• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi QA - RIP Mark Dunstan "Marky-Mark"

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
I feel more helpless against Falco. Ganon is tough but I find falco a little tougher.

1st revision. On second thought, ganon punishment game is WAY harsher than falcos. It is harder to make a mistake against ganon but painful when you do. I might have to think this through a bit more...

pockyD

Smash Legend
fox is everybody's best secondary

if you secondary ICs, what are you going to do when taken to a gay stage?

also ICs blow and don't really have any good matchups in the upper half of characters

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Luigi does fine against Ganon if you know the matchup... like 55/45 in Ganon's favor imo. Luigi has the speed to get inside after Ganon wiff's an aerial and can combo him with relative ease. Dair is a great edgeguard, not that you have to get too creative to edgeguard Ganon lol.

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
I dont find Ganons too threatening. Then again i do have a sheik. then again Luigi does have lots of speed up on ganon. then again Ganon can kill luigi pretty quick with those fairs. Then again...Falco is worse he's speedy and lasery and shiny. ewwww.

Vist

Smash Champion
Fox/Shiek are def good secondaries but IMO falco is too.

Ganon is definitely a rough matchup for luigi but it's not a matchup that gets played very often at a real high level ::shrug::. Unless you could pretty much call your secondary your 'other main' or something, I'd just stick it out with luigi vs ganon if you do run into one in tournament. Chances are the ganon is gonna be beastly and will be familiar enough with any other character you throw at him.

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
if you do have tons of trouble with Ganon, use sheik. She'll get it done. But i think Luigi can do fine here if you play one step ahead of the Ganon. lol actually i have used the fireball here to a good effect. it surprises them.

Vudujin

Smash Lord
I'm not certain that this is the best place to ask. But it's something I'd figure pakman might know.

Whats the most pragmatic choice for a secondary for luigi? (Tier whoring included) Or is it in one's best interest just to get better at luigi and tough it out?
Pick Ness, he's too good

The only character I think is actually worth watching out for is Sheik.

People don't like Marth, Falco, Fox, Falcon, Ganon, stuff like that...but I don't think they're even bad matchups for the most part.

Falco is easy enough to deal with. You can keep on him to the point where he can't lazer or even SH without getting punished. You can out maneuver him easy so just play smart, don't get hit and hit him. It's really not that hard. Easy to combo, easy to gimp, easy to avoid his combos (that he has on everyone) and easy to survive to high % if you don't fall for a silly Bair/fsmash>edgeguard. Shield, he can't do anything out of grabs. I have more Falco practice than anything and he doesn't even phase me anymore. A better player than me will win, a worse will lose. Falco is even with Luigi for all I care. LOL

Ganon isn't a very good character. Not in the sense that he can't do well or win against good players when played well, just that he doesn't have much to him. It all comes down to predict and punish, mainly for the Ganon predicting the approach, like against anyone. He's very straight forward and reading him is easy so everyone can do it and it won't get you an edge in a match. You just need to not get read yourself. If you can avoid being read enough, and don't do anything ridiculous (like try overreading[which is what a lot of people do]) he can't mix things up enough beat you. Goes for every character.

Marth needs spacing. Luigi can make it hard for Marth to space. I've had several Marths actually tell me how hard I was to space against in matches, use your speed and range. Together it > Marths speed and range. *tru fax*

Fox is a tough one, for everyone. Specifically if you have a tendancy to get shined or jump into upsmashes. Try not to lol

Falcon can be annoying but he's completely manageable. A good Falcon can beast anyone if he knows the matchup, Luigi's no exception.

Sheik is gay... grabs you everywhere, combos everything, edgeguards like crazy, ftilts your ftilts, annoying. You need to ATTACK and COMBO. Don't let her pressure you, attack HER. You will get punished, but you HAVE to approach and move lots, she'll corner a Fox, so she can corner you even easier. Don't let her!!

ICs suck, don't use them LOL
Ganon wouldn't benefit Luigi much as a 2ndary. Luigi has spammable mixups, speed and options. Ganon has spammable aerials to mix up. That's about it LOL

Almost anyone makes a good 2ndary.

I'm using pretty much 10 characters on shuffle right now. Whoever I feel like at the time really.
And of EVERY individual character, I have more trouble playing Luigi after others than anyone. He's a really messed up character.

