• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Boards: General Discussion

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
SH Dair is my favorite Mario taunt.

BSP

Smash Legend
Mario's Dair does give some pretty decent shield pressure on some characters since he can just jump away after the strong hit.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Yeah, I got ***** no lube at SiiS3.

I did get to see Xero style on Lain's IC's for a bit and he actually didn't do too badly against his MK either. I did beat a Pika I was expected to beat... and lost to Fromunda (MM) and Xen in the ditto. Gonna play some Sheik for a while in order to help me correct my spacing and etc (or just help me get better at the game in general) and then I'll be back on Mario.

It's kinda hard to explain how I think Sheik will help my Mario, but I think it will. Still'll be a Mario to death, but he's a secondary atm.

Calebyte

Smash Lord
Sheik suffers from a lot of the same problems as Mario--she can easily rack damage, but lacks a reliable finisher. Plus she's hella light. A good Sheik is mad fun to watch though, have you ever seen Judo's Sheik? The guy is sick!

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Yeah, I got ***** no lube at SiiS3.

I did get to see Xero style on Lain's IC's for a bit and he actually didn't do too badly against his MK either. I did beat a Pika I was expected to beat... and lost to Fromunda (MM) and Xen in the ditto. Gonna play some Sheik for a while in order to help me correct my spacing and etc (or just help me get better at the game in general) and then I'll be back on Mario.

It's kinda hard to explain how I think Sheik will help my Mario, but I think it will. Still'll be a Mario to death, but he's a secondary atm.
rather play marth, he has a ****ing sword, and you know when your spacing right when you get tippers lol

also if u need help with spacing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfBuAo_Bfvw&feature=related

best video real talk

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I'm not gonna waste a topic on it but:

Use more dash attack guys. It's secretly a really really **** move. The fact it's unsafe on block only makes it not broken. To give you a hint as to how **** this move is, basically try it more on spotdodges or punishing whiffs specifically at long range.

Whoever first tells me what makes Dash Attack interesting gets a cookie.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
If you hit them with the weak part of Dash Attack [seems to be slightly behind Mario], the knock back and the stun is really weird and it possibly combos into AAA or maybe even other moves [I always use AAA though].

It's also a solid OoS option and decent when the opponent lands because it outlasts most spotdodges [which many ppl do upon landing].

:059:

Inferno3044

Smash Master
If you hit them with the weak part of Dash Attack [seems to be slightly behind Mario], the knock back and the stun is really weird and it possibly combos into AAA or maybe even other moves [I always use AAA though].

It's also a solid OoS option and decent when the opponent lands because it outlasts most spotdodges [which many ppl do upon landing].

:059:
I like Mario's dash attack. It's not amazing, but I use it at times. If they spotdodge it they get hit by the end of it and I combo it into jab, Dsmash, or Usmash. It's not something to be over used because they will adapt and just shield.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
I like Mario's dash attack. It's not amazing, but I use it at times. If they spotdodge it they get hit by the end of it and I combo it into jab, Dsmash, or Usmash. It's not something to be over used because they will adapt and just shield.
This.

In my experience, dash Attack works well on characters that short hop projectile. At the apex of their jump, you can dash attack under most circumstances if you're 1/3 of the stage away.

Especially with Pikachu. :bee:

BSP

Smash Legend
Mario's DA ***** spotdodges...trust me, my friend used Mario, and every time i spotdodged, I ate a weak DA to Usmash.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Weak DA -> U-smash was the answer I was looking for. Good job Inferno.

If you connect with the very end of it, it will register as a combo. If your DA is a little bit stale, you can fairly easily get this combo to work at KO percents on the entire cast too. This is Mario's most damaging way of punishing a spotdodge or whiff at long range (besides a very very well spaced charged F-smash).

vato_break

Smash Master
i really hate mikehaze, tyrant, and ranked people because they do drugs i mean as a D3 main i gotta hate them, pot too. pot is for the cool crowd only, me-being not cool, must hate on these pot ranked players for all time.

mikeven made fun of me in a blog ugh http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=85966&page=2

After i lost to vatobreak things seemed to go down hill for me! i was almosted ranked status, **** you vatobreak! you ruined my life!

UberMario

Smash Master
i really hate mikehaze, tyrant, and ranked people because they do drugs i mean as a D3 main i gotta hate them, pot too. pot is for the uncool, body-negligent crowd only, me-being cool and not giving in to peer pressure, must hate on these pot ranked players for all time.
Sorry, had to do it.

inb4onoudidn

Top Bottom