• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Mah0ne's Stuff about Puff

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
hey mahone how come you don't ever sing cancel ledgegrab when coming back on stage? should i not do that?

Mahone

Smash Champion
probably not since marth doesn't have a sing, you can just ask me stuff on skype since thats what all the cool kids are doing nowadays

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Do you guys seriously talk a lot on skype? I'd have to redownload it but if it's more than spam I'd want to hear what you guys have to say.

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
We don't always talk about puff

But when we do, we prefer Dos Equis

idea

Smash Master
i will eventually, just lazy lol

well lazy about skype, not lazy about all the other things i'm doing

....like watching people stream spelunky <____<

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
what a great game :3

especially once you get a jetpack and don't have to give **** about anything any more.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Self proclaimed 3rd best puff.
Leeroy Jenkins is the self proclaimed best WoW player. And we've already discussed his puff in more detail on skype. Get on there.

idea

Smash Master
he wanted to play me in some puff dittos after our pools set at apex, but he quit out halfway through a match 'cause he said had 'never been so bored in his life'

Mahone

Smash Champion
April 7th Tournament Results:

Singles:
1: ChuDat
2: Mahone
3: chillindude829
4: Vist
5: DoH
5: thumbswayup
7: Wenbo
7: SypherPhoenix
9: Winston
9: Btree
9: ChaosKnight
9: ScrapMettle
13: GodsLAFCO
13: East Coast Eddie

Doubles:
1: DoH + Chillin (DoH + Chillin)
2: Boss + ChuDat (Boss + ChuDat)
3: Where the **** is DOSV? (Btree + GodsLAFCO)
4: Eric Pivothands (ScrapMettle + Mahone)
5: Frostenfeazre (Sypher + Flamingo)
5: Blue Storm (Wenbo + Winston)

I went all puff for this tourney and learned a lot.

-against ics it is almost always better to kill nana when you get the chance

-dair upsmash seems like it should be really good against sopo, since he basically has 2 options against puff who is just spacing out aerials.... grab and wd dsmash, if you just stay in the air and bait dsmash, he ends up at this awkward spacing under you, where i ended up not really doing any move because i was afraid of cc dsmash and stuff, but dair upsmash would have been perfect

-staying on stage seems better against sopo's side-b recovery, its safer, i think im just bad at baiting his side b offstage though

-you can kill ics when they are side-bing with upair REALLY EARLY, youd be surprised how early it kills, especially with the fact that they are usually starting the side-b really high up, it is also impossible for them to avoid

-i tried platform camping the ics, which is what hbox does to wobbles, but it didn't really seem to work, maybe im not good at it, but it doesn't seem that necessary to me, even if wobbling is allowed

-just take advantage of the fact you have six jumps, you can bait the ics really well with your jumps

-if you are ever fsmashing nana to kill her when they get split up HOLD UP AND IN after you input the fsmash, one game i died at zero cuz sopo wded in dsmashed me in my fsmash lag, and like an idiot i didn't switch to di in fast enough cuz i forgot how fast sopo wd is... sopo will always get there in time and dsmash, trust me

Ya i don't really know what else to say... i never had to really deal with any stupid ics tricks because i tried to kill nana everytime asap and it's not that hard to do so...

i just lost cuz chu's sopo would do like an average of 70% to me before dying, but that was mainly because his spacing was just better :( but in theory puff vs sopo should be really easy

i learned im really good vs fox and really bad vs falco and samus, so if anyone wants to recieve/give advice in the respective matchups that would be cool

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Yo legit mahone =)

Watch out for WD Upsmash vs ICs btw, I saw that one Israeli ICs player(forgot his name) hit Hbox with that some during Genesis 2 friendlies.

Mahone

Smash Champion
ya, for some reason chu never does that, i know its really good though, nintendude was ****ing me up with it at some tourney

Top Bottom