• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth totally has awesome hair.

TKD+ITA+Mar=

Smash Ace
Probably not. You are from WC and me from EC. The lag would be unbearable. Plus I rarely play vBrawl anymore. It reminds me of...

dthrow chaingrabs.
It was someone from Georgia who played Marth and Toon Link and who had a tag that was "iJohn" so I just assumed it was you, but whatever.

I want to get Brawl+ but procrastination has gotten the better of me.

Cloudstealth

Smash Journeyman
So who's going to be the first to use this in tourney? The Grab Release Spike is amazing, I'm already practicing this on bots so i get the timing down. Thank you for discovering this, because most MKs are just DIing up to live from the Grab release Fair.

Cloudstealth

Smash Journeyman
@cloud

did you not read my post?

JaMeS did it to me in tourney.... and won the match with an EASY stock advantage over me.
My bad, and despite my smashboards name, I'm Chaz. This spike is amazing though, I think I'll be using it to beat Seibrik in tournament from now on.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
For those who are trying to practice, a good way to tell if you at least did (in my opinion) the hardest part right, is if you still have your jump... you're doing it wrong.

Inle~Orichas

Smash Journeyman
I'm awestruck that something that I thought had little application on stages like YI and Lylat Cruise (very indirectly) led to this thread concerning the awesomeness of Marth's hair.

Great title btw.

The Marth

Smash Apprentice
I'm awestruck that something that I thought had little application on stages like YI and Lylat Cruise (very indirectly) led to this thread concerning the awesomeness of Marth's hair.

Great title btw.
Lol I wish I had his hair... Orichas thanks for the idea I bet it helped a lot of people out

:bigthumbu

Inle~Orichas

Smash Journeyman
Thanks, but full credit goes to Shaya, who tested it with the frame by frame method, to see if it was feasible, and also came up with the flat stage method. Plus Havokk had the humility to admit how he was killed by this very combo which caused Shaya to investigate even further. I'm more or less the person who sneezed and caused an avalanche*.

*(lol at bad analogy)

GPEternity

Smash Journeyman
marth has a frame disadvantage whenever he stops after DB1. it will work as a surprise when your opponent doesn't expect it and doesn't do anything or does something too slow. if your opponent likes to spam buttons when getting DB'd odds are you will get hit.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
PROTIP:

USE TAP JUMP TO DO THE MIDAIR JUMP.

Lots of MK's like to use Shuttle Loop to own you in the face if you mess up a grab release trick off stage. In case you do, if you use tap jump, you can continue holding up, and you'll DI extremely well, eating very minimal damage.

OmegaXF

Smash Ace
So who's going to be the first to use this in tourney? The Grab Release Spike is amazing, I'm already practicing this on bots so i get the timing down. Thank you for discovering this, because most MKs are just DIing up to live from the Grab release Fair.
Answering the question me. Second I'm mad that your avatar is a pic of Cloud from FFT. Third this thread is full of SEX! And last I have a reason to hook up the Wii as the PSP needs a rest now!!
last last I'm mad that the names now have differnt colors as I just woke up so I thought something was wrong with my computer.
And Last Last Last!!! I'm extremely pissed at the fact that I tried to Rate,Comment and Fav the video at the exact same time that Youtube is doing their maintanece test on the ****ing site! Ahhhh I ain't practing till tomorow! I'm hurt!
:(

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
^This. I though being arrested at my friends house for being a burglary suspect yesterday had done some irreparable damage to my brain causing the colors of peoples names to become a neon green color. I can see now that i am quite sane and people have decided to play some kind of cruel inside joke on poor ignorant casual marth board browsers.

P.S. I'm not making this up. I did get arrested at my friends house (LONG story). Typical racial profiling bit and all that good stuff. >.>

OmegaXF

Smash Ace
Backlashed getting ****ed up?? Wow I've been missing out.....lol
Good news though. I saw WrestleMania today! God it was great.

Inle~Orichas

Smash Journeyman
Seeing as this is the Thread for discussing possible grab release follow ups on a certain SS tier character (or at least it seems like it), I'd like to bring back an old theory that Shaya and I slightly discussed about the frame possibilities of using the slope on areas such as Yoshi's Island, Lylat, etc... to assist the Grab Release combo for Marth.

Shaya initially thought that I meant that we could use a tipper D-air on stage with the slope assisting it. If a tipper D-air is possibly an inescapable combo on stage, I have only one question:

What else? (U-air, DB, I have no idea where this might lead...)

The Marth

Smash Apprentice
Well, couldn't anything work on those stages? Like maybe F-smash, Fair, or am I wrong.

Nightshine

Smash Journeyman
Are we talking about grab releasing them so they go off the stage or would they still be over the stage?

If on stage you could possibly Hyphen smash, Fsmash, fair, nair, uair? If the stage has low ceiling I'd go for Hyphen Smash :bee:

Inle~Orichas

Smash Journeyman
Over the stage.

Anyone who's not sure what Yoshi's Island has to do with a grab release, consider that if you begin the grab on lower ground then move to higher ground, MK will still be aiming to land on Lower Ground, but because you will be higher up, you'll have more options because you'll be moving upwards and sideways at the same time.

Shisui

Smash Rookie
does marth have a grab release chain grab to set up positioning for the grab release dair spike?

it works on the cpu's but i'm not comfortable with cpu results

Doomblaze

Smash Journeyman
He does but the meta has like 5 frames to buffer an air dodge which messes it up. Im not sure what the exact number is but our timing is stricter than his.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Learning to do this can be very important to your game, against all characters.

LEDGE CANCELLED JUMPS (or 'hairing' [lol]), the process of cutting your jump's start up lag etc, can be used to allow you to forward throw to spike just about EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER IN THE GAME.

While Marth can fthrow to spike a lot of characters, your opponent jumping nullifies it. Ledge cancelled jumping it lets it happen.

PRACTICE KIDS

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!

LEDGE CANCELLED JUMPS (or 'hairing' [lol]), the process of cutting your jump's start up lag etc, can be used to allow you to forward throw to spike just about EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER IN THE GAME.

While Marth can fthrow to spike a lot of characters, your opponent jumping nullifies it. Ledge cancelled jumping it lets it happen.

PRACTICE KIDS
I have a feeling ima be learning quite a bit today.

SKy Angel

Smash Apprentice
Oh this made me feel... I don't think words and describe. A simple slap on the wrist. For meta knight. Really this is good stuff. Bravo! - Claps hands.- : D

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691

PRACTICE KIDS
Are you serious can we get some vids of this with out the commentary though unless it's the guy who commented from your match with tcanter:laugh:. Anyway how can this be applied and at what percentages?

Goose troll moar?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Diddy has pretty ugly hair... it's not blue.

Also, I'm referring to the forward throws you do at 0% or so. The ones that I've told you guys have SUPAR hitstun.

Videos? Imagination works too.
BE CLOSER TO THE LEDGE, FTHROW, DASH, <insert what happens in the vid in the first post after I've dashed to the edge>.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Diddy has pretty ugly hair... it's not blue.

Also, I'm referring to the forward throws you do at 0% or so. The ones that I've told you guys have SUPAR hitstun.

Videos? Imagination works too.
BE CLOSER TO THE LEDGE, FTHROW, DASH, <insert what happens in the vid in the first post after I've dashed to the edge>.
Oh I thought it worked on like any percentages. Fthrow to dair isn't new.

Top Bottom