DDing with Marth or Falcon into grabs and SFFLed aerials then WDing with weegee into shield and ftilts is a tough change.

Staying airborn with Peach or Jiggs and gimping way off stage then SH WLanding aerials with weegee and barely getting back to the stage is a tough change.

Staying defensive with quick pressuring attacks and short WDs with Shiek and Samus then approaching and flying away with weegee is a tough change.

No character can be compared to STYLE OF PLAY with Luigi. Sure combos or edgeguarding or approaching tactics, but not a style. The way he's defensive, aggressive, pressuring, spacing, camping, all of that and none of that at the same time or not at all.

Luigi is ****ed up.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
i love vist cause he beat mango at pound 3, thus verifying my suspicion that Luigi is good against puff (preemptive rebuttal to Pakman: SINGLE MATCHES TOTALLY PROVE MATCHUPS AND NO, YOU'RE STUPID!)

I think Bowser and Kirby are also stupid easy for Luigi.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I dont find Ganons too threatening. Then again i do have a sheik. then again Luigi does have lots of speed up on ganon. then again Ganon can kill luigi pretty quick with those fairs. Then again...Falco is worse he's speedy and lasery and shiny. ewwww.
Fight me, then you'll see some real threat.

Vist

Smash Champion
i love vist cause he beat mango at pound 3, thus verifying my suspicion that Luigi is good against puff (preemptive rebuttal to Pakman: SINGLE MATCHES TOTALLY PROVE MATCHUPS AND NO, YOU'RE STUPID!)

I think Bowser and Kirby are also stupid easy for Luigi.
lmao

I'd probably agree with bowser for the most part cept for warriorknight :dizzy:

rofl you ganons bullying us with your jabs and stuff

I'll be ready for you guys when the time comes lol

You make other Ganon players look like cheese...
But Ganon is still cheese, so you're no threat. :p

Come back to WC for May, or MM me in April when I'm there.
I'll wreck you this time, it's been a while you noob. ;)

7 MMs, all Bo5 over a weekend. Winner gets bragging rights for Weegee vs Ganothing in Canada. You got Ka, you won't get canananada weegees FOO!
:lick:

Divinokage

Smash Legend
You make other Ganon players look like cheese...
But Ganon is still cheese, so you're no threat. :p

Come back to WC for May, or MM me in April when I'm there.
I'll wreck you this time, it's been a while you noob. ;)

7 MMs, all Bo5 over a weekend. Winner gets bragging rights for Weegee vs Ganothing in Canada. You got Ka, you won't get canananada weegees FOO!
:lick:
Wait in April? What's happening in April?

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
I am sad. Luigi killed my pichu. I beat chivalruse's ICs which he has been working on for a longtime twice with pichu, then he though for a long time about what could win and picked luigi even though he has never played luigi before. and two stocked me. Twice.

Luigi easily ***** the pants off pichu.

Ch3s

Smash Journeyman
Pichu seems like more of an appetizer, not big enough for a breakfast.

Ch3s

Smash Journeyman
In the interest of avoiding total noobiness, i suppose i will add that I was joking. Axe beats me cause he hax the game, I know this already. :)

Luigi reminds me of Sheik sometimes.

For one, he kind of demolishes most top tier/really good characters in a sexy fashion
fixed the post for you :)
Yeah Luigi eats Melee for breakfast.
fixed the post for you too :)
I am glad. Luigi killed everything. I beat everyone's characters which they had been working on for a longtime multiple times, then when they think for a second about what could win and pick luigi even though they probably never played luigi before. they two stocked me. ALL DAY!

Luigi easily ***** the pants off doc, mario, bowser, peach, yoshi, dk, falcon, ganon, fox, falco, ics, ness, kirby, samus, zelda, shiek, link, ylink, roy, marth, jiggs, mewtwo, pika, pichu, g&w and even other luigis...
MAJOR fixes on your post :bee:

Cause matchups <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Luigi
Tru Fax

Everything makes sense to me reading these now :lick:

AyatoK26

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kaminakid
Is there a thread for jump-punch's kill percentages? Kinda hate jump-punching only to see opponents come back down for another one >.<

Top Bottom