• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

m2k combo

grandmaster192

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5457-3748
if you glide straight down just before you land, you still have the range of the glide attack, but you don't have the momentum. It's like spacing a short hop tipper fair with marth in melee.

also i don't think any uair combos that you can use will be more damaging than this, nair -> f tilt is really good
Thanks for that info about the glide attack. Not having the momentum makes the glide 10x safer. It's been about a month since I did this combo, so I'm not sure, but I recall it doing around 45% or something close to that.

If you link uairs together out of the glide attack, it not only does comparable damage, it can put your opponet in a very bad situation. You do not want to be above a MetaKnight...

The Uair combos might not be more damaging, but it's still good to have option for different situations and it never hurts to know more combos. :)

bludhoundz

Smash Ace
Uair combos are easier to escape if seen coming though.

Even if you saw M2k's combo coming, once he hits you with the beginning you're pretty much fated to be hit by the rest.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
One question. will this combo work for DDD? I only ask because even if you possibly push him back with the glide attack, he still has a stupid grab range he has.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i really have to say i like real meta mainers now...
you guys have possibly the best player in the world giving you advice, and you discuss/debate it with him, thats awesome. i love how you guys dont just take his word for it. you go out look at it for yourself and try to come back with something better.

there are some boards that i have been on *coughcoughmarthcoughcough*where if the best player *coughemblemlordcough*talks, the rest of the boards agrees without question and shuns anyone who doesnt, like mindless sheep. keep up the good work ppl...

P.S. MK is still fruity in this game

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
i really have to say i like real meta mainers now...
you guys have possibly the best player in the world giving you advice, and you discuss/debate it with him, thats awesome. i love how you guys dont just take his word for it. you go out look at it for yourself and try to come back with something better.

there are some boards that i have been on *coughcoughmarthcoughcough*where if the best player *coughemblemlordcough*talks, the rest of the boards agrees without question and shuns anyone who doesnt, like mindless sheep. keep up the good work ppl...

P.S. MK is still fruity in this game
Debate and questioning is always good.

However, they should test **** before they talk >_<. Happens on all the boards. Little johnny thinkshespro comes along and tells how he does it.. and it doesn't work.

Actually not that bad in this thread, and I've always slanted my glides down, but this combo is good, thanks.

RATED

Smash Lord
i often just cancel my glide right in their face and then immediately grab, it works extremely well, but that has nothing to do with the fact that those 3 moves, glide attack short hop nair f tilt, links together

just the fact that you can combo them together at low % for landing a glide attack is really useful to know >_>
I do that often agaisnt snake at a range that he can't hit me with his up tilt and I come then with a grab or a tornado. lol yesterday I lost against a snake in a tourney who's name is DSL.

but I am practicing to get better.

Binx

Smash Master
Well, if M2K says something is true it probably is, because he tests things like no one else. So yeah, in melee when he taught me how to do a barrel roll with Fox, totally changed the way I played the game.

boss8

Smash Hero
Teach me how to play the mario. He's a fun character to play. ^.^
really nothing to it actually mario is fun to play (obviously) and his cape got upgraded.....and his combo's are ridicoulous i will teach you later for now.....im goona go practice for this saturday...im trying to place high with mario...which is like **** near impossiable...but i can make it happen....

sagemoon

Smash Lord
For the first variation I normally do the same except after the nair I dtilt x2 and run in for a grab. If the 2nd dtilt trips then I get the grab no matter what, if not then people normally dont know how to spot dodge (instead they always expect a 3rd dtilt and put up the shield) but yeah anyways after grab do a down throw (forward on some characters) and follow up w/ a fair or nair (depending on DI) it does a little more damage than the last variation.

vato_break

Smash Master
really nothing to it actually mario is fun to play (obviously) and his cape got upgraded.....and his combo's are ridicoulous i will teach you later for now.....im goona go practice for this saturday...im trying to place high with mario...which is like **** near impossiable...but i can make it happen....
woohoo go boss

samai

Smash Apprentice
Umm this thread kind of steered away from the original discussion but down throw to up b then the m2k combo could work

EDIT: only works on big characters

Top Bottom