• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Match-Up Discussion #10! Peach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
I'll start with this..

Marth outranges Peach by a good amount for the most part.. here is a vid I made a month ago or so demonstrating the range between the two... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1OA8TeUyjk (i'm aware I missed a few moves)

Marth can just swat the turnips with a jab.

If Peach goes for the float approach ftilt will destroy it.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
peach sux
>_> Here's a summarized version of our thoughts, we believe Marth has the advantage:

-Marth-:marth: 40-60

Discussion: Posts 187 - 248

What to Watch out For:
-Great range and strong killing moves
-TIPPER WILL KILL YOU REALLY EARLY
-He can still spike you
-His forward B on the gruond. Very fast, does a lot of damage
-use of jumps and double jumps to space aerials and get you to react
-his UP b out of shield, he'll use it alot, watch out for it

Matchup Mentality:
-Do not down air as much, you'll be on the defense usually
-Turnip anytime you have a chance to pull one out!
-Back airs, float back-then forward air and forward smash spacing to help you deal with his spacing.
-Edgeguard him as much as possible, you'll win if you can get your kills early off these

Did you know?
-Marth can instantly drop from the ledge and forward air, hitting you with it if you're above the ledge
-You can gimp him by holding the ledge, then letting go into a float, then re grabbing it to gain invincibilty. A very long floating ledge stall. Very useful on Marth.
Kill Peach early, or suffer gimps - basically.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Rofl. Why do you assume he thinks Peach sucks?

He stated a few objective observations.

Edit: Just read the first post.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Dude I was kidding hence the " ;D "

And when are we gonna play again in person. I Have to return an *** kicking to you

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Talking to me Dark.Pch?

Dude...you have no chance.

Didn't you read what NEO said?

This match is 90/10 Marth's favor. 80/20 at best.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Talking to me Dark.Pch?

Dude...you have no chance.

Didn't you read what NEO said?

This match is 90/10 Marth's favor. 80/20 at best.
And you are really buying that? As a Smart Marth as yourself I am shocked you think that is true. Take it from a Peach main that knows this fight left and right This is nowhere near 90/10 or 80/20. You nutz?

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
* Folds my hands together and leans on them.

Then..prove me wrong.

Give me solid evidence as to why the match-up isn't 80/20 or worse.

Whether I buy into it or not is irrelevant. I'm asking you to defend your point of view.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
* Folds my hands together and leans on them.

Then..prove me wrong.

Give me solid evidence as to why the match-up isn't 80/20 or worse.

Whether I buy into it or not is irrelevant. I'm asking you to defend your point of view.
Dude I have defend my point before. I did this with you in the Peach area before. Look here dude.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dark.Pch Vs Emblem lord.

Dark.Pch

" For one thing. Marth has less range than before. And he cant combo like he did in melee. Or chain grab for lil gimp kills. His combos you can just air dodge. What weakness thoses Marth have in this fight. For one thing, his recovery got nerfed. And he is not that hard to edgeguard nether. But thats not his weakness.

He can swat turnips all he wants, he is ether gonna get hit or get caught with a follow up if the player is smart. This Match up is not hopeless as you may think it is.

Peach has to space herself just as much as you do. Cause you have a sword. Also, Marth cant fight under him. Thats another weakness he has. Now, how to abuse it? Simple. Dont play the average Peach. Play smart. Don't Dsmash every time you side step of flinch. Dont roll back and fourth to everything Marth does cause your scared to get Fsmashed or grabbed. Marths will wait for your reaction, then when you roll, sidestep or Dsmash, we will retaliate with a grab of Fsmash.

Marth now love his F-B so they will use that alot. And for spacing. Some marth may F-B you then stop in the middle of it. Wait for you to roll or side step then retaliate. They can also do F-B then in the middle just Jab you or Dtilt you, then start it up again or wait for you to do something then react to what you do and you get punished. Or he can just finish the combo and Down B you for the last F-B hit and stab your shield. Really good for spacing if Marth is too close and fears of getting grabbed or attack out of the shield.

If Marth is too close. Peach Can actually Grab Marth in between the F-B combo with good time at the start of it. or roll behind him and punish Marth if quick enough with a Grab, Dtilt, Dsmash, etc. You can also grab Marth in between his Jabs.

Use your turnips wisley. Dont just throw it once you get it then go in with a FC-Fair. such a common Peach move that people will know what to do. and when you hit thier shield, the Peach may Jab after. Play it smart. bluff the Marth. Mindgames. Think ahead. Turnip pillar him (if you know what that is) Or jump and Z drop the turnip and grab him. Mix up how you go at Marth.

