• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

M2k vs Dojo (vid inside)

Grondos

Smash Cadet
M2K, you should make a topic somewhere asking if anyone lives near you that would like to play you lol.

aeghrur

Smash Champion
M2K, be outgoing at school, get a friend, teach him brawl, and make another top level brawl player. It'll take like, 3 months max. Cmon it's brawl, lol. And your M2k

OverLade

Smash Hero
no one comes to visit

friends? i don't have many "friends", at least no convenient ones for daily playing. Brawl is so depressing, I'm glad I don't have to ever play it and can just rely on melee ability to win. Same type of game.
If I lived near you I'd be over every ****ing day to play. I don't see why people who live near you wouldn't want to learn from the best.

The_Blue_Bomber

Smash Journeyman
no one comes to visit

friends? i don't have many "friends", at least no convenient ones for daily playing.
God I wish that I lived near you, seriously I would come over and play EVERY single day if you wanted. I may not be in the same league as you but, the best way to learn, is to learn from the best :)

hyperstation

Smash Lord
Reading this thread was so depressing.

When I watched the video, I saw a confident, talented Brawl player (two of them, actually), but when I read all of the posts that M2K made and the responses which followed from the legions of salivating fans, it was just down right disturbing.

M2K - This woe-is-me sh*t is insane. I'm not sure how old you are or how much life experience you have, but I've got news for you, pal. This type of self-loathing pity trip sh*t is so childish. This is the same impulse of human condition that a baby exerts when he needs his *** wiped by mommy. There will come a certain point in your life when you're going to have to make decisive changes to your attitude and holistic outlook or you'll end up in a real sh*tty spot. It's better if this realization comes sooner rather than later, so take control and rear yourself into shape, and be a better person for it.

From the evidence contained in your posts herein, it seems likely that you're acting the way you do in anticipation of your own intended result, and it relates to the way in which you use the fundamental mediator of human condition: language. Obviously, there's a certain b*stardization (I can't believe this word is censored) of language that occurs on the internet which distills it down to it's bare essence, devoid of all it's nuance such as intonation, inflection, sarcasm, etc., but nonetheless, the things you write and the posture with which you write them tell me that you're doing something of which you're incredibly conscious; you're manipulating. There's a consistency to your depressed, angst-filled writing, but there's also a consistency to the intention behind this tone. For instance, here's a paraphrased example of an idea which runs through many of your posts: "I hate this game and I hardly play it because it's so bad. Now how do YOU feel knowing that I'm leagues better than you even though I despise every moment that I spend playing this game? The peach colored text is what is said, the green text is the manipulative implication. What happens here is that you're trying to pull an emotional response which might in some way make you feel good about yourself. This functions on multiple levels. First, you get the immediate gratification of someone saying "but jeez you're the best!" Second - and this is really the payoff - you get the satisfaction of having duped someone into complimenting you. But further, it has nothing to do with the fact you've been complimented, but rather just that you've duped someone. I suffer, so if I make someone else suffer similarly, I will feel better. It's basic Sadomasochism, and this is something you should read about if you haven't already. I recommend this in earnest, not in jest, because it's something that is actually very important in the understanding of the basic human condition.

To everyone else here - Look, we can respect M2K's esteemed abilities as a smash player, but that doesn't mean we have to choke down the way in which he treats other people. The MK I see in the video posted here is really something incredible, and I can learn so much from the things the video reveals. I can better myself as a smash player by watching this video. Conversely, I would hope that M2K is capable and willing to learn something from people in his community, the smash community, about how to better himself off screen.

It's obvious that I have no right to tell anyone else how to go about their life, but seeing this interaction unfold moved me to do so. It's sad to me that a tightly knit community of competitors seem to learn so much from the interaction their virtual avatars have on screen, but when they put down the controllers, all too often the learning stops like there's nothing more to be gained.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Reading this thread was so depressing.

When I watched the video, I saw a confident, talented Brawl player (two of them, actually), but when I read all of the posts that M2K made and the responses which followed from the legions of salivating fans, it was just down right disturbing.

M2K - This woe-is-me sh*t is insane. I'm not sure how old you are or how much life experience you have, but I've got news for you, pal. This type of self-loathing pity trip sh*t is so childish. This is the same impulse of human condition that a baby exerts when he needs his *** wiped by mommy. There will come a certain point in your life when you're going to have to make decisive changes to your attitude and holistic outlook or you'll end up in a real sh*tty spot. It's better if this realization comes sooner rather than later, so take control and rear yourself into shape, and be a better person for it.

