• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

m2k combo

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
i made this combo up months ago but never told anyone, i do it all the time to many chars at 0% or really low %

glide attack, short hop nair (so it hits twice, also make sure to do the nair ASAP and fast fall ASAP), then F Tilt

it's a legit combo if you do it right, it usually does about 41-45%

keep in mind that they can shield grab this, however glide attack has so much hitstun if you actually hit them that you can space the glide attack so they can't shield grab you, but also have enough time that if you do hit them, you can run up to them and short hop fast fall nair (if you short hop nair right away, and fast fall right away, you're doing this the best possible). I usually do my F tilts slowly because there's plenty of time for it all to combo and I can see if I hit them or missed/if they blocked while I'm doing my first hit of F tilt.

here's another trick i use

stand in the middle of a stage (on most stages), and dash grab Snake so that you're near the edge, then keep grab attacking Snake until he falls out of your hands. When he does, dash off the stage and Nair to intercept Snake's double jump. Snake is forced to up B, so double jump Nair him 2-3 more times (it does a lot of damage if it hits twice, and it's strong enough to always hit Snake off his up B even while deteriorated), and finish off with either a full powered Dair (as long as the dair isn't deteriorated it hits snake off his up B) or an up B (Snake's cypher will hit MK so MK doesn't suicide), then use MKs forward B back onto the ledge.

another thing I like to do is double jump Dair camp a lot, then tornado the top of people's heads as I'm running out of jumps (assuming they don't angle their shield upward to avoid this)

DFEAR

Smash Hero
just helpd my game with snake ty ^.^ got more kills faster this way ty.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
stand in the middle of a stage (on most stages), and dash grab Snake so that you're near the edge, then keep grab attacking Snake until he falls out of your hands. When he does, dash off the stage and Nair to intercept Snake's double jump. Snake is forced to up B, so double jump Nair him 2-3 more times (it does a lot of damage if it hits twice, and it's strong enough to always hit Snake off his up B even while deteriorated), and finish off with either a full powered Dair (as long as the dair isn't deteriorated it hits snake off his up B) or an up B (Snake's cypher will hit MK so MK doesn't suicide), then use MKs forward B back onto the ledge.
I've been doing this for a while, it's especially good against larger characters when you replace the neutral air with a down tilt/several down tilts instead. i.e DeDeDe players who like to jump early.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
BTW I don't care what anyone says but without gimps, Snake easily has the advantage vs MK, because you can just grenade camp and it's stupid

anyone that says otherwise is wrong -.-
I was kinda thinking a little otherwise lately, could you elaborate?

Shears

Smash Master
i made this combo up months ago but never told anyone, i do it all the time to many chars at 0% or really low %

glide attack, short hop nair (so it hits twice), then F Tilt

just so everyone knows, i know who mew2king is and im not trying to discredit him, i dont want some ***gots getting queer on me. anyway, problem here is glide attack can be shielded, then a roll away to avoid the nair and that puts the ftilt out of range. i know alot of metaknights dsmash out of glide attack because of its quickness and noobs habitually spam that with MK, which can be shielded or shieldgrabbed. now if spaced correctly, most characters cant shield grab the glide attack and because of no shield stun in brawl they could roll or sidestep the nair, but what i like to do (when spaced properly) is grab after glide attack. with MKs great grab range, and the lagless land after a glide attack, MK can outgrab almost any character with this (thats if its shielded) because this combo is avoidable. im just letting this option out there seeing as mew2king decided to share his stuff i figured id throw in an option i dont see many metaknights use.

maybe if you kiddies are good, ill share some of my own metaknight tricks...

waks

Smash Journeyman
BTW I don't care what anyone says but without gimps, Snake easily has the advantage vs MK, because you can just grenade camp and it's stupid

anyone that says otherwise is wrong -.-
True, its hard to kill Snake directly with MK. Most kills from MK to Snake will be coming off from gimps.

CO18

Smash Hero
just so everyone knows, i know who mew2king is and im not trying to discredit him, i dont want some ***gots getting queer on me. anyway, problem here is glide attack can be shielded, then a roll away to avoid the nair and that puts the ftilt out of range. i know alot of metaknights dsmash out of glide attack because of its quickness and noobs habitually spam that with MK, which can be shielded or shieldgrabbed. now if spaced correctly, most characters cant shield grab the glide attack and because of no shield stun in brawl they could roll or sidestep the nair, but what i like to do (when spaced properly) is grab after glide attack. with MKs great grab range, and the lagless land after a glide attack, MK can outgrab almost any character with this (thats if its shielded) because this combo is avoidable. im just letting this option out there seeing as mew2king decided to share his stuff i figured id throw in an option i dont see many metaknights use.

maybe if you kiddies are good, ill share some of my own metaknight tricks...
Err doy. Any attack can be shielded so what ur saying is that there will never be any combos.

