• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

M2k vs Dojo (vid inside)

Gates

Banned via Warnings
M2K, if you hate camping so much, why not use Marth as a secondary if MK gets banned? I can't really see him being a good camper in Brawl or even needing to camp against anyone besides MK and maybe G&W, but only because they'd be approaching first and fastest anyway. Not that I'm saying I think MK will be banned, in fact I doubt it will happen. Just asking is all.

Also, do you still not have a copy of Melee? Because if Ken gets voted off Survivor in the next 3 weeks I'll end up selling my copy on a bet.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
it was only 1 of the points. It is a broken tactic that ruins the game and makes much less people play it. NOTHING good comes of it, it is all negative things, 100%.
MK is sailing around in the same boat. :p

I can easily say that ledge-stalling is fun for me, and that ledge-stall being banned isn't fair and makes the game boring.

But I won't, because that's just silly.

Deoxys

Smash Lord
MK is sailing around in the same boat. :p

I can easily say that ledge-stalling is fun for me, and that ledge-stall being banned isn't fair and makes the game boring.

But I won't, because that's just silly.
If you think 100% negativity comes out of MK, you must not understand that he has matchups that aren't in his favor, or how fun he is to play.

Well, good enough. But I sure there are other characters which are at least as much fun.
I can't think of any character I enjoy nearly as much as MK, but that might just be because I love MK so much. MK is the reason I like Brawl more than Melee....

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
If you think 100% negativity comes out of MK, you must not understand that he has matchups that aren't in his favor, or how fun he is to play.
The same can be said for ledge stalling.

Oh, and MK with a matchup that goes beyond 50:50?
lol.

bludhoundz

Smash Ace
Inui's Snake goes even with M2K's MK. I think clearer evidence would be hard to ask for.
???

What kind of evidence is that?

Firstly a matchup between two players using two characters does not define that character matchup.

Secondly where the hell does Inui go even with M2k?!

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
???

What kind of evidence is that?

Firstly a matchup between two players using two characters does not define that character matchup.

Secondly where the hell does Inui go even with M2k?!
He means that Inui does pretty good against M2K's MK I think. M2K is considered to be the best player in the world. If Inui consistenly goes even with the best player in the world (better than Inui) Snake must have a good matchup against MK.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
And you know this how?
Have you tested Snake out to his FULLEST potential?
Have you covered every aspect of the Snake vs MK matchup that you know this for a FACT?
Have you tested Meta Knight out to his FULLEST potential?
Have you covered every aspect of the MK vs. Snake matchup that you know this (Snake going even with MK) for a FACT?

If Inui consistenly goes even with the best player in the world (better than Inui) Snake must have a good matchup against MK.
That, and/or M2K needs to play smarter.

bludhoundz

Smash Ace
He means that Inui does pretty good against M2K's MK I think. M2K is considered to be the best player in the world. If Inui consistenly goes even with the best player in the world (better than Inui) Snake must have a good matchup against MK.
Hasn't M2k said multiple times that pretty much nobody's Snake gives his MK a hard time, though?

Besides, pvp =/= character matchup.

Dojo

Smash Champion
Have you covered every aspect of the MK vs. Snake matchup that you know this (Snake going even with MK) for a FACT?

Metaknight has been FAR more tapped into than any other character around.
You didn't witness M2K and Azen play... how far they've truly unlocked him.

Hell even I have tapped farther into MK's potential than 90% of the snake's in the US have...
Snake is far more capable than people make him out to be, but most just stick to trying simple nade spam and ftilts.

Also don't try to negate what I say by throwing my statement at me... We both know that MK has been far more explored than any character whether he be the best or not, nobody else has really been deeply explored. Hence the reason why he hasn't been banned yet...

Banning him isn't going to make any of the low tier any more viable either... They'll still get ***** by the rest of the top tier and legitimately by most of the high tier.

I'm sorry he ***** your character, but that gives you no reason to bash M2K or any other MK main for that matter. Seriously being happy that he went into emo mode? Wtf... It's just a game...

Like Sky said...

Stop *****ing about your character, stop *****ing about how it's low tier. If you don't like it pick Mk and suck a **** like the rest of em.

Now that all that is said.
I still believe he's overpowered. At least as of right now...
I still think it should be held off because I do believe others will catch up if enough creativity and determination is present.

Ulevo

Smash Master

Are you naturally ignorant?

Odds are Dojo has come closer to testing the limits of Meta Knight than you will with either characters during your play time with Brawl. I'd say he is much more inclined to make a judgement call on the match up.

