• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

M2k vs Dojo (vid inside)

Deoxys

Smash Lord
Dojo seemed like he was trying most of the way into the second stock, if not all of it. At least, I don't notice that he's sandbagging deliberately until the third stock.

Thanks for uploading this, and thanks for letting it be seen M2K & Dojo.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
M2K's MK looks better everytime I see it. His MK is obviously on a much a higher level than other MKs.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
M2K is actually a lot more inventive than people will probably notice. I can see why he didn't want to be recorded. He wants to keep it novel, I wish he'd post more vids, I'm sure there's plenty more tricks he has. Haha.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
M2K is actually a lot more inventive than people will probably notice. I can see why he didn't want to be recorded. He wants to keep it novel, I wish he'd post more vids, I'm sure there's plenty more tricks he has. Haha.
You have no idea....

I played M2K for hours straight and he threatens me daily to keep his playstyle secret >_>...Like...he got so mad at me for posting the GW stuff >_>.

<_< oh shi...here he co

Deoxys

Smash Lord
You have no idea....

I played M2K for hours straight and he threatens me daily to keep his playstyle secret >_>...Like...he got so mad at me for posting the GW stuff >_>.

<_< oh shi...here he co
I hope he'll stop threatening you in a few months so you can share it then. :p

I'll die a sad man if I never get to see all the tricks M2K has up his sleeve with MK (yeah my life is that lame :laugh:).

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
You have no idea....
Nah, I know how much he wants to keep his playstyle under wraps. I was very surprised that he would allow this video to be hosted. A pleasant surprise. I remember when you posted the G&W stuff and how flustered he was over the ordeal. ;)

Deez.

Smash Lord
Nah, I know how much he wants to keep his playstyle under wraps. I was very surprised that he would allow this video to be hosted. A pleasant surprise. I remember when you posted the G&W stuff and how flustered he was over the ordeal. ;)

yeah i can see where m2k is coming from. when i play other games and see the way i play is working why tell anyone or let them know how i play.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
He probably doesn't want the common folk to realize just how scary MK can be.....If all the MK's started picking up his techniques.........whoo boy.

His MK is **** though, Dojo is good but he looked completely outclassed in this match.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Yeah mew2king is amazing, I want him to shred ally to end all the rumors on how good ally would do if he competeted in american tourneys

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
m2k MK just keeps it simple but *****. spacing and timing too goods.

Irow

Smash Ace
I say he pick up Falcon, haha.

But in seriousness, I wish I could see more of M2K - He plays so crisply and amazing.

I can see why he doesn't want people to copy his stuff.

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
M2K shows some interesting things in this video. It seems like Dojo expects a lot of lag after M2K fsmashes, but he immediately uses f-tilt. Or the (obvious) tornado when Dojo tries to recover. M2K also uses a reverse shuttle loop that ends on the edge. This video really shows us some interesting techniques. I can't stand not being able to battle/train with such an outstanding opponent, I am sure I could learn a lot from M2k.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
I remember posting in the Texas thread saying things like, "You guys have no idea how good M2K is. He'll win easily." And I wasn't even trying to be mean. I genuinely was excited for M2K to go to Texas so everybody could see him play since he's that good. I'm glad some people now at least have a vid to watch. :)

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
He really shows how much room there is for character growth. I would really like to see more people bring their character of choice to this level.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
You have no idea....

<_< oh shi...here he co
You really should spill everything you know.

It'd be funny to see M2K squirm.

napZzz

Smash Hero
Yeah mew2king is amazing, I want him to shred ally to end all the rumors on how good ally would do if he competeted in american tourneys
lololololololol

that would be an epic match, although I'm sure ally could hold his own (maybe)

Deoxys

Smash Lord
Ooooh, now I see when the sandbagging really starts. Dojo, you disguised it really well! It wasn't obvious until the last stock, which just disguised it better by creating the possibility that M2K might think "okay, he's given up and he's sandbagging now." You actually started sandbagging at 70% on the first stock, right? It seems like you try again from 40% until 70% on the second stock and then go back to sandbagging.

Wait, so according to OS, M2K could have DI'd out of Dojo's Fair every time?

Grondos

Smash Cadet
I don't know when Dojo's sandbagging started, he just said he was in the other topic. I think the topic title is "Links to Mew2king videos" or something, it's in this metaknight forum.

Either way he gets 2 stocked most of the time when he's not sandbagging. M2K is too smart.

Deoxys

Smash Lord
lololololololol

that would be an epic match, although I'm sure ally could hold his own (maybe)
I've never seen ally play, but the mere fact that M2K doesn't want all his tech spilled tells me that he wouldn't stand a chance. I mean if this Ally guy was in videos doing all the tricks M2K has, M2K wouldn't have anything to hide. Besides, if you live in Europe can you really get as good as a pro American Brawler?

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
I've never seen ally play, but the mere fact that M2K doesn't want all his tech spilled tells me that he wouldn't stand a chance. I mean if this Ally guy was in videos doing all the tricks M2K has, M2K wouldn't have anything to hide. Besides, if you live in Europe can you really get as good as a pro American Brawler?
I am sure most european players are a lot better than the average american brawl player (competitive).

Freezewish

Smash Ace

Ally lives in canada not europe. And also m2k's mk is too good.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
I don't get why M2K is hiding this. I mean, there really doesn't seem to be all that much to analyze. M2K knows the exact qualities of every MK attack, uses a lot of variety, and takes many short pauses to analyze his opponent. Even if we understood the finer points of his style, I doubt we have the character understanding and opponent-analyzing ability to capitalize on it.

I'd want M2K to say this himself, but the most notable thing about his style is apparently he needs short pauses where he is not being harrassed to think, and he needs a lot of them.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
that's not true at all

im glad only 1 thing got recorded if these are the conclusions you make, since it hardly shows anything

you should prolly take the vid down now, i knew ppl would be dumb

if you're just going to say you sandbagged then don't bother playing me, which i believe is a lie anyway, since you walked away right away even though I asked to play more games, then told leeharris that you got 3 stocked, obviously mad about it, and every friendly that wasn't close which was most of them you always seem to be mad too. I wasn't trying to analyze anything, I don't like playing sandbaggers, and I also don't like liars, and from what I know most likely it was one or the other. This is another reason why I don't want it up, and now would like it taken down, so when you see this message take it down asap, thx.

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
I don't get why M2K is hiding this. I mean, there really doesn't seem to be all that much to analyze. M2K knows the exact qualities of every MK attack, uses a lot of variety, and takes many short pauses to analyze his opponent. Even if we understood the finer points of his style, I doubt we have the character understanding and opponent-analyzing ability to capitalize on it.

I'd want M2K to say this himself, but the most notable thing about his style is apparently he needs short pauses where he is not being harrassed to think, and he needs a lot of them.
It's pretty easy to see which attacks damage Dojo. Just stop the vid, rewind, check what happened before Dojo got hit by that attack and analyze. If Dojo gets hit by the same attack a lot, you know what's the problem.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
that's not true at all

im glad only 1 thing got recorded if these are the conclusions you make, since it hardly shows anything

you should prolly take the vid down now, i knew ppl would be dumb
If it's not to think, then why do both you and Azen take all those pauses between attacks where you just, you know, kinda stand there? I almost never see that anywhere else.

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
If it's not to think, then why do both you and Azen take all those pauses between attacks where you just, you know, kinda stand there? I almost never see that anywhere else.
Because they have a defensive play style. They might want to counteract. I mean, this is really obvious. I am sure there are other reasons, but it's not that hard.

I hope you won't take this down M2K, no one will beat you with your own style as long as you'll keep attending tournaments, trust me.

Top Bottom