• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[MAJOR] Australian Cyber League (ACL): Melbourne April 9th-10th

Dekar289

Smash Hero
do you not understand
it's not just about character matchups

you're the only one arguing for it anyway who gives a ****

Dekar289

Smash Hero
where's atticus to better articulate what i'm about to attempt to say...

the pokemon stadium 2 transformations are super gay
i don't mean for any particular individual character, i mean just super super gay
for the competitive game

if item spawns were preset, or you could set beforehand where and when an item was to spawn... you would still turn it off, because you don't want that **** getting in the way.

the rhythm and momentum (and outcome!) of a match should be dictated by the players, not the stage.
stages are there to provide the players with a stage for their battle, not to put them through an obstacle course.

@attila: as you said, picto is ******** and there is no NEED for it, so it should be banned! along with frigate orpheon and cruise.

the fact that the tournament legality of stages like pokemon stadium 2 are debated at all shows the desperation of brawl players stemming from the dismal state of competitive brawl
ranty rant

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Overcoming way too many obstacles and inconveniences to stay in the actual fight.
What is the "actual fight"?

If two gay transformations that can be camped out make the stage bannable, I guess we should get rid of PS1 as well.

Oh, and campy Warios.

Having an auto-loss that isn't Brinstar against mk is stupid. Picto is at least ******** for everyone.
Pokemon Stadium 2 is not an auto-win for Meta Knight.

Unless you have videos or tournament results that indicate otherwise...?

the pokemon stadium 2 transformations are super gay
Agreed. Apart from ice <3

if item spawns were preset, or you could set beforehand where and when an item was to spawn... you would still turn it off, because you don't want that **** getting in the way.
So if item spawns were preset, they'd be banned anyway?

I didn't realize you supported Diddy Kong, Snake, Link, Toon Link and Zero Suit Samus being banned too!

the rhythm and momentum (and outcome!) of a match should be dictated by the players, not the stage.
stages are there to provide the players with a stage for their battle, not to put them through an obstacle course.
Read what I said above to M.

@attila: as you said, picto is ******** and there is no NEED for it, so it should be banned! along with frigate orpheon and cruise.
Final Destination is as bad as Cruise xD

Dekar289

Smash Hero
oh so the two gay transformations can be camped out?
good good, not only does this favour campy characters and characters with projectiles (especially when in the lead), but it also encourages camping, just what brawl needs! more camping! easier timeouts!

it's pretty clear that
a) you're ********
b) you just want to argue for the sake of arguing
but most likely
c) both

rainbow cruise is as bad as fd???
step back and think for one god damn second

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Favouring characters (with projectiles, in this case) =/= Ban-worthy.

Brawl is a campy game. Deal with it/play Melee. There is no reason to treat campy playing or time outs any less legitimately than aggressive play.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
a stage where characters are forced to stop approaching each other and camp for half the time is not something the brawl community wants to see.
more importantly, i'm sure it's not something the TO wants to see.

maybe if you stopped playing on garbage like ps2 and cruise you wouldn't suck so bad at the game.
i hope nova and apollo aren't subjected to it too...

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
@Dekar: picto and frigate are silly, but I don't they are overly unbalanced. They don't interfere most of the time, can don't overly favor certain characters. Most transformations on picto are harmless, or annoying at worst, unlike ps2, where the transformations kill people.

@grim: playing experience dictates my thoughts on mk's rapeness on that stage.

Ps1 is campy, but I can always fight my opponent, and am not killed by the stage.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
@grim
playing on ps2 means
less time spent focusing on the important things
- spacing
- mindgames
- the matchup
- edgeguarding

just remember this when you don't make it out of pools, ok buddy
remember when i make the bracket and you don't

Nova

Banned via Warnings
i hope nova and apollo aren't subjected to it too...
We were outvoted lol, I get RC cp'd against me all the time (never had PS2 picked though). :/
If I had my way, it'd be like the neutrals Halberd & a couple of others.
There is a reason I attend so many interstate tourneys. :D

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
@grim: playing experience dictates my thoughts on mk's rapeness on that stage.

Ps1 is campy, but I can always fight my opponent, and am not killed by the stage.
Playing experience in tournament, or friendlies?

If you are getting KO'd on PS2, it isn't because of the stage, it's because of the opponent using the stage to his advantage against you.

less time spent focusing on the important things
- spacing
- mindgames
- the matchup
- edgeguarding

just remember this when you don't make it out of pools, ok buddy
remember when i make the bracket and you don't
>implying that the only stages we play on in South Australia are Pokemon Stadium 2 and Rainbow Ride.

I'm getting the same stage experience you are getting (from all the other stages), and more (from PS2, etc...).