I'm not even going to comment on M2K requiring smarter play. :ohwell:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Metaknight has been FAR more tapped into than any other character around.
You didn't witness M2K and Azen play... how far they've truly unlocked him.

Hell even I have tapped farther into MK's potential than 90% of the snake's in the US have...
Snake is far more capable than people make him out to be, but most just stick to trying simple nade spam and ftilts.
Doesn't mean he's hit any limit, or that he simply can't grow more in response to any other characters growth. Of course, this can be applied the other way as well, and possibly has already, considering many characters meta games revolve around "how do I deal with MK"?

Also don't try to negate what I say by throwing my statement at me... We both know that MK has been far more explored than any character whether he be the best or not, nobody else has really been deeply explored. Hence the reason why he hasn't been banned yet...
mmmkay. Acknowledged.

Banning him isn't going to make any of the low tier any more viable either... They'll still get ***** by the rest of the top tier and legitimately by most of the high tier.
I'm not going to deny that. I don't even know why you brought that up.

I'm sorry he ***** your character, but that gives you no reason to bash M2K or any other MK main for that matter. Seriously being happy that he went into emo mode? Wtf... It's just a game...
It never was my reason. I acknowledge that Sonic is complete **** as a fighter in Brawl, and I couldn't really care if he got ***** by any other character in the game. I actually find it hilarious, and it only makes victories against Snake and the other high tiers that much more fruitful.

I'm an avid fan of hardwork = great payoff, and I feel that MK teeters on the edge of breaking that rule.
Don't say a word, I do know that it takes a "moderate" amount of "work" to play well with MK.

And as for me in relation to M2K's emo mode: I'm just a twisted person who laughs at others misfortune, regardless of the circumstances.

I wouldn't say "happy" either. Moreso "giddy".

If it was just a game, then M2K should've just let it go. Revealing one's true intentions on the internet, particularly on sites like these, are very dangerous and reckless. In a sense, he was "asking for it".

And as I've said. I'm twisted. I like watching others in pain.

Like Sky said...

Stop *****ing about your character, stop *****ing about how it's low tier. If you don't like it pick Mk and suck a **** like the rest of em.
I never once complained that my character was low tier. Infact, I relish the fact.

And are you implying that you suck ****?

Now that all that is said.
I still believe he's overpowered. At least as of right now...
I still think it should be held off because I do believe others will catch up if enough creativity and determination is present.
At least we agree on something...a little.

I think we should wait, but before we just sit around and twiddle our thumbs, we should consider a possible time frame, so we can finally resolve this ****ed situation.

Only difference between you and me at this point is that I don't think much will change about this situation months down the line.

Oh, and that I'm a psycopath. =P

Are you naturally ignorant?

Odds are Dojo has come closer to testing the limits of Meta Knight than you will with either characters during your play time with Brawl. I'd say he is much more inclined to make a judgement call on the match up.

I'm not even going to comment on M2K requiring smarter play. :ohwell:
I'm pretty sure he is.

Well, what else can I say for him to win the match? Suck less? Win more? Pray? I'm just using an argument I've heard from your side about us "*****ing" about the matchup with MK. If M2K has such a hard time, maybe he should reconsider an approach or two, mix it up a little bit, etc, etc. He IS human afterall, and even he can't play smart all of the time. It's not my place to say, but I don't really care otherwise.

Oh, and no, I'm not ignorant. I just wanted you to see that the statement could be flopped, because it's one of the funniest things to do.

Very similar to how M2K's reasons for banning ledge-stalling can be applied for MK as well.

aeghrur

Smash Champion
M2k should play Sonic and come to our boards. Then he goes crazy and we corrupt him&his mind. Afterwards, he can be happy there with us and our steak. =)

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Don't smoke pot, M2K. It gives you headaches and smells like rotten meat.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Anyone ever see Ally's Snake in action? That is a Snake being played at it's true potential.

vs. Azen

But I could hear it now "lol wifi wtf dat doesnt count". Yeah...no.

vs. KingAce

This was in real life. This was at Luigi's freaking mansion. This was against a Meta Knight. KingAce is the best MK in Canada, and placed 5th at CH4. He's no joke, and he was pretty easily disposed of by Ally.

Watch him play, and tell me that this isn't a 55-45 matchup in favor of Snake. Or even at the lowest.

Timbers

check me out
I am sorry that KingAce is about as one dimensional a player as they come, and Ally was able to capitalize on his extreme predictability?

You can watch that entire video and see that Ally had a much better mindset than Ace, lol.

I don't know why I'm in here.

CO18

Smash Hero
Ugh I Ally! D:. I dont lose to any snake online or offline but him.

2 legit.