And Watch out for his Fair. it it hits your shield and he spaced it, he can do w/e he wants soon after. Cause that Move has no lag. And his Up air as well. so Be careful when over him. Timed Down airs can stop his up airs. And a Good air game can do damage to Marth. Her Dair is good at shield pressure, eating and stabbing the shield. You can even fast fall through the shield with her Dair and you can get a hit of and stab the shield better depending on the size of the shield and the timing on how you fast fall the Dair.

Marth is really Good at spacing. so you gotta learn how to get past that. Turnips is one way, and well timed attacks when he does his. Peachs Back air comes out fast and has range.
Not to mention it got buffed and hits 2 times. So that is a bonus. Its a really good move for spacing. And can beat his attacks if you time it right. Her Fair as well.

Know what attacks you can do out the shield when he hits yours. if spaced, best thing you can do is maybe Fsmash out the shield. and even if you miss, you space yourself, so you have time to retreat before Marth gets you. FC>Nairs out the shield work wonders if he is close enough.it all depends on his spacing and if he is behind you or in front. Rolling is good but you can be punished for that cause the Marth may catch on............or fact is, you have no choice but to roll. Though you can try to dash attack out of the shield. Since it has priority and hits twice. Decent range too.

Marth can be a sitting duck when recovering. aim well with turnips. or time Back airs or Fairs off the stage to hit him It works and when it hits, thats it, Marth is done. You can run to the edge, Jump and throw a turnip the other way. so now you face the stage. then back air him. and Peach can come back to the stage no problem cause you still have your second jump to float then up-B back to safety.

And their combat speed is nearly the same. Peach got faster so you can take advantage of her speed with quick thinking.

Learn what Marth looks for in this match up. common habits Peach players have Marths will look for it and try to punish.

- dont roll alot.

- Don't always Turnip to FC>Fair.

- Dont Dsmash everytime you flinch or get scared.

- dont dash attack alot. get some grabs in there, cant stress that enough. Then Mix and Match your grabs with Dash attacks. and vice versa.

- Think ahead. Be aware of what Marth is abusing that you do. think clearly when your close to him. Dont spam the same stuff over and over.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Emblem lord:

"Also saying Peach loses to Marth, is just another way of saying she is at disadvantage. I'm not saying she can't win.

Also player skill and personal experience is the worst thing to bring up in match-up analysis unless you ar at the pinnacle of skill or close to it. It is always assumed that both players will be at or close to the height of the metagame and virtually equal in skill.

Ok, let's look at what you said. Ummm, not going to comment on Dedede, except to say that he is a beast. *shrug

Let's look at what you said about Marth.

Brawl isn't about combos, so Marth's lack of combos isn't a valid reason as to why it's a better match-up. Peach loss combos too remember? His recovery is pretty much the same. Not good or bad just average. Shieldbreaker makes up for the loss of repeated dancing blade recovery.

Anyway. alot of the stuff you said can be summed up well. You said she needs to play smart and not be a *******, correct?

Marth can do that too. You didn't post how Peach controls the match or how she has advantage over him though which is what you said before. Actually from the way you posted about how Peach constantly has to watch out for his sword and play a reaction game, it SOUNDS like you are conceding that MARTH controls the match, which would mean that he has advantage.

Also, why the hell is Peach trying to approach Marth anyway? You have Peach as the one who is appoaching in your examples. Why? Peach should be camping. not approaching.

Also I will call false on some of your examples. If Peach Dairs Marth's shield she will eat up b all day. Dolphin slash is 1 frame start-up and is invincible the first 5 frames.

Allow me to ask this question.

How does Peach have advantage over a character that is superior to her?

Marth is faster, stronger, has more range, with more knockback. He has better tilts, better aerials and better smashes overall. He also has the most kill options out of every character in the game and can kill as low as the 80's. All she has over him is turnips.

Marth sucks vs projectiles? How so? You never explained it. Doesn't matter though since it's false. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many ways to deal with projectiles, especially item projectiles like turnips. Roll, dash into shield, spot dodge, SH to airdodge then buffer any action from the airdodge. Attacking when the turnip is in your general vicinity allows you to grab it while attacking. Also airdodging when it's near you nets the same results. He can still jab turnips and perfectshielding them causes them to dissappear and it's very easy to perfectshield in Brawl.

