• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

M2k vs Dojo (vid inside)

Grondos

Smash Cadet
MK vs. Snake is different than MK vs. Falco. Best Falco in the nation vs. Best Snake and Best MK in the nation vs. Best Snake will go different.

And I'm pretty sure in general Ally beats SK92.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Deikn7eSfo

Of course this is on Wifi, but the point is, SK92 and Ally have an almost perfect connection (I think SK92 said it was green or yellow) and SK92 only wins 2 matches. Of course there were no CP's or anything, but saying this doesn't prove Ally is a monster is just ignorant.

I talked to Ally on Allisbrawl, he said him and SK92 are even.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Probably the best two MK players that I know of right now. Seeing M2K play gives me some idea of how impossible MK can be to beat with a character other than MK, though. None the less, this was an incredible between two of the best players and was very enjoyable to watch.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
Even with awesome connections, online is online. The true test of who is better is in the same room over the course of many games. Winning one tournament or beating somebody in one match means nothing, it's about what happens in the long run.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Yellow connection is still bad, and green connection has plenty of lag spikes. The difference in just speed between on and offline is amazing.

IM_A_HUSTLA

Smash Journeyman
ally is definitley NOT the best snake(DSF is), and blue is a perfect connection not green, and playing online does not compare to irl at all, even if u do have a blue connection

OverLade

Smash Hero
Yellow connection is still bad, and green connection has plenty of lag spikes. The difference in just speed between on and offline is amazing.
If you have a wired connection the connection will be consistent, as in no lag, only delay. People who play online are used to this, so they'll learned to do things in advance to compensate. Saying Online doesn't show skill is just wrong, honestly. Or people who win offline wouldn't win online also.

SK92

Smash Journeyman
Online wont let you play at the speed of offline, not even close to it. No matter of blue connection.

Deoxys

Smash Lord
Probably the best two MK players that I know of right now.
I'm sure Dojo can't be the second best MK... Can he? I always figured Forte was better.

Seeing M2K play gives me some idea of how impossible MK can be to beat with a character other than MK, though. None the less, this was an incredible between two of the best players and was very enjoyable to watch.
How would this matchup illustrate that?

I thought Dojo was just considered to be "pro" rather than "uber-pro." No?

aeghrur

Smash Champion
I really would like to see M2K and Azen go up to Canada and **** some tournies there, lol. But do they want canadian dollars as prizes? lol, jk, jk.

Dojo

Smash Champion
Online won't ever = offline.
Not even close.

Like, I don't want to offend anyone, but I mean, Canada's hyping Ally up the same way Texas did to Dojo, and we know how that turned out.
I lol'd. XD
****ing Hylian.

I'm sure Dojo can't be the second best MK... Can he? I always figured Forte was better.
No I'm not the 2nd best MK. The way it seems there are quite a few better than me.
I consider myself top 10ish though. Or around there.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
He played like, one tournament in Canada, and everyone now uses that as "proof" that he's amazing off of wifi.

Like, I don't want to offend anyone, but I mean, Canada's hyping Ally up the same way Texas did to Dojo, and we know how that turned out.
Ally actually is amazing offline. You're ill informed if you don't think so, considering a few things.

1. There are vids of him playing incredibly smart and doing things no other Snake has done yet.
2. Obviously if he's amazing online he's even better offline. That's how it is with everybody.

Watch his vids dude. I'm not using his tournament results as proof of how good he is, I'm using what I've seen in his vids, his strategies and how he plays.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
2. Obviously if he's amazing online he's even better offline. That's how it is with everybody..
Jumpman was able to come to a tournament pretty recently and took third, losing to me and d4ba. This statement is not necessarily true.

As awesome as this is though, it will never compare to being stuck in traffic and playing beach ball with the car next to us. When are you coming down again focker?

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Jumpman was able to come to a tournament pretty recently and took third, losing to me and d4ba. This statement is not necessarily true.

As awesome as this is though, it will never compare to being stuck in traffic and playing beach ball with the car next to us. When are you coming down again focker?
Jumpman is still better offline than online though, it's just that you're better. My point was that if you're good online, obviously you're better offline since you can time things better.

Idk when I'm coming down again dude, hopefully this summer. My brother just passed away, I think you met him actually if I remember correctly, so my whole family is in a frenzy. Hopefully I can make it down this summer. If not, you and G-Krew need to get your arses up here. :)

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Jumpman is still better offline than online though, it's just that you're better. My point was that if you're good online, obviously you're better offline since you can time things better.

Idk when I'm coming down again dude, hopefully this summer. My brother just passed away, I think you met him actually if I remember correctly, so my whole family is in a frenzy. Hopefully I can make it down this summer. If not, you and G-Krew need to get your arses up here. :)
Wow, that's definitely not cool about your brother man. Hope everything works out alright for you.

Hopefully I'll see you this summer then dude. I've been thinking about coming up there some time, I just don't have a whole lot of money right now.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Ugh, 23 long pages of Dr. Phil, sex, anime, pro-praise, MK ban/approval.

No more.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Ally actually is amazing offline. You're ill informed if you don't think so, considering a few things.

1. There are vids of him playing incredibly smart and doing things no other Snake has done yet.
2. Obviously if he's amazing online he's even better offline. That's how it is with everybody.

Watch his vids dude. I'm not using his tournament results as proof of how good he is, I'm using what I've seen in his vids, his strategies and how he plays.
screw my stupidity...

Master Raven

Smash Master
He got 25th at a tournament that percon placed first at. It's foolish that everyone crowds around him feeding his online successes, he's still amazing offline it's just that too many people overestimate him because of what he does on wifi...
Huh? Which tourney? The one at Niagara?

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
He got 25th at a tournament that percon placed first at. It's foolish that everyone crowds around him feeding his online successes, he's still amazing offline it's just that too many people overestimate him because of what he does on wifi...
What the heck are you talking about, I got 1st at the tourney I played Percon, idiot. Learn ur result.

Saki Zatoichi

Smash Ace
I want to see some M2K/Azen VS Ally in tournament finals!

One or the other is going to have to be a man and come to US/Canada. Who's it going to be?

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
no one comes to visit

friends? i don't have many "friends", at least no convenient ones for daily playing. Brawl is so depressing, I'm glad I don't have to ever play it and can just rely on melee ability to win. Same type of game.

Well, get some friends. If I'd live where you do, I'd come over just to become better.

Top Bottom