Dekar289

Smash Hero
i play on ps2 and new pork city and warioware, so i'm getting even MORE experience.
i also have 75m MEMORISED.
guess i'm a shoe-in to win

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
New Pork City/75m = You get experience in avoiding the opponent on a stage with a circle (useless in competitive play).
WarioWare = You get experience in being large/being invincible/the micro-games (useless in competitive play, excluding spawn invincibility).
Pokemon Stadium 2 = You get experience in camping on a stage with a common lay-out (very useful in competitive play).

You're just digging a hole for yourself, Dekar.

EDIT: Looks like I'll have to make a stage thread after my Wobbling thread, I'm gonna stop spamming this thread on this subject.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
you know grim
you can get camping experience on any stage in the game, since brawl is a campy game

better yet, when you don't play on ps2, you'll be playing on a stage that's not banned in tournaments (very useful to play on stages that are actually legal in tournaments), AND you won't have to deal with the game changing transformations of ps2!

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Both. I'm winning until the stage shoves me off the ledge. Then I'm defenseless and die. I'm obviously just a bad player.

Also, you can't say stages aren't banned because they favor certain characters; care to tell me why skyworld, shadow Moses or Onett were banned?

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Not trying to continue my stage argument here, just saying:

Skyworld is banned because of Meta Knight and (arguably) an over-centralization on teching.

Shadow Moses Island is banned because of an over-centralization on teching, walk-off camping and wall infinites.

Onett shouldn't be banned, but I assume it's banned because of walk-off camping and wall infinites.

Skyworld isn't banned because it favours Meta Knight though, it's banned because Meta Knight is literally unbeatable there. The same can't really be said, going by tournament results, for PS2.
This sentence isn't supposed to be an argument, I was just explaining the point I made earlier.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
Meta Knight is literally unbeatable there. The same can't really be said, going by tournament results, for PS2.
ROFL
oh man that takes the cake rofl
you're other points are probably wrong but idk if they are i'm sure someone will point it out
also ps2 has an over-centralization on uncompetitive lolfest play

literally unbeatable rofl

Dekar289

Smash Hero
i'm gunna get esam to play pikachu against my 7 year old brother's mk
i guess esam will lose since mk is literally unbeatable on skyworld

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Sorry for not mentioning that I was talking about mid/high/top-level play.

I thought it was pretty obvious considering that we don't make rulesets based off of how good your little brother is, but I guess not.

tedeth

Smash Master
I didn't read the last 2 pages but:

PS2 should be banned. It has certain effects that get in the way of gameplay and force characters into positoons that cannot be overcome by simply being better at the game.

Picto is borderline. I think alot of its transformations are bearable. Alot of the time they just means a crazy punish or something for making a mistake.

Actually yeah that's the difference. Picto is less likely to punish you for doing something right where as PS2 can be like "oop you did something right now you're screwed."

Frigate is fine. Anyone wha has even a basic level of stage knowledge there won't get killed by the flip very often at all and the two stages by themselves are fine. Just fine.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Dekar just really hates frigate I guess lul.

I mean it seriously isnt bad at all... You just need to jump after the beeping ._.

We having crew battles btw?

Ghostbone

Smash Master
I didn't read the last 2 pages but:

PS2 should be banned. It has certain effects that get in the way of gameplay and force characters into positoons that cannot be overcome by simply being better at the game.
Smashville should be banned. It has certain effects that get in the way of gameplay and force characters into positions that cannot be overcome by simply being better at the game.

Or maybe you can just learn to adjust?

Picto is borderline. I think alot of its transformations are bearable. Alot of the time they just means a crazy punish or something for making a mistake.
Picto is crazy ********.....

Actually yeah that's the difference. Picto is less likely to punish you for doing something right where as PS2 can be like "oop you did something right now you're screwed."
This is just soooo wrong.
If you can't react to the at least 7 seconds of warning for the transformations then there's something seriously wrong with you.

You guys should read this thread http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=285744
But you probably won't

tedeth

Smash Master
lol. You're a ****ing idiot.

MM ghostbone $1000. Clearly I am wrong about everything so I must be terrible at the game.

You know you want to. You can totally do it for the glory of Badelaide.

EDIT: Seriously is everyone in that state just some ******** 12 year old kid who is trash at every game ever and needs a kick in the teeth?

How do you put up with this **** Nova?

tedeth

Smash Master
Grim you can't hide your stupidity behind your age. It's so hypocritical of you to want to be able to argue as an equal member of this community and then call people immature for arguing with someone younger than them.

As far as I'm concerned, you're a member of the community, and if anyone else spoke to me as disrespectfully as you did, I'd tell them the same thing.

You need to have your head kicked in because you have no idea what you're talking about and you have no right to come in claiming that your opinions are correct. You have achieved NOTHING in either game. You come from a state where the competitive scene is viewed as a joke outside of a couple of players who hate you anyway, so you should stfu and have some ****ing respect.

Top Bottom