 5% doesn't make much of a difference to me. It seems like we have come to an agreement of sorts. Unless somebody posts something radically different that will change this rating please post, but if not then I guess its safe to say that this discussion is almost over.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Yeah, i think we're pretty much done here. Ill start the next discussion tomorrow. Thx to all the peach's who helped out.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
So Dark Peach, safe to say 62.5-37.5? :laugh:

I mean if you will be so kind as to give us 5%, then it would make this so much easier lol.

Nah whatever, I agree with 60-40, 5% doesn't make much of a difference to me. It seems like we have come to an agreement of sorts. Unless somebody posts something radically different that will change this rating please post, but if not then I guess its safe to say that this discussion is almost over.
Why you want the 5% so bad o.O I mean you guys already have the advantage over Peach. What more do you want?

White-Peach

Smash Ace
You can not get the second hit off without falling. The height that she is does not matter. If you don't Float and drop, you are not getting that second hit box. That be what YOU so call a glitch. Seriously, learn the character better and match ups before you post such arrogance. Tends to get annoying.
Take your ignorance and attitude somewhere. A landing hitbox like the ones mentioned occur when the attack runs into the ground (like DDD's UpB.) Peach doesnt have that, because she doesnt hit the ground to get the other hit. It has to do with a glitch in the float mechanic. Seriously, reread my post and shut up.

3xSwords

Smash Lord
O.o Discussion is over but I think we have something going here.

The contrary forces of Dark and White have finally decided to clash. :laugh:

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Take your ignorance and attitude somewhere. A landing hitbox like the ones mentioned occur when the attack runs into the ground (like DDD's UpB.) Peach doesnt have that, because she doesnt hit the ground to get the other hit. It has to do with a glitch in the float mechanic. Seriously, reread my post and shut up.
No shizz, ya think? Why the hell you think I said you gotta float with Peach to get the second hit box out. Duncecap, read my post more clearly and veiw the point of it.

The only way to get the second hitbox out of Peach's Nair and Bair are bu floating then dropping once the first hit box connects. The hell with the other characters, we are talking about Peach and how to get her second hit box out, which floating is needed. You get that much? ok then zip it. How does everyone else get it but you. Once again you post shiiz that is incorrect or has nothing to do with what is going on.

White-Peach

Smash Ace
No shizz, ya think? Why the hell you think I said you gotta float with Peach to get the second hit box out. Duncecap, read my post more clearly and veiw the point of it.

The only way to get the second hitbox out of Peach's Nair and Bair are bu floating then dropping once the first hit box connects. The hell with the other characters, we are talking about Peach and how to get her second hit box out, which floating is needed. You get that much? ok then zip it. How does everyone else get it but you. Once again you post shiiz that is incorrect or has nothing to do with what is going on.
You're an idiot to begin with, then you didn't read my post. Maybe I should point it out to you, what you said that was wrong, how I corrected you, what you continued to get wrong, and me pointing that out, again.

Lets start it off with someone asking you for information:
And about the two hitboxes on Peach's bair, is the second hitbox a landing hitbox? Like the one Kirby or Boswer have on their dair?
Then you giving incorrect information:
And yes it is a landing hit box.
Me giving the correct information to the question that was asked, with an explanation:
It is not a landing hitbox simply because she doesnt need to land to get that extra hit. Both her NAir and BAir have strong hits during the initial frames of the attack, and the later frames have soft hits. The 2nd hit is somewhat of a glitch that requires the use of a float.