You didn't talk about who has more options, who has better defensive options, who has the better out of shield game, who racks up damage better, who can pressure better, who can kill better, who is safer overall, who has more priority.

Marth has all of these things over Peach."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dark.Pch:

" Also saying Peach loses to Marth, is just another way of saying she is at disadvantage. I'm not saying she can't win."

No it's not the same as saying she is at a disadvantage. One character could be another. Don't mean automaticlly they are at a disadvantage. Pikachu Could Beat Marth. Does not mean he has the advantage just cause he can win?

"Also player skill and personal experience is the worst thing to bring up in match-up analysis unless you ar at the pinnacle of skill or close to it. It is always assumed that both players will be at or close to the height of the metagame and virtually equal in skill."

I dont see how that that is the worst thing to bring up. Both players can know the match up and have their own personal way of thinking and playing at equal skill. But its not always equal in skill. I am stating match ups as when both players know what they are doing and know the match up.

"Brawl isn't about combos, so Marth's lack of combos isn't a valid reason as to why it's a better match-up. Peach loss combos too remember? His recovery is pretty much the same. Not good or bad just average. Shieldbreaker makes up for the loss of repeated dancing blade recovery."

I'm saying without the combos and the 0-death stuff he had on Peach, its less of a struggle when fighting him. Also while his Shieldbreaker gives him distance, those seconds he has to charge it, it leaves him to be a sitting duck. And if he lets it good too soon, he wont go anywhere

"Anyway. alot of the stuff you said can be summed up well. You said she needs to play smart and not be a *******, correct?

Marth can do that too. You didn't post how Peach controls the match or how she has advantage over him though which is what you said before. Actually from the way you posted about how Peach constantly has to watch out for his sword and play a reaction game, it SOUNDS like you are conceding that MARTH controls the match, which would mean that he has advantage."

Peach can attack him from distance with turnips. She does not have to get close to deal Damage to Marth. While Marth has to get close. Marth has More Range that Peach Up close....a sword. So it be stupid to rush and and such with poor spacing. Thats why I keep my distance and space against him. Same with Roy In Melee. I dont rush him. he has a sword so I cant just rush in at him. Even tough Peach destroys roy. So watching out for his sword and looking for his reaction game does not mean he controls the match 24/7

"Also, why the hell is Peach trying to approach Marth anyway? You have Peach as the one who is appoaching in your examples. Why? Peach should be camping. not approaching."

Cause some Marths dont always go to you? If you always worry about the player going to you, what if you meet one who does not go to you all the time. You would need to learn how to approach one. expect anything.

Also I will call false on some of your examples. If Peach Dairs Marth's shield she will eat up b all day. Dolphin slash is 1 frame start-up and is invincible the first 5 frames.

Ok, what if your shield is not full? Your gonna eat a Dair. and her 4th kick has knock back. Pay attention to the shield, Know what will eat through it and know what your enemy can do out of it. Its all about understanding and straight common sense.

"How does Peach have advantage over a character that is superior to her?

Marth is faster, stronger, has more range, with more knockback. He has better tilts, better aerials and better smashes overall. He also has the most kill options out of every character in the game and can kill as low as the 80's. All she has over him is turnips.

The turnips was the advantage I was talking about.

Marth sucks vs projectiles? How so? You never explained it. Doesn't matter though since it's false. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many ways to deal with projectiles, especially item projectiles like turnips. Roll, dash into shield, spot dodge, SH to airdodge then buffer any action from the airdodge. Attacking when the turnip is in your general vicinity allows you to grab it while attacking. Also airdodging when it's near you nets the same results. He can still jab turnips and perfectshielding them causes them to dissappear and it's very easy to perfectshield in Brawl.

He can swat them all he wants. I already went through this one.

"You didn't talk about who has more options, who has better defensive options, who has the better out of shield game, who racks up damage better, who can pressure better, who can kill better, who is safer overall, who has more priority.

Marth has all of these things over Peach."

Well for defense options I'll explain mines and you state yours. She can attack out the shield with her turnips. And use the Glide toss to get near as well. Also she has the turnip pillar that can be used defensive. Her floating out the shield for a quick attack or retreat while attacking as also another way of defense. And may not mean much but.....toad if you know Marth while come at you with Fairs or F-B.

Her Dair is good for pressure and can lead to lots of things.

Also Peach is one of the characters that can edgeguard him well and even gimp him with one.

