• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[MAJOR] Australian Cyber League (ACL): Melbourne April 9th-10th

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I can hide behind fancy words and terms too, but I just prefer to call you an idiot.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
<3 Zxv

Anyway, I'm not going to spam this thread up with a Wobbling debate like last time, I might end up making a thread about it that none of you will listen to anyway.

I'd still like to know what the Brawl ruleset will be though, I don't want to be CP'ing Norfair only to find out that it's banned.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
dgb ruleset minus brawl singles rainbow cruise!!
actually...
dgb ruleset minus brawl!

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
i'd like to see the pound V stagelist, just to try it out more than anything. the americans seem pretty content. just one time...

Dekar289

Smash Hero
Frigate Orpheon
Pictochat
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

can we not try out this garbage at a melbourne major
cool

Attila_

BRoomer
soz, i meant to post that in the couchwarriors thread.

no rainbow ride or pokemon stadium 2 in the major. picto is fine. brinstar is gay.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Ah.

Want to see Cao before he leaves.

Want to focus on things at home though.

:(

Good stuff on hitting ACL hard Phil. JB told me you were emailing him a lot and I told him you were da man with da plan.

Sirias

Smash Champion
I am sleepy.
But would like to come.
Hum diddly hum...

Need redemption.

Cao v Kas in EVERY GAME FOR FINALS.
WE GOT DIS, DADDY! :D

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Frigate Orpheon
Pictochat
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

can we not try out this garbage at a melbourne major
cool
soz, i meant to post that in the couchwarriors thread.

no rainbow ride or pokemon stadium 2 in the major. picto is fine. brinstar is gay.
Pictochat is fine. As is Frigate. Rest are borderline.
What's up with the PS2 hate? It's WAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than Picto and Cruise xD

Anyway, I think Pictochat should be banned, because it randomly screws people over.

Frigate Orpheon should be legal, and PS2 :/

I don't care about Cruise lol, it only really works with 2 stage bans (Meta Knight >_>)

Attila_

BRoomer
super keen for this
<3

What's up with the PS2 hate? It's WAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than Picto and Cruise xD

Anyway, I think Pictochat should be banned, because it randomly screws people over.

Frigate Orpheon should be legal, and PS2 :/

I don't care about Cruise lol, it only really works with 2 stage bans (Meta Knight >_>)
ps2 is freakin ********. nothing in picto forces you up close, or forces you off the stage (blowing doesnt really, only if you get caught on the ledge by some transformations), and nothing makes you commit to jumping for 10 seconds, either.

cruise is managable at least; you can stay away and dont have to jump that often, either.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Picto's transformations basically force you to not fight.

Personally think PS2 is better than Pictochat, but only slightly. and both shouldn't be there.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
<3

ps2 is freakin ********. nothing in picto forces you up close, or forces you off the stage (blowing doesnt really, only if you get caught on the ledge by some transformations), and nothing makes you commit to jumping for 10 seconds, either.

cruise is managable at least; you can stay away and dont have to jump that often, either.
So... your only problem with PS2 is the electricity part? o_O

It last for like... 30-45 seconds and is just as bad as the PS1 transformations that completely stop game-play (the rock one and the tree one).

You can't tell me with a straight face that that is worse than this.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
lol @ the vid
i'm assuming jei will be running brawl at this and choosing the ruleset?

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
I would throw my controller if this happened to me lulz.

Well, yeah I never really understood why Picto was counter pick. Too much random crap poping out thats unavoidable in cases

Attila_

BRoomer
the snake got out of the grab three times; he just bad. although it was pretty lolz.

not half as bad as being forced off the stage or trapped in the air, however; its basically a free stock against my characters.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
He got out of the grab, and then it was footsies over whether he was grabbed again. Sure, it only happened because he got out-played, but no one is perfect.

Snake can either stay in the middle on the electric stage or on the ledge (both situations he isn't forced into the air off-stage).

On the air stage, snake isn't helpless on the air part lol. He can drop heaps of **** down below him and he has bair.

Attila_

BRoomer
He got out of the grab, and then it was footsies over whether he was grabbed again. Sure, it only happened because he got out-played, but no one is perfect.

Snake can either stay in the middle on the electric stage or on the ledge (both situations he isn't forced into the air off-stage).

On the air stage, snake isn't helpless on the air part lol. He can drop heaps of **** down below him and he has bair.
as you said, he got outplayed. stuff gets even more gay on a stage like yoshi's, when the ghost comes and takes my c4 away while i'm recovering with it...

snake loses quite badly to most high tier characters when he is forced to fight up close. if he didn't he wouldn't rely on camping to win in almost every mu. ever tried fighting an mk without being able to space your camping? its pretty terrible. and recommending snake is fight on the ledge is even worse.

and snake is helpless if he's already double jumped on the air transformation; his fastfall doesnt allow him to get past anyone, bair is beaten by almost any disjointed (spaced) aerial in the game, and the only thing he can drop is c4s (nades need to be throw, and they go way too high up anyway). not to mention if he makes it on the ground, his soft nade throws go over every opponent, despite spacing, making his ground defence rubbish.

have you actually played a good player on this stage?

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Of course not, I live in SA.

Being a bad stage for a character (Snake, in this case) is a pretty common trait of counter-picks... I don't see what the problem is. It's not like he is always forced to ban it in every MU or something.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
the problem is you're not playing brawl anymore, you're playing pokemon stadium 2 lolfest warioware lottery plinko sausage fest merry go round easter egg hunt

Attila_

BRoomer
I use snake as the prime example because he's the player I know the best and can comment on safely. Although I can easily say that no character should be able to deal with mk on the electric transformation, all heavies get juggled in the air and Diddy can approach unhindered on the air transformation.

Top Bottom