• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Mah0ne's Stuff about Puff

Tekk

Smash Lord
If you get hit by samus' upB, you can't rest her, even if you SDI out.
Chasing her free falling isn't that easy, if she knows what she's doing.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
make sure you sh when you follow her, not just running. If i can slow walk to usmash with fox, you should be able to follow with rest.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Umm what? Samus can actually attack up really well, and puff has a ****ty time defending low.
Uh what?, you mean that samus has a way to approach a top platform camping puff that´s main strategy is going for timeout?

Massive

Smash Champion
Uh what?, you mean that samus has a way to approach a top platform camping puff that´s main strategy is going for timeout?
I don't know how they do things in Sweden, but timing out matches as a strategy is a great way to get everyone you've ever met to never want to play/talk to you again.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
yeah don't think you can just follow it

but you can proably move to where you think the samus is falling preemptively and rest if they went there and just take a bair/fair if they didn't. but there's no way I can see the jiggs getting it very often except if the samus is up b ing on FD...just with aerial DI alone they should be able to make you miss at least half the time or more, and wtith platforms it will get to be less, and if they start edgecanceling it I would imagine getting it would be pretty unlikely.

boomrested

Smash Journeyman
Going to a tournament tomorrow, gonna get some stuff recorded. I'll post it here, would anybody be up for critiquing it?

:phone:

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Uhh yeah, i think that samus does in fact have a way to stop puff from standing on the top platform until timeout

Metà

Smash Master
it's really, really hard to rest samus out of her up-b. they always have lots of options once they get out, like ledge-cancelling, grabbing the ledge, falling through platforms, etc. The earlier you SDI out, the better your opportunity to punish her.

oh yeah, and it's a lot easier to get out of her up-b if you're not playing V1.0. In that version, you can't SDI most of the hits.

boomrested

Smash Journeyman
Unfortunately, I was not able to pull off dair->rollout yesterday at the tournament :( But I was able to pull off taunt->rest during a teams match. (I'll find the video later) However, I played a Bo5 money match against a Peach (SOLAR) in my area, I'd really appreciate it if someone could critique it.
http://www.twitch.tv/habulous/b/313502615 from 3:12:28 to 3:26:30
Sorry that it's not a nice small YouTube video, the stream was recorded so we just played it on the stream. Thanks in advance.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I did not expect that ballsy rest in game 3. Good work throughout the set. I think one thing you need to work on is mixing up your aerials with grabs. The Peach loved CC'ing your bairs, and then downsmashing (which doesn't seem optimal to me for her to do, but whatever), so just try to mix in empty hop grabs if you start seeing them CC. Grabbing in general is something you need to do more, too, cause that upsets Peach's shield game. Towards the end, you were spacing your bairs around her CC, which is good, too.

This Peach loves downsmash. I feel like you could float around, bait one from her, then rest punish, a little bit more.

Make sure that you're not throwing bairs out to cover space, but rather, to hit her. You baired open air a lot, and then got punished. Focus on being more reactive.

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
dair grabs as well. Peach especially doesn't have many quick options when you're on top of her like that, a lot of really bad peaches will probably mash c-stick down until something happens.

boomrested

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the advice, I'll definitely utilize all of it at next tournament. Particularly, I could use comments on my spacing. People kept telling me to work on my spacing, so anything you guys can tell me would be really helpful. Here's another game I played against a falcon, where my spacing flaws might be easier to notice:
http://www.twitch.tv/habulous/b/313502615 From 3:36:30 to 3:46:15

And if you want to see a taunt to rest: Go to 4:11:35 and watch the magic.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
downair to upsmash should be a staple against floaties

especially peach and samus
I've been trying to do that but Puffs dair must be like the single most hardest move in the game to L-cancel.

Anyways, is there frame data somewhere telling how many frames advantage you have after successfully dairing your opponent?

idea

Smash Master
I still have to add you (and other people) on skype and ask you what the big deal was at some point

after essays though...by april 9th I am done with university :D

(same reason I haven't watched those videos yet, boomrested)

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
congrats on your win mahone...i keep forgetting who that wenbo guy is, but khorn was pretty good last time i checked...did you go all jiggs?

Metà

Smash Master
I still have to add you (and other people) on skype and ask you what the big deal was at some point

after essays though...by april 9th I am done with university :D

(same reason I haven't watched those videos yet, boomrested)
all puff skype chat

this has to happen

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
all puff skype chat

this has to happen
What an awesome idea

Somewhere to spam :039:

No but seriously, I just did it. Mahone, Tekk, Meta and I so far. More puffs need to get on this skype train.

Add me: Krynxe

I'll invite to the group

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I've been trying to do that but Puffs dair must be like the single most hardest move in the game to L-cancel.

Anyways, is there frame data somewhere telling how many frames advantage you have after successfully dairing your opponent?
i never thought i'd see the day when a goddamn jigglypuff player would complain about something being technically difficult about their character.

frame advantage depends on who you're fighting. weight and all that.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Yes, I have problems with technical stuff with Puff and I am bad.
Also considering actually using Skype if there is a Puff group there.

boomrested

Smash Journeyman
I'll get onboard with this skype thing if it's actually gonna happen. I'd have to make an account first, but still...

:phone:

idea

Smash Master
What an awesome idea

Somewhere to spam :039:

No but seriously, I just did it. Mahone, Tekk, Meta and I so far. More puffs need to get on this skype train.

Add me: Krynxe

I'll invite to the group
yeahh some other time...i've barely started on this essay and it was technically due last night at midnight.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
lololol they all lost to your falco......not your fox? man nova is getting too free when you can beat them with your tertiary

Top Bottom