Emblem Lord:

"Turnips aren't that good. And Marth surpasses her in all areas except recovery.

You can't dispute that Marth is the better character. It's impossible. He is just better and he has all the tools to give him advantgae in the match-up. How are turnips anymore of a pain to deal with in Brawl then they were in Melee especially since turnips got worse overall? Glide toss is nice, but it's really just a nice little spacing trick/surprise move and it certianly doesn't make up for weaknesses. You went voer that Marth can swat turnips, but I found it interesting that you ignored the other things I said. I guess you figured since you can't refute it, why go into it. Which is fine, since it honestly can't be refuted.

Turnips are among the easiest projectiles to deal wti hand even though Peach has some nice tricks and set-ups as a character she doesn't have what it takes to stand on even gorund with Marth let alone hold advantage over him in the match-up.

Marth's options out of shield are Dancing Blade which does anywhere between 16% to 21% and all 4 attacks regenerate his other moves. DB comes out in 4 frames. Dolphin Slash is another one. Comes out on frame 1 and is invincible for 5 frames. Hits on frame 5 and can kill at higher percents. Any of his smashes out of shield are good and they all kill well. Tipper f-smash kills around 80%. U-smash has a suction effect that tends to throw people into the sweet-spot and kills well now. Also fair out of shield to be more defensive and safe. I mean Dancing Blade, Dolphin Slash and U-smash out of shield are better then anything Peach has out of shield.

Also Peaches Dair leads to nothing. It knocks them away on the last hit.

So.......there we have it."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------]

Dark.Pch:

"My main point was that peach can beat Marth. The way I seen you towards me before was not a good one. so I assumed that you were just trying to be funny or something. I think its quiet obvious that Marth is the better character.

Oh and Yes, Her down air leads to things. Its all about using your head. What part of her Dair sends her enemies flying? Her 4th kick. So what can you do? Do your dair and land before the 4th Kick comes out. Then you can grab, Utilt, upsmash, dsmash, etc. I do it alot and it works. its all about thinking bro."

With all of this I played you at montage and you had a 2 stock lead. I nearly got three stocked. But pulled through and caught up to bring the game down to high damage one stock each. But clapped me with a Fair FTW. If all this and that match it does not even come down to that insane rating of Neos. Sorry but no dude. I don't care if he is Neo and what he says people will follow cause he is up there. This match up is not like that at all.

Try me Emblem lord. I am ready to counter anything you throw at me. Marth has the advantage but it is 60-40 Marth.

Niko_K

Smash Master
tldr, though I know you're wrong.

Emblem Lord is a pretty cool guy. He knows about his matchups and doesn't afraid of Dark.Pch.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Dark.Pch - Come on, can't you do better?

First off why are you quoting old post that have no relevance. It makes you look silly.

The first line was back when the game first came out and we debated. Alot of what you quoted is just irrelevant too.

So what if Marth has less range then his Melee incarnation. This is Brawl. Why bring up nerfs that don't effect his match-ups in a new game? Marth sucks vs projectiles? Nope not really. He has more then enough options to contend with them.

Since you quoted old stuff you just made it alot easier for me to pick you apart.

Are you sure you want those quotes to make up your argument?

An even better question would be are you sure you want to quote a debate where I clearly proved my point and took apart your arguments?

You didn't exactly make Peach look good back in that debate. lol.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Dark.Pch - Come on can't you do better.

First off why are you qouting old post that have no relevance. It makes you look silly.

The first line was back when the game first came out and we debated. Alot of what you quoted is just irrelevant too.

So what if Marth has less range then his melee incarnation. This is Brawl. Why bring up nerfs that don't effect his match-ups in a new game? Marth sucks vs projectiles? Nope not really. He has more then enough options to contend with them.

Since you quoted old stuff you just made it alot easier for me to pick you apart.

Are you sure you want those quotes to make up your argument?
Actually those qoutes are good for one reason. It explains how Peach deals with Marths crap. How Peach can should handle herself in the match. AndThis is still all facts till this day of mine. I have beaten D1's Marth in tournaments, and he has a good Marth. Played NinjaLinks Marth once about 2 months ago and it went down to the wire but he got the last hit, and I also played you. all this does not add up to 90-10. Sanke and Meta are not even that bad. But Marth is 90/10 or 80-20? Sorry but No.