She needs to be high enough off the ground that she doesnt autocancel after the first hit:

For some reason the float allows the latter frames of the BAir/NAir to be registered as a different attack.
You being an idiot who starts drama when anyone corrects or disagrees with you:
That be what YOU so call a glitch. Seriously, learn the character better and match ups before you post such arrogance. Tends to get annoying.
Me dumbing it down, and explaining it to you, because the guy that originally asked the question seems to have gotten it, but you still havent. And the bit about taking your own advice and reading the thread:
A landing hitbox like the ones mentioned occur when the attack runs into the ground (like DDD's UpB.) Peach doesnt have that, because she doesnt hit the ground to get the other hit. It has to do with a glitch in the float mechanic. Seriously, reread my post and shut up.
You just showing that you dont read threads, or take anyone's advice to do so:

To which you agree with the content of my first post, that corrected you to begin with:
Maybe you just dont understand that she needs to be high enough off the ground that she doesnt land before the second hit registers. Go try it right now. The fastest of the fast NAirs/BAirs will only register the first hit, because she cant DI into them and drop the float to get the second hit to connect before she lands. Stop being stupid.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
You are more annoying and a dunce then before. Week of annoying people and dumb crap. I got nothing more to say to you. Have you're glory. my head is hurting too much for this.

This topic is over, the marths got what they wanted/needed.

White-Peach

Smash Ace
I hope you learned something today--and do yourself a favor, stop getting so bent out of shape any time someone disagrees with you. It will take you far in life.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
if this match up is 80-20 then i must be that much better than pretty much every marth i've faced (only lost to bardull once who i've beaten once as well). One day I'd love to play Emblem Lord :) Even if I didn't win i am 100% sure i could change ur mentality on the matchup at least.

I personally feel that Peach has more mind games options available to her in this matchup. Marth is easier to read for Peach than Peach is to read for Marth. I can't argue this well as it's not based on statastical data but on a wholeistic view of the character moves in general and I admit it but if you could play me a match you'd see what I was talking about. I don't care to get into heated arguements over it like so many poeple do on this topic, I don' t get why it makes things so heated.

I do think its 80-20 in marth's favor on lylat cruise though. 55 marth 45 peach everywhere else

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Read the whole thread before posting plz.

I would love to play Edreese in a decent competitive game, but I doubt this will happen.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Yikes...I say one thing and it starts an giant arguement? Go me...

The reason I posted that was because it was in our match up thread when we were discussing Marth. No one stated that it was false information, no one challenged it and no one argued against it. Match up threads are meant to have correct information as false information could cost you a game vs a paticular character in there so I was assuming that it was correct and valid. That was why I quoted it, it sounded like an excellent Fair counter strategy against Marth. But since it turned out it was wrong, then I apologise for posting it.

There, disclaimer over. Have we come to a conclusion of 60-40 or 65-35 in favour of Marth?

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
I hope you learned something today--and do yourself a favor, stop getting so bent out of shape any time someone disagrees with you. It will take you far in life.
I already told him this, DP is ridiculously stuck in his ways

**Havok**

Smash Lord
if this match up is 80-20 then i must be that much better than pretty much every marth i've faced (only lost to bardull once who i've beaten once as well). One day I'd love to play Emblem Lord :) Even if I didn't win i am 100% sure i could change ur mentality on the matchup at least.

I personally feel that Peach has more mind games options available to her in this matchup. Marth is easier to read for Peach than Peach is to read for Marth.
I do think its 80-20 in marth's favor on lylat cruise though. 55 marth 45 peach everywhere else
Read the whole thread before posting plz.

I would love to play Edreese in a decent competitive game, but I doubt this will happen.
Hey EL I play with Bone a lot (like Edreeses counterpart pretty much, in SoCal, they share pretty much everything that there is to peach) It's not as easy as it sounds, Peach has similarities to Marth is some ways with obvious exceptions. Range being the main one. Playing a good peach can be troublesome, she weaves and spaces her floats in and out like a marth would with SH's and retreating f-airs. Fresh, if not near-fresh peach f-airs kill at edges. If a peach takes an aggressive stance (floating double d-air, u-air to f-air at low percentage) onto the marth it can rack up enough dmg for to eventually smash or f-air gimp. The turnips aren't that big of a deal but can cause problems when trying to recover. The best tool that I think marth has in this match is alternating weaving double f-airs and SHFF N-airs. Keep the mix up so that peach will have trouble predicting. Then the rest of obvious marth repetoire d-tilt,f-tilt and whutnot.