I seriously think Ally and M2k would go even if they played and I do believe snake has a slight advantage over MK as well.

Ally needs to come to an america tourney.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
I seriously think Ally and M2k would go even if they played and I do believe snake has a slight advantage over MK as well.

Now that I'd like to see.

Too epic.

...I'm pretty sure M2K would wreck him though; he's very good at gimping Snakes from what I saw at HOBO11.

CO18

Smash Hero
Now that I'd like to see.

Too epic.

...I'm pretty sure M2K would wreck him though; he's very good at gimping Snakes from what I saw at HOBO11.
Theres no way M2k would WRECK him to say. He could win majority etc, but even m2k said DSF won like 20% vs his mk at CH3 and Afro thundah down here in Florida took a match off of him with snake in their set and then m2k went Dedede.

TBH, I really consider Ally on an entirely different level than everyone besides m2k and maybe azen.

I strongly believe it would be close to even or at most a 60/40 slant in m2k's favor.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
I also believe that it would be close between Ally and M2K, with M2K probably coming out on top in the end. At the same time, I wouldn't be surprised if M2K just randomly ***** him...M2K tends to do that kind of thing XD

More like M2K/Azen need to come to a Canadian tournament! Come on guys, Niagara tournament on November 8th! do it do it do it.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
ally only plays on wifi though, that's not a good basis, there is no way to tell how good he could be. I think I could **** him, but I could be wrong. I'm pretty good vs snake.

idk what this means but i played kingace one MK ditto and 2 stocked him, that's the only time we ever played, it was a friendly.

TKD

Smash Lord
Anyone ever see Ally's Snake in action? That is a Snake being played at it's true potential.

Watch him play, and tell me that this isn't a 55-45 matchup in favor of Snake. Or even at the lowest.
Don't talk about characters please...people matter more. But come to think of it, I don't imagine M2K losing to anything other than another MK.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Don't talk about characters please...people matter more. But come to think of it, I don't imagine M2K losing to anything other than another MK.
What I meant was that because there are so many MK players out there, his potential is being shown far more than anyone elses. Ally is an example of Snake being used at a very high level.

Also, I beg to differ with your last statement. M2K ***** MKs. Hard. Did you even watch the video in the first post? lolz.

I think I could **** him, but I could be wrong.
:laugh: You're probably right, but I'd still love to see you face him someday. It would be really entertaining. Canada's best versus America's best.

Grondos

Smash Cadet
Ally vs M2K would be amazing. I believe M2K would win, but I think Ally would put up a good fight.

Timbers

check me out
ally only plays on wifi though, that's not a good basis, there is no way to tell how good he could be.
He played like, one tournament in Canada, and everyone now uses that as "proof" that he's amazing off of wifi.

Like, I don't want to offend anyone, but I mean, Canada's hyping Ally up the same way Texas did to Dojo, and we know how that turned out.

Deoxys

Smash Lord
Hasn't M2k said multiple times that pretty much nobody's Snake gives his MK a hard time, though?

Besides, pvp =/= character matchup.
Maybe before (I don't remember), but not anymore. When it's PvP with the best in the world v a pro, it kind of does = character matchup... At least it's highly indicative.

Don't smoke pot, M2K. It gives you headaches and smells like rotten meat.
You should probably double check that that wasn't actually rotten meat... Weed shouldn't smell like that. Also, alcohol makes headaches go away, haha.

That match with Ally and KingAce was enjoyable to watch, but KingAce really has to work on his tornadoing... I can't help but feel I would have won against Ally on that stage, the way he was playing.

TechnoMonster

Smash Ace
To be fair, Ally has wifi losses to players like SK92, who is about 10 spots down from M2K on some international rankings.

OverLade

Smash Hero
To be fair, Ally has wifi losses to players like SK92, who is about 10 spots down from M2K on some international rankings.
MK vs. Snake is different than MK vs. Falco. Best Falco in the nation vs. Best Snake and Best MK in the nation vs. Best Snake will go different.

And I'm pretty sure in general Ally beats SK92.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Deikn7eSfo

Of course this is on Wifi, but the point is, SK92 and Ally have an almost perfect connection (I think SK92 said it was green or yellow) and SK92 only wins 2 matches. Of course there were no CP's or anything, but saying this doesn't prove Ally is a monster is just ignorant.

CO18

Smash Hero
You cant really consider wifi losses, Im talking about ally in general in terms of offline too.

Ally also 3-1ed Azen and 2 stocked him 2/3 of the matches on (wifi) and azen is basically only 1 spot down from m2k in terms rankings lol.

People still can lose, its not like m2k has never lost thats not a good comparison.

Top Bottom