• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi QA - RIP Mark Dunstan "Marky-Mark"

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
It's really fun watching Falcons move all over the stage doing moves from full screen away while still moving back despite being full screen away.

Also, I think I just hallucinated because I saw all the avatars displayed as MacGyver.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
It's really fun watching Falcons move all over the stage doing moves from full screen away while still moving back despite being full screen away.

Also, I think I just hallucinated because I saw all the avatars displayed as MacGyver.
<div onmouseover="var doc = document.getElementsByTagName('img'); for (var i = 0; i < doc.length; i++){ if ((doc.src.indexOf('image.php?u=') > 0) || (doc.src.indexOf('avatar') > 0)) {doc.src='http://www.beefpile.com/gnarler/pages/blog/pix/series2/macgyver.jpg';}}" >I wonder how that could have happened. :estatic::grin::colorful:</div>

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Falcon's gay.

:)
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
I agree. Falcon's cheap.
Wut??? I thought you <3'd Falcon players. =(
yea falcon is exciting to watch and stuff, but i do think he's about as 'gay' of a character as most top tiers.. maybe not as gay or lame as sheik or something but still. Ridiculous amounts of dash-dance camping coupled with inescapable zero to death combos on tons of characters
Eat a ****. :mad:

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
Falcon is pretty sweet when he's the underdog fighting against the gayness of fox/falco/sheik.

Falcon is pretty gay to floaty characters though. This includes Luigi. He can 0-death Luigi off like any move and his combo starting moves are really safe. Luigi can combo falcon if he doesn't DI/tech or if he guesses correctly on techs 2+ times.

hot$

Smash Ace
I'm sure this has been asked before but,

Anyway, Any advice or tips agaisnt a marth? My friend plays marth, and for some reason i struggle so bad against him.
Thanks.

Oracle

Smash Master
It's to retardedly difficult to time, even then it's horribly obvious and you can meteor cancel it.

Also while I agree falcon is a tad gay, KK, you play shiek. Your opinion on homosexuality is invalid.

Eddy 007

Smash Apprentice
Probably all of you already know that doing the side b like a smash attack will make luigi go a little further ( i found it after 3 years of playing luigi in tournaments >_>)

Winston

Smash Master
On Dreamland, how do I deal with a fox who platform camps? The fox can avoid being on the ground for the most part, where Luigi is the most mobile, and the height of the platforms + luigi's slow aerial movement seems to keep me from doing anything about this.

Do I just have to out-patience him? Is Dreamland a bad stage vs fox?

Vudujin

Smash Lord
Platform camp with him and stay alert with good spacing. If he's ever above you on a platform, wavedash below like a shark, and space uairs;(make sure the boot just nicks him :)) if you get a hit with one you can generally start a combo on him. I think that stage is pretty balanced between them as far as that concept is concerned. and YES play patiently. Don't make a silly mistake just because Fox is being a fox.

COEY

Smash Lord
Probably all of you already know that doing the side b like a smash attack will make luigi go a little further ( i found it after 3 years of playing luigi in tournaments >_>)
my god why didnt i know this?

thanks alot mate :)

dragnet4000

Smash Apprentice
What stages are good to counterpick/ban Spacies on? I avoid PS facing fox (unless there is some benefit to it?) but other than that, i dont know what stages are good/bad.

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
Depends on your playstyle. This matchup can go either way, quite quickly. <_<

At YS you can hug the wall to avoid getting shinespiked hard, I guess. That and FoD are both good for killing easy peasy.

I like Battlefield for screwing with their recovery (Bair<3).

I don't personally have a set CP for spacies. I've CP'd PS1 before and won. :/

Vist

Smash Champion
personally I like to ban FoD or yoshis since its so small (vs fox at least). Fountain's platforms can really mess with your combos, but getting a kill off the side seems easy enough. Final is great for getting big combos in but approaching falcos might be a challenge XD. Battlefield can really mess with a spacies' recovery (can limit yours also). Dreamland is usually good b/c you can live forever although approaching can be really annoying if they camp platforms. Spacies love cp-ing stadium but its really not that bad if you're cautious about some of the stage transitions plus the ledges are tricky from below which is good if you can force them to recover low.

edit:

actually, banning any terrible non-neutral stages might be the safest thing to do, since any neutral wont be that bad compared to like... rainbow cruise / poke floats / dk 64 ::shrug::

Vist

Smash Champion
lol yea it depends if you're the kinda luigi player that likes to lose to foxes or not

nah but really I pretty much feel the same way. I'm down to play spacies on any stage :cool:

Ch3s

Smash Journeyman
What are some good approaches for link/marth? I dont have trouble with links projectiles, just his sword. Since its one of the few things with longer range than luigis ftilt. What are good approaches, especially for marth since link is laggier

Ch3s

Smash Journeyman
Ok im guessing everyone knows what a PC drop is, where you drop from a platform and jump and pretty much teleport right to the platform. Well i found out it is super easy with luigi (just drop from the platform and jump as soon as your feet cant be seen on top of the platform). So I decided to practice for a while and got it down to like 90% of the time, and you can perform any aerial (dair hitbox doesnt come out though) during it. Kind of like the platform drop nair, except for all the aerials. I did it in a couple matches for tech chasing on platforms, it was pretty cool, anyways just thought id let you guys know... :chuckle:

Edit: I saw this thread http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=274206 and added to my idea above and the results seem promising. Im not sure how many of you do this but it looks like it has potential: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llq9Ef-1lyQ
And i promise its easy to learn

And another of me doing what I do best (beating up things that dont fight back) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpAZ8K3EnO8

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
Pretty nifty, I will have to try that out soon.

Also, I'm gonna be active in the thread again (going to WABA monthlies and weeklies). Go me! ;)

giuocob

Smash Journeyman
We're trying to figure out DK v Luigi in the new matchup thread right now. I have a little bit of DK experience, though I haven't played any really good ones, and it doesn't seem like a particularly bad matchup to me. However, Mexican says it's 70-30 DK, which seems sort of ridiculous. He says Luigi can absolutely NOT make it bast Bair spamming, which automatically loses him the matchup. What do others think about this?

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
ummmmmmmm

what?

I think Luigi ***** the matchup. granted, I might not be the best source on this, but I do remember everyone, including DK, looking completely helpless vs. Luigi in Low Tier tournies back in the day. Like, it doesn't seem that DK can shield in the match without getting shield stabbed by dair, and any time we say ______ spam is unbeatable in this day and age, it's completely ridiculous.

Winston

Smash Master
Isn't the key word in your post "back in the day"?

Just because Luigi is the Sheik of the low tier metagame (i.e., his metagame is the most intuitive/straightforward to develop, at least in low tier land where Luigi's hitboxes are relatively insane) doesn't mean he actually beats all the low tiers.

Top Bottom