As I said, throw any situation at me and watch me tell you how Peach should deal with it.

darkspatan117

Smash Journeyman
ELI know it off topic but I want to choose between DK or Bowser they look almost the same

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Also people. Note this is not a fight here. You want to talk about this match up so thats what is going on here. Simple debating and discussion. Emblem Lord is cool peoples and a great Marth. I have respect for the dude. And is not an azzhat like most people around here.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
D1 and NL don't main Marth or know him like I know him.

And you proved nothing in those quotes since I tore down most of your points.

Instead of posting things from a situational point of view, try being more analytical.

Let me ask you this.

If the match-up isn't 80/20 or worse, how was I able to beat you when you were only the second Peach I ever played. I only played Slikvik's Peach, once before that.

You were very close to being 3 stocked as I recall, but you were able to get in a kill when I was at high percent and then next stock I died at a low percent and then I took your last stock.

How could I beat you, someone who already had Marth experience and I had no Peach experience and the match isn't 80/20 or worse?

It stands to reason that, had I enough Peach experience I would have most likely 3 stocked you or at least 2 stocked you.

I normally don't bring up matches between opponents, but since you did, I figured I would too.

3xSwords

Smash Lord
^does same as Steel

EL, here's a pro tip: start with 100-0 Marth and work your way down if you have too :chuckle:

And Dark Peach I don't think you should speak from experience as a way of proving your point, because EL will just ignore it.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Eblmem Lords Post:

"D1 and NL don't main Marth or know him like I know him."

You don't have to main a character to be good with them. Look at Azen. Nuff said

"And you proved nothing in those quotes since I tore down most of your points."

You tore up about how Marth has the advantage on Peach. Once again you are not getting it. The quotes where I posted was me explaining how Peach can/should handle Marth.

Instead of posting things from a situational point of view, try being more analytical.

"Let me ask you this.
If the match-up isn 80/20 or worse, how was I able to beat you when you were only the second Peach I ever played. I only played Slikvik's Peach, once before that.

You were very close to being 3 stocked as I recall, but you were able to get in a kill when I was at high percent and then next stock I died at a low percent and then I took your last stock.

How could I beat you, who already had Marth experience and I had no Peach experience and the match isn't 80/20 or worse.

It stands to reason that, had I enough Peach experience I would have most likely 3 stocked you or at least 2 stocked you.

I normally don't bring up matches between opponents, but since you did, I figured I would too.
"

Because you have a Good Marth. Have I not told you this before. Even when you said you was not and such on allisbrawl. If one is good I won't BS them. Also you forget Icaught up, Got you down to your last stock, high damage. and you even said so yourself I could have won it. with that being said.......that rating is bull bro. And once again, you have the advantage over me. But by that much from how our match went? and me beating D1's Marth in tourny. I don't think so.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Let me bring up something else. After our match you said that when we played you felt like Marth could shut down Peach at close range. You said, "I can't do anything when I'm pinned down by him. I can't roll either".

I take this as an admission that Marth shuts down Peaches options when he zones her.

Also whether I'm a good Marth or not, I should not have been able to beat you are or even gain a substantial lead when I had no experience in the match-up and you did.

There is only one logical explanation for such an occurrence.

That the match-up heavily favors Marth. Which would mean it's 80/20 or worse.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Let me bring up something else. After our match you said that when we played you felt like Marth could shut down Peach at close range. You said, "I can't do anything when I'm pinned down by him. I can't roll either".

I take this as an admission that Marth shuts down Peaches options when he zones her.

Also whether I'm a good Marth or not, I should not have been able to beat you are or even gain a substantial lead when I had no experience in the math-up and you did.

There is only one logical explanation for such an occurrence.

That the match-up heavily favors Marth. Which would mean it's 80/20 or worse.
First Paragraph: Thats right I did say that. When Marth has Peach in a corner and is spaceing himself, it is hard to deal with that. Only thing I have for that now Is time an attack on you to ether brake you away from me or a tleast trade hits. If I have a turnip in my hand or can at least get one, then I can use that for a set up to break away. it is not impossible to get out of there. But that is a situation Peach rather not be in.

Second: Yep, you got it. But it is not impossible as I said to break free. I have done it before to get out of there. But its still risky and hard.

Third: You are a good Marth and you have character advantage. Me knowing the match up fully does not take away the fact that you have an advantage over me. 2 players of good or equal skill play. Player A has the advantage over player B. Who would with. Ratio shows player A is most likely to win the fight.