From the evidence contained in your posts herein, it seems likely that you're acting the way you do in anticipation of your own intended result, and it relates to the way in which you use the fundamental mediator of human condition: language. Obviously, there's a certain b*stardization (I can't believe this word is censored) of language that occurs on the internet which distills it down to it's bare essence, devoid of all it's nuance such as intonation, inflection, sarcasm, etc., but nonetheless, the things you write and the posture with which you write them tell me that you're doing something of which you're incredibly conscious; you're manipulating. There's a consistency to your depressed, angst-filled writing, but there's also a consistency to the intention behind this tone. For instance, here's a paraphrased example of an idea which runs through many of your posts: "I hate this game and I hardly play it because it's so bad. Now how do YOU feel knowing that I'm leagues better than you even though I despise every moment that I spend playing this game? The peach colored text is what is said, the green text is the manipulative implication. What happens here is that you're trying to pull an emotional response which might in some way make you feel good about yourself. This functions on multiple levels. First, you get the immediate gratification of someone saying "but jeez you're the best!" Second - and this is really the payoff - you get the satisfaction of having duped someone into complimenting you. But further, it has nothing to do with the fact you've been complimented, but rather just that you've duped someone. I suffer, so if I make someone else suffer similarly, I will feel better. It's basic Sadomasochism, and this is something you should read about if you haven't already. I recommend this in earnest, not in jest, because it's something that is actually very important in the understanding of the basic human condition.

To everyone else here - Look, we can respect M2K's esteemed abilities as a smash player, but that doesn't mean we have to choke down the way in which he treats other people. The MK I see in the video posted here is really something incredible, and I can learn so much from the things the video reveals. I can better myself as a smash player by watching this video. Conversely, I would hope that M2K is capable and willing to learn something from people in his community, the smash community, about how to better himself off screen.

It's obvious that I have no right to tell anyone else how to go about their life, but seeing this interaction unfold moved me to do so. It's sad to me that a tightly knit community of competitors seem to learn so much from the interaction their virtual avatars have on screen, but when they put down the controllers, all too often the learning stops like there's nothing more to be gained.
Was this really necessary? >_>

I think your interpretation is a lil off though. I think a part of M2K resents being so good at brawl, or to be more specific resents the way he is going to be viewed because of how good he is. He's humble and self depreciating because he doesn't want people to view him as arrogant, as opposed to subtly bragging.

And after being the king of melee, you can't be surprised he hates brawl. TONS of melee pros hate brawl, so that's not anything to serious.

Way to drift off topic though....

aeghrur

Smash Champion
Poor M2K. :( He really should go out more instead of playing this crappy game known as brawl. :O Or play Brawl+. :D Of course, Sonic makes brawl amazing. :)

aeghrur

Smash Champion
Idk, I'm not really that bitter towards brawl. It just comes off like that because I'm trying to look at it from M2K's point of view, somewhat speak his language.
My idea on why Sonic players like Melee and despise brawl:
Play sonic
Sonic is fast
Players of sonic like fast
Melee is fast
People like melee
(People like fast)x2
Brawl is slow
People hate brawl. :O

Rh1thmz

Smash Journeyman
Why must every single Sonic player be so bitter towards Brawl?
1. Every single Sonic player? That's definitely overexaggeration...and I've not seen any other Sonics say that about Brawl yet. Maybe I'm visiting the wrong threads, but I peruse the Sonic boards since Sonic is a secondary of mine, and I haven't seen bitterness towards Brawl so far.

2. Why must most MK players be so bitter towards Sonic mains? (not necessarily in response to your post)

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
1. Yeah, hyperbole. I just seem to notice more aggression from Sonic mains than other characters...

2. I dunno, I'm not an MK main. The sig is just because I oppose the ban. I'd guess it's because MK players feel really attacked right now because of all the ban-talk. It's only natural they'd be on edge.

Rh1thmz

Smash Journeyman
#2 didn't necessarily refer to the instance in this thread, either. I was just trying to point out how everyone responded to the MK-Sonic matchup discussion announcement by Tenki with "oh, MK can basically win this one half-asleep" and just stopped. I've noticed that whenever we refuse to discuss matchups because we think that MK is above that character, we end up learning later on that the matchup isn't as one sided as we thought. Remember when we thought that MK owned Olimar? or Yoshi? (Just to name a few)

My point is that the MK-Sonic matchup is definitely in MK's favor, but it's not as one sided as we think. Even with the small amount of discussion that has taken place in the Sonic boards about the matchup, they are already finding a few ways to make the matchup not so bad for Sonic. Wouldn't it be a shame to lose to a Sonic just because you didn't know the true underlyings of the matchup, and your opponent did?
I just think that there should be more than 1 MK player discussing the matchup with the Sonics...discussing the matchup would also make discussing it that much easier in our own matchup thread, which would lead to a quick database of information about Sonic in our own thread...-1 character to assess. Sounds good to me.

I just find it dumb how our arrogance leads us to decline free information.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
That definitely does suck. I've lost to Bwett's Yoshi too many times to ever discount a low tier character. If I knew more about the MK/Sonic match, I'd come help with that thread. Alas, I was made for Snake, not MK.

Rh1thmz

Smash Journeyman
Lol the funny thing is that I am the MK discussing the matchup in the Sonic boards...and I don't even have that much experience in the matchup. I was the only MK who was discussing the Yoshi matchup on our boards, too >.>

These people need to learn that low tier characters can win, too...espeically if you aren't familiar with the matchups against them. :/

Top Bottom