• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Boards: General Discussion

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
Find anything that worked reasonably well against him? Aside from the gimps, were you pretty close?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
can someone post a good vid of mario in brawl minus
I might. Hopefully. I believe I know Brawl- Mario's tricks better than the average person. Although now Vato knows my secrets and probably will beat me to ****** with them.

Veggi

Smash Champion
Find anything that worked reasonably well against him? Aside from the gimps, were you pretty close?
Yeah, when I ran up to him while he was in the air he would air dodge a lot, plus he would air dodge after a down throw a lot. I noticed that after MK's dthrow at 0% there's nothing Mario can do against MK's up air>up air>upair. I tried nair'ing out (frame 3) and it didn't do anything. It was like a disgusting 40% or so. He also glided toward me from off stage when I had a fresh stock. (after invincibility obv.)

We had it without a timer or stocks, so we just played until someone else wanted in or something. It wasn't close, I just felt like I didn't do too bad.

Actually Mario's Up-b works really well against M2K. That and killing him with Dsmash at 90%.
I used up b when he was gliding toward me because he uses glide attack laglessly and it can't be punished. Because it can't be punished I would normally try to up b him out of his glide and tack on a couple % to him because I really don't think Mario has a better option against glide attack. Other than that I would mash up b whenever I was about to be stuck in a trap and hope for the best. Also, I would up b him when he dair'd above me sometimes. Honestly, I overused up b in situations where the hit wasn't guaranteed and got punished for it a lot. It was pretty dumb of me to use it in situations where it wasn't extremely likely to hit.

JUDGE

Smash Lord
@Juushichi
yeah i know you^^
i even remember the first day you came to the marioboards ;)
nice to meet you^^

@coolwhip
you are new here right? :)
nice to meet you man

hero is a rob main????

NNID
LilG912
heey mario boards how is it going?^^
its sooo great to see how the mario boards improved since i left, to see old faces and new ones *__*
lil'G has over 1000 posts already,A2 Became a smash researcher,fire is even more active thatn before.<3
i love you guys^^
but what happened straked/:mad:, kirin,matt07,box7, hero, skyler and the others?
Welcome back, mang.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
My Mario >>>> Inferno's.

Trufax. I don't troll.
A little uncalled for but its not worth getting angry over. I'm more mad at my sprained ankle :(

Brawl minus mario is way too much fun. Everyone here should get brawl minus!
You talk about Brawl- so much. I'm sad because everyone should already be playing it.

Nothing works against Jason....yet
Except for ADHD, DEHF, Brood, and Ally(?).

i liked mario party 4 because of waluigi
Waluigi is in Mario Party 3.

Famous

Smash Champion
Rofl, I mean't character wise....Also, He's beaten those people and has won way more National tourneys than them....M2K=Most consistent player imo...

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Bout to starting playing this game srsly...with the practice n such. Prolly gonna buy a Wii soon too....

So imma be up in dis bish moar often ^_^

Yayyyy

makoforce

Smash Ace
A little uncalled for but its not worth getting angry over. I'm more mad at my sprained ankle :(

You talk about Brawl- so much. I'm sad because everyone should already be playing it.

Except for ADHD, DEHF, Brood, and Ally(?).

Waluigi is in Mario Party 3.
Ally doesnt even get close to working anymore

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
It's Metaknight with Fireballs. He's even able to Tornado gimp...Whoops, not explaining anymore.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Bout to starting playing this game srsly...with the practice n such. Prolly gonna buy a Wii soon too....

So imma be up in dis bish moar often ^_^

Yayyyy
cutie where u been son?? thoought u died

so i was gonna enter this mk banned tourney

then i started playing melee friendlies

then i got lazy to sign up for singles

then i stayed at my melee tv xDDd

raaaape.

kirin needs to work on falco mu =( mario vs falco is too gey lol

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
I can't do the Falco matchup either, it's dumb. I don't like it, I can't spam Up-B as much as I would like to...

Seriously, stupid matchup. And Sheik too. And Kirby (although I did really well against Y.b.M. this weekend)

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
vs Kirby is even. Vs Sheik is slight Sheik advantage.

against Kirby, the main annoying thing about the matchup is powershielding (his B-air) is a little important in that matchup.

Sheik would probably win against Mario more if she had more KO power. It's a really tedious matchup if they kinda play like Falco, camping at all costs.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
You know A2, I never really asked for matchup ratios. I know that they're even. :/ But thanks anyway.

But telling me to powershield Bairs isn't going to make me any better at the matchup either >_>, I guess I'll just run the matchup more later or something. I took at game off of Y.b.M. anyway so honestly I shouldn't even say I'm that bad at it.

But somebody tell me how2falco. I'm only interested in the onstage game. (Mostly ground, really). I have a really strong ground game that just doesn't work against Falco. It was annoying, and Up-Bing as my primary source of damage is fun and all but I'd like to do some other sexy tricks too. I'll probably just try spacing Bairs and Capes next time... yeah, that sounds like it could work. Maybe. (Forward Air!)

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
Beginning of matches vs. Falcos, camp/plank until you get some percent on you so you won't get chain grabbed. Hopefully by the time you get some percentages, the Falco took more damage :]

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
i cant believe that **** was 117, that seems like it's a national turn out level already lol

was it just regional?

and why was it pretty huge? ( just curious )

and falco racks up damage alot faster on mario than vice versa and just gets away with alot of things with his safe moves

preferably l would just make sure you get the first juggle on him when he respawns, tho the matchup is just annoying

rather have pocket ics, lol

Top Bottom