Fourth and fifth: It still does not man. You are not giving me anything worth making this fight nearly impossible.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Let me take a moment to commend you Dark.Pch. You could have easily denied that you said that statement for the sake of making Peach look better. You did not do this though. Instead you freely admitted that you said what I posted.

You are a man of honor.

For this..I must honor you as well...by crushing you wholly and completely in this debate.

I need say no more. By your own admission, Marth can shut down Peaches options. Something that Peach can't do to Marth. I was able to gain a huge lead on a player with more experience then me because the match heavily favors Marth. If this was not the case surely you would have come back on me or the match would have been much closer at least.

Nothing more need be said it would seem.

80/20 Marth's favor.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Let me take a moment to commend you Dark.Pch. You could have easily denied that you said that statement for the sake of making Peach look better. You did not do this though. Instead you freely admitted that you said what I posted.

You are a man of honor.

For this..I must honor you as well...by crushing you wholly and completely in this debate.

I need say no more. By your own admission, Marth can shut down Peaches options. Something that Peach can't do to Marth. I was able to gain a huge lead on a player with more experience then me because the match heavily favors Marth. If this was not the case surely you would have come back on me or the match would have been much closer at least.

Nothing more need be said it would seem.

80/20 Marth's favor.

Oh no no no no no. Sorry but you can not say that because of one thing. Peach being cornered by Marth is something Peach would want to happen. But that does not mean it is game. You tend to forget that Peach can put the pressure on Marth. Mostly when she is edge guarding him.

And Emblem lord. you was about to three stock me. I came back, tied up the stocks to 1 and at high damage. Does that sound like an impossible fight. And you even said I could have won it. But you clapped me with a Fair off the stage. That surley does not sound like an impossible fight to me dude. I should have not caught up like that and nearly took my win.

For a man as yourself that knows Marth inside and out and agrees with Neo, facing a Peach as myself that knows Peach inside and out, and me nearly getting three stocked but make my comeback and nearly win it? Sorry bro, 60-40 Marths favor.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
One could reason that the only reason you caught up is due to my inexperience in the match-up.

Either way though, I had no business getting that much of a lead or even beating you, which certainly shows at the very least that Marth has a pretty good advantage on Peach.

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Wherever you want me to be... If you're female.
Er I kind of skipped half the conversation as it was dizzying my eyes XD so sorry if this is repeat...

but er marth does outrange peach and all... but we can keep him at bay with a combonation of turnips and aerials.... he is relatively easy to gimp to me anyway, however he can kill peach at low percents...

I'm not saying turnips and aerials is all its going to take...but from my memory of peach vs marth matches between 2 good players I have yet to see a blowout....

Marth has advantage...def.... peach can still compete however.... dark pch take over my point because I am lousy at proving myself.... Oh and hi marth'ers... i dont think you know who i am!! how do you like my name

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
One could reason that the only reason you caught up is due to my inexperience in the match-up.

Either way though, I had no business getting that much of a lead or even beating you, which certainly shows at the very least that Marth has a pretty good advantage on Peach.
If you was in-experienced, you should have not got that lead like that. But why did the match go the way it did? Once again I will tell you, you are a good Marth (+1) and you have character advantage over me (+1). I said many times Before Marth has the advantage over Peach. But by that much? Nope. I dont care what Marth comes in here saying that. This fight is not that bad for Peach.

So based on that win, or how the fight went in general (Pick one) You are gonna say the fight is nearly impossible? If I recall, you said the fight was 70-30 Marth. But after what neo said.....it is now 90-10 or 80-20?. Hmm...I wonder if M2K said bowser was the best character in the game would people believe it. And M2K being serious at that.

It seems that people don't ever think for themselves. They always go what high ranked players say. Or are bais cause they main the character.

Now I am not saying it is like this with you. But I for one don't go by what people say. Cause guess what, no matter how good you are. You are not perfect. so I won't ride off of someone cause they are high ranked. I think for myself and play by my own terms. I worship no one.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Ok, I have had my fun.

Of course I don't really think that Marth has that much of an advantage.

I was just bored due to the large influx of noobs lately and because of the lack of real discussion in the Marth forums lately. I decided to start a little drama for fun and to spice things up.

I mean really, using my own match-up experience to debate isn't my style at all. As for that one match between Dark.Pch and I...well that should be completely disregarded. It was one match. It means nothing and proves nothing. Match-ups are about stats and raw data. Not personal experience. That's my match-up philosophy. Always has been and it always will be.

Now let's get some real discussion going. I'll post my actual thoughts later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom