• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Boards: General Discussion

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
i cant believe that **** was 117, that seems like it's a national turn out level already lol

was it just regional?

and why was it pretty huge? ( just curious )

and falco racks up damage alot faster on mario than vice versa and just gets away with alot of things with his safe moves

preferably l would just make sure you get the first juggle on him when he respawns, tho the matchup is just annoying

rather have pocket ics, lol
Well I don't even think it was supposed to be a regional at first, then hype started and tons of people showed up. It was the 2nd biggest MW tournament for Brawl ever, right after MLG.

Calebyte

Smash Lord
SiiS3 was fun. I actually won a set, making this the first tourney in a long time that I didn't finish dead last. Of course, I still didn't make the pool cutoff. I wish I wasn't so bad.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
SiiS3 was fun. I actually won a set, making this the first tourney in a long time that I didn't finish dead last. Of course, I still didn't make the pool cutoff. I wish I wasn't so bad.
Don't worry about it so much. My last tourney I was at, I lost to a Yoshi (really close games, but I SD'd game 3) and then to a ranked player (pretty close games, but lost 1-2) and got last. But sometimes you know you're improving. For example, in one of my games vs. Swordgard at Apex, I got close to beating him and got a lot of hype. I also made it out of first round of pools there which was my goal at Apex. I felt very happy with myself, but then got destroyed in 2nd round pools. I got 1 game off someone only because he SD'd. It showed me that I'm getting better, but I still have more to go. You gotta stay motivated and confident.

Calebyte

Smash Lord
Thanks Inferno! Yeah, I know I'm getting better. I didn't get ***** in any of my pools matches (except for getting JV'd game 2 vs Links24, that guy is insanely good). I'm definitely better than where I was a few months ago. It's just frustrating that all I have to show for my improvement are a bunch of almost-wins and a few low-profile wins. Sorry, I'm not meaning to pout about it. I'm not about to give up, especially after watching Xero get 25th. He gives me hope that Mario can still be wielded to deadly affect!!

vato_break

Smash Master
well of course it's easy to place high in a sucky region and getting lucky probably too. Haha just kidding! good **** Xero! keep it up.

There's one mario main that makes me want to still play mario and thats Flameleon, willing to bet he's the best mario and i'm willing to bet if he went to tournaments in TX he would get ranked.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
<==3 first day of college, ***** me, good bye smash won't be playing as much as before and maybe posting wise too

<===3 i like chicken and im lazy to enter singles

<======3 Xero ur gey, win a MW tourney for me then make a "fund raising for hippie's children to go to MW national tourney kk"

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
I've honestly been thinking about Pound 5... I'll see what I can do. If I can run into money by then I will definitely go!

And okay, Hippy! If I win a MW tourney I will totally fund you coming over here sometime! :p

SKidd

Smash Master
SELENA GOMEZ

also here's what you do:
Drop Mario
Drop Brawl
Get good at Melee
Win Pound 5

clowsui

Smash Legend
You know A2, I never really asked for matchup ratios. I know that they're even. :/ But thanks anyway.

But telling me to powershield Bairs isn't going to make me any better at the matchup either >_>, I guess I'll just run the matchup more later or something. I took at game off of Y.b.M. anyway so honestly I shouldn't even say I'm that bad at it.

But somebody tell me how2falco. I'm only interested in the onstage game. (Mostly ground, really). I have a really strong ground game that just doesn't work against Falco. It was annoying, and Up-Bing as my primary source of damage is fun and all but I'd like to do some other sexy tricks too. I'll probably just try spacing Bairs and Capes next time... yeah, that sounds like it could work. Maybe. (Forward Air!)
(smirk)

didja have some trouble 'gainst me?

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
I stopped taking Smash seriously a while ago... and I just keep improving. I only play the game on a bi-weekly basis now, at best. AND I KEEP GETTING BETTER?! Stupid logic. (I need to work on my bad matchups though...)

Oh yeah, I have Ike problems because I like to do close combat and his jab ****s me up, I guess I should just play differently against certain characters but I really don't want to.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
I stopped taking Smash seriously a while ago... and I just keep improving. I only play the game on a bi-weekly basis now, at best. AND I KEEP GETTING BETTER?! Stupid logic. (I need to work on my bad matchups though...)

Oh yeah, I have Ike problems because I like to do close combat and his jab ****s me up, I guess I should just play differently against certain characters but I really don't want to.
Everything xero just said. I love doing mario's boxing jab cancel then mix it up with
an f-smash, we all know that mario's jab gives knock back which gives enough space
to sweet spot the f-smash. :flame:

NNID
LilG912

I luv playing Ikes, his jabs ***** our fireballs. U gotta be careful when you step up to him in close combat, just wait for the right moment to appraoch up close and put up him in the air. Spaced sweet spot Stutter f smash ftw.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
Isn't Flameleon only a wifi player? He should try to go to MLG Dallas. And after that, get a plane ticket to Pound 5 (which all of you guys better go to).
Going to #####.

What's really good?

< going to be wifi player until I die.

< is in job testing to see if the boss wants to hire me, it's a weekly pay job..

< starting not to take Smash seriously.

< might move on to do other things.
Stop with that wii-fail and come up to Atlanta for Siege or AWA. :mad:

Calebyte

Smash Lord
< Is graduated from college and working a full time job as a graphic designer.

< Still improving, but doesn't play enough wifi.

< Doesn't have a lot of time to play Smash, but playing as much as possible.

< Mario main for life.

Matt07

Smash Master
Calebyte your a Graphic Designer, awesome. In school for 3 years (including this year) for Animation.

And I'd be a bit more serious into Smash if I had some people who played here, but...

And I've been playing a lot of Starcraft II.

Top Bottom