• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

marth can travel from one side of samshville to the other - under the stage :D

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
prolly known, but still awesome

just stand on the platform wich goes from left to right, then right as it floats over one end of the stage, jump up (so there is no backwards or forwards DI, so that you fall straight down) then charge a neutral be and wait till it is fully charged, so you go forward, then second jump and aim your up b at the ledge on the other side of the stage then where you started.

very simple, quite useless (maube for mindgames? although chances are high you'll get edge hogged if the opponents knows what you are trying) but still awesome:laugh:

This also works on battlefield, FD, Lylat cruise, halbert and delfino plaza. although one has to use a DB1 after the second jump (as demonstrated in the vid below posted by villi)
one must start their full hop on the platform closest to the ledge on each stage, you'll know wich one I mean:)

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
I don't know. Marth is pretty light for his size. If you could DI upward and do this if they opponent is trying to guard and get to the other side unscathed, it would be a pretty good mindgame...

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
sick vid! wouldn't have guessed it works on FD too

I just found out it also works on battle field :D ( you must start your full hop at one of the outer platforms then fully charged neutral b>second jump>DB1>Dolphin slash aimed at the edge of the stage at the other side)
it works on all stages I've tested (lylat cruise, battle field, halbert and smashville)
:D

Freezewish

Smash Ace
This is pretty sick.
I see no way this could be useful at all in a match though.

A smart person will figure out what your doing when your under the stage and proceed to edgeguard. So this is useless for mindgames.

Still cool though. Makes me wanna learn this just to show off:chuckle:

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
This is cool, but useless. If anything it will just give your opponent time to set up for a ledge trap.

Jibbles

Smash Apprentice
I just found out it also works on battle field :D ( you must start your full hop at one of the outer platforms then fully charged neutral b>second jump>DB1>Dolphin slash aimed at the edge of the stage at the other side)
Correction: You actually don't need to use DB1 to cross Battlefield.

IDK

Smash Lord
not new, not useful, not a big deal for any character, unless you can glide and/or are pit. its only used to prevent edgehogs/gimps while recovering. people just glide then go under the stage. If you're pit, don't do it against anyone with straight long distance projectiles though.
I'm not flaming though. Nice try I guess.

Mazaloth

Smash Ace
Please, stop this thread.
It is useless and cannot help Marth's metagame.
Post this in the Brawl discussion not here.
Thanks.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
It doesn't matter for the Brawl metagame, but that doesn't neutralize the novelty factor of it, so let's not flame the thread please.

Did you know, Marth can actually go from one ledge to the other in Smashville WITHOUT using ShieldBreaker?

It's very tricky though.

Freezewish

Smash Ace
It doesn't matter for the Brawl metagame, but that doesn't neutralize the novelty factor of it, so let's not flame the thread please.

Did you know, Marth can actually go from one ledge to the other in Smashville WITHOUT using ShieldBreaker?

It's very tricky though.
Very interesting. Would like to see vids of this.

Im still wondering how this is possible without shieldbreaker though.:confused:

Qckpy01

Smash Apprentice

It's very tricky though.
By himself without glitches? Vids please. Or details at least.......
It's like you left a cliffhanger. :laugh:

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Interesting. Essentially useless, but interesting.

I think I'm going to go practice this and add it to my useless smash talents.

Also, there are a lot of characters that can go under Smashville...

Top Bottom