Obviously it can be shielded its just that when you do attack them you can do that combo and its unescapable apparently.(havent tried it myself)

Shears

Smash Master
Err doy. Any attack can be shielded so what ur saying is that there will never be any combos.

Obviously it can be shielded its just that when you do attack them you can do that combo and its unescapable apparently.(havent tried it myself)
no i know that but anyone with MK experience will expect a glide attack when a metaknight is gliding, so they will shield it, or sidestep it, whatever but they will avoid the glide attack. now im just saying as an alternative option if the glide attack is shielded and you cant follow up the nair to ftilt, grabbing is an option that i dont see many metaknights using. theres alot of tricks i dont see any metaknights using, but i think ill hold on to those for a little while longer.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
i often just cancel my glide right in their face and then immediately grab, it works extremely well, but that has nothing to do with the fact that those 3 moves, glide attack short hop nair f tilt, links together

just the fact that you can combo them together at low % for landing a glide attack is really useful to know >_>

Froth

Smash Journeyman
You need to get more of your mk videos on youtube >_>
i've been studying your techniques...

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
If they dont perfect shield it, which alot of people do now, the stun time should let you grab first.
Nope. I've tried this in a lot of different ways been grabbed by DeDeDe and the Ice Climbers too many times, all they have to do is shield then grab you while you're still in the air. Even if you do the attack as close to the ground as possible while hitting them and not autocancelling they can just grab you if you're within grab range.

On the other hand, going PAST them then doing a pivot grab is amazing :p

Santi

Smash Lord
Must be nice to have a prophet share his wisdom with yall.

M2K wanna main Toon Link??
:D

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Nope. I've tried this in a lot of different ways been grabbed by DeDeDe and the Ice Climbers too many times, all they have to do is shield then grab you while you're still in the air. Even if you do the attack as close to the ground as possible while hitting them and not autocancelling they can just grab you if you're within grab range.

On the other hand, going PAST them then doing a pivot grab is amazing :p
M2K said he CANCELS the glide then grabs, as in he fakes out his opponent by pressing B then quickly grabs before his opponent can react.

Dojo

Smash Champion
**** you dallas grabbers :p

I still think if you do it at the right time, you should have absolutely no lag. Meh, what do I know... =\

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
**** you dallas grabbers :p

I still think if you do it at the right time, you should have absolutely no lag. Meh, what do I know... =\
When you hit their shield with your glide attack it makes you lag longer than it makes them lag, giving them the opportunity to grab you. It sucks =/

Staco

Smash Champion
glide attack, directly tornado
it works ;)
alternate for dsmash inseat of tornado
tornado comes out like hell
look at the thread I posted :p

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
thats so epic. thanks m2k. when trying to hit withought getting grabed or dmge i also 2x jump dair camp to nado. i really like ur snake tactics and the nair usage

ggs

J-Money

Smash Apprentice
i hear another thing you like to do is win tournaments. and lots of them. how about sharing that combo with us

zaf

Smash Lord

glide attack, short hop nair (so it hits twice, also make sure to do the nair ASAP and fast fall ASAP), then F Tilt

keep in mind that they can shield grab this, however glide attack has so much hitstun if you actually hit them that you can space the glide attack so they can't shield grab you, but also have enough time that if you do hit them, you can run up to them and short hop fast fall nair (if you short hop nair right away, and fast fall right away, you're doing this the best possible). I usually do my F tilts slowly because there's plenty of time for it all to combo and I can see if I hit them or missed/if they blocked while I'm doing my first hit of F tilt.
been testing this out this morning. It seems that nair will only hit twice if it is sweet spotted? Im not sure about this, maybe it is just me. But the alternative i have found to this is: after the glide attack, turn around quickly ( since you have time from the short stun frames) and then shff nair. It always does the 2 hits. Then you can follow up with the ftilt. MK is fast enough to do this and still get it off. I think it sweet spots better backwards cuz of the animation and how the sword is actually spinning.

If you could possibly confirm this or not, it would be great.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
shuffle nair is basically what i just said, nair right away and fast fall right away >_>

you don't need to turn around at all, if you land ON TOP OF THEM or INSIDE THEM the nair will hit twice, you can even do things like edge hog DDD after he up Bs, land on top of him during his landing lag, and short hop nair so the bottom of the nair hits DDD, and it almost always hits twice up until mid 100s or so.

grandmaster192

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5457-3748
This is probably the most basic combo out of the glide attack.

MetaKnight can do things that lead to massive combos if you land a glide attack at low 0%. The only problem is glide attack is not safe. I use to do this combo a lot, until I started getting my glide attack punished.

I just stick to spacing and camping behind fairs, bairs, and dairs until there's an opening. I don't see any reason to try and rush people. I like to be safe with MetaKnight.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
if you glide straight down just before you land, you still have the range of the glide attack, but you don't have the momentum. It's like spacing a short hop tipper fair with marth in melee.

also i don't think any uair combos that you can use will be more damaging than this, nair -> f tilt is really good

Top Bottom