• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Mah0ne's Stuff about Puff

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
It's always up, just post whenever and whoever is online will respond lol.

Skype group chats are pretty cool like that

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
:039: is probably the worst chat ever.

It was a pretty good idea at first Meta, but then we let Tekk and Mahone in.

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Very good. :)

I like that tekk guy, never mind what I said

Mahone is still Mahone though

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
What happens when you let that scrub ShroudedOne into a chat. Gosh Krynxe, way to ruin a good thing.

Tekk

Smash Lord
So we have Sveet, Foxlisk, Shrouded, Mahone, Krynxe (SIGHHHH.....); all we miss now is KK to lighten our hearts

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Add me (skype: Krynxe) or another puff on skype and you'll be added

Also, all further skype/random discussion here

This is the MU thread, we have a social thread for a reason. :)

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
im insulted that you didnt mention me when you were explaining why the thread is useless and stupid >:o (dance)

Keblerelf

Smash Ace
Against fox/falcos that are better than me, should I up throw when I grab them near the edge or go for a back throw?

Up throw is guaranteed to give me an advantage. If he DIs forward, I can combo. If he DIs back, he's still off the stage and I can hit him with at least one bair.

Back throw is not so much, but there is a very high reward if I can guess his recovery right. Also, it's scary getting thrown off the ledge so the psychological aspect might help.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Well bthrow might get you a gimp but worst case has them pinned to the edge. Uthrow might get you a rest but also might let them reset to neutral. Both have the possibility for a stock gain but bthrow has a positional advantage guaranteed. Mixing it up is always good tho

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Almost always bthrow. If you uthrow and they DI towards the middle of the stage, you pretty much lost your kill.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I know as fox, when marth dthrows me by the edge I have to DI away or else I get hit by fsmash or dtilt. I think I tend to DI away in this case against puff, too, but is that necessary?

Also, I know its been covered, but if you're facing the edge with ur grab, you should usually dthrow instead of fthrow since you get a rest if they DI in.

Massive

Smash Champion
Against fox/falcos that are better than me, should I up throw when I grab them near the edge or go for a back throw?

Up throw is guaranteed to give me an advantage. If he DIs forward, I can combo. If he DIs back, he's still off the stage and I can hit him with at least one bair.

Back throw is not so much, but there is a very high reward if I can guess his recovery right. Also, it's scary getting thrown off the ledge so the psychological aspect might help.
I'm in the bthrow camp.

It is possible for uthrow to be DI'd so the best you'd get is a single (non fatal) hit.

In this situation, bthrow is low risk, high reward. A successful gimp is a stock taken with almost no chance of being punished. Even an unsuccessful gimp leads to jigglypuff's ledgegame. And we all know that a jigglypuff's natural habitat is the ledge.

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
^ Pretty much.

nairs/fairs also work great for covering options. You usually have to hit them again if you nair, due to it's low knockback

idea

Smash Master
backthrow, and yeah do what hbox said

watch the platforms, especially if they DI in/are at low percent. spacies generally like to recover as high onstage as possible for obvious reasons.

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
I highly doubt that will work to be honest, dthrow takes like 10 seconds to do so they have plenty of time to react and change their DI.

Mahone

Smash Champion
ya, its more if they aren't aware where they will end up if they di in... so if they have no puff experience they might di in, but if they di out, thats probably better than fthrow anyway, especially if u factor in the fact that you can sdi fthrow lol

also, whats the trick to lcanceling dair, i think its time for me to learn it, is it latter than you expect?

idea

Smash Master
Whenever you want to L-cancel it, instead put down the controller, go take a nap, get some coffee, **** some *****es, then sit down and press L once.

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
^ You should actually wait until after the dair to rest :awesome:

But yes, it is much later than you'd expect. It's pretty annoying timing, sometimes I just do like a double trigger thing and mash both Z and R and hope I just get it lol.

Republican0fHeaven

Smash Ace
So DIing the dthrow offstage puts the opponent in a better place (for jiggz to punish) than a regular fthrow?

(also if they accidentally DI in or don't have exp = rest)......

Therefore dthrow > fthrow (low mid percent) if facing offstage
and bthrow > uthrow if facing onstage

If on the center of the stage, its MU dependent but mostly uthrow or dthrow platform tech chase.

So... only fthrow if you are near the ledge, facing offstage and they're at high percent???

Mahone

Smash Champion
ya that sounds about right... the only thing up for debate is what IS high percent

also, to add the obvious...

fthrow when they are really high percent no matter where you are

Top Bottom