Edresse might come to my weeklies maybe I can record some matches with him (and Bone) and so further disscuss the matchup. In all honest opinion i don't think it's anything like 80/20 or 70/30.

My two cents. Edresse does speak some truth, he's really good.

**Havok**

Smash Lord
EL im just telling you im going to get videos. I did read it, relax, I know i just repeated info. But im telling you from the perspective of playing against good peach players. I mean if anyone has ever played Bone/Edreese peach (although they do have different play styles) ? Please say so.

EL, I understand that you've gone through a lot of people that don't listen to you or argue with you. I understand that you have EXTENSIVE knowledge with marth. I respect you a lot. But please, dont be ****ing rude to people who want to contribute. I've seen you do it other people and im pretty sure someone is holding onto some piece of information we can all use because he's afraid he's going to get shunned by EL or the marth regulars. Like you are attempting to do right now with me. I'm sorry I don't post here frequently but I will start to.

I'm sorry EL i just want to help out too.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
If you read the thread then you would have read the part where I said I don't think it's 80/20 or 70/30. I think it's 65/35. The fact that you mentioned those other ratios means you did not read the whole thread or you just felt like mentioning those other ratios for no reason.

Either way I became annoyed since there was no reason to mention the other ratios since it's clear that the match-up is no where near that one sided.

bludhoundz

Smash Ace
ike is solid:

Nah, sometimes people see a post in the thread and decide to respond to it before reading further. It's a common mistake, especially when dealing with sarcasm, which can't be heard over the internet.

It can be avoided by reading the whole thread before replying.

BentoBox

Smash Master
As a Peach main, Marth is currently my worst matchup (I'll fight a MK over Marth anyday). Considering the fact that catching turnips is so much more easier, smart marths can usually literally chop through my defensive maneuvers without breaking a sweat, and once in close range, I feel totally outpowered, outsped and outprioritized. I generally cannot approach from the air (f-air/u-tilt>me), baiting attacks is extremely risky has Marth doesn't really suffer from lag on most of his attacks (at least not enough to be punishable by Peach's heavy hitters), failing in spacing yourself correctly will most often then not result in a tipper (hi @ dying under 100% -_-). I feel that his only abusable feature is his recovery, but I am not that great yet at timing my drops from floats to edgehogs against marth's up+b~ And god... his grabbing range :[

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Just re-read this thing.

Lol@White peach and his clanking argument. wtf was he thinking?

lmao.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Does all of Peach's "epic combos" alter the match up in anyway? I never stepped into this one for a reason, no regular Peach to play at all; but it has only been a recent "boom" in her usage/dominance so maybe there's something worth bringing up?

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
60:40? I don't buy that, this has to be a better matchup than that for Marth.

Gwonam_guy

Smash Rookie
Having mained both for a reasonable period of time, i can assume i can see where this is going.

Firstly, peach, although not the strongest against marth, has a few good tricks up her sleeve,

Peachs toad attack can catch players off-guard, seeing as how i have tested that ordinary attacks fall to the whim of toad and spore off marth unless you can retaliate with the counter.

also, peach is probably one of the only known characters that can avoid being forced to an edge, especially since this is one of peaches greatest strengths, recovering from the side.

don't forget that turnips can be used mainly as a distraction ploy so that peach can batter you with aerial maneuvers.

be careful around peach, underestimating could get you sunk for the field point, Peachs strength isn't how strong she is, but how she plays.

Hidden MachineS

Banned via Warnings
I wouldn't waste time splitting hairs w/ ratio numbers so much as I would learning the actual advantages and disadvantages of the matchup. It's literally impossible for every good Marth/Peach player to agree on a set number, and skill varies w/ the person. I know ratios are important and used for every matchups, I just hate when people argue "it's 55-45" "no, it's 60-40"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom