• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~Lucario Match-Up Chart/Discussion- Rotation Eighteen: Olimar~

dj_pwn1423

Smash Journeyman
dthrow. i cannot emphasise enough, always roll away from snake. roll backwards and either get chaingrabbed or fsmashed.... get up / attack and youre going to get grabbed again or ftilted. maybe even SH dair'ed. the very worst you will take from rolling forwards is a dash attack, which isnt even a guaranteed hit from his dthrow, it requires some pretty precise anticipation and timing by snake to actually hit it.
Rolling away all the time will cause you to get hit by a dash attack 90% of the time. Its not hard to anticipate someones move if they always do the same thing.

Just plain standing up comes as a surprise more often than not. Its better to mix it up anyways.

also Fsmash wtf?

Timbers

check me out
You can immediately roll behind him and still be able to shield an fsmash. It's too slow to be a reliable tech chase. He can, however, utilt or ftilt you if you roll behind him. Simply standing up or rolling away are your best options.

Browny

Smash Hater
stand up is just asking for a chaingrab. i do it all the time to people i play on wifi.

maybe just dela the get-up attack such the invincibility frames will throw off snakes timing

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Snake.

Mr.Foxtrot Snake eater. Running around with a big gun taking down the baddies. Guns, rockets, grenades, C4, missles, over-the-top-robots-that-spell-out-the-end-of-the-world-as-we-know-it, its all in a days time for Snake.
He's so cool, he has to be begged about to be put in Brawl-cool.

He's a bit lacking in bullets in Brawl, cause theres a strict no bullets policy, but didn't stop Snake. He's caring an arsenal of explosives that can sink a small island. What does that mean for the rest of us? Lots and Lots of fire.

Snakes another odd ball when it comes to move set. Firing missiles, throwing grenades, dropping land mines and C4, putting someone to sleep and causing %12+, an Up-B that allows him to practically fly . How many other characters do that? None. He's a fricken tank.

To make matters even worse, snake has range, priority and one of the most wiggled out metagames at the moment. Many more recovery options that have been "found" and a sliding Up-smash attack that no other character has either.
When It comes to who got the fair share of the stick, Snake got the bigger piece.

However, He is a heavy, which vs. Lucario is a double edged sword. Lucario Loves to beat on fatties, which he can do to snake. But snake can easily cause havoc for him, and then kill him easily. Your going to have to put of a fight and keep your momentum. Loss of Lucario's momentum = loss of stock.

Its in snakes favor, but like most of the rest of the lucario match up's not by much, and it can change anytime.
-t2

Alrighty then...here we go.

SNAKE-The REAL Captain Falcon. The CF that's in Brawl is actually Rick Wheeler, disguising himself as a wannabee. But the real Captain Falcon caught on, and disguised himself as Snake. Uh-oh.

Behavior and Patterns:

Snakes like their sliding mortar(See: dash attack cancel). They like it a lot. However, most Snakes these days have finally learned that is has priority equal to a blade of grass in a tornado. Yea, it has no priority. But it does have a lot of range. Even though all you need to do to stop it is simply time a jab, or simply time ANY move, they will still use it quite a lot against you, especially when you are on the other side of the stage from them. If you don't time it though, Snake will run into you before you can get your attack up. Grenade camping and mortar slides are both going to be very common things in this situation. Grenade spamming can and will be used VERY effectively to bait you out of a defensive position, which is usually where you want to be in this match-up. If you get a little over-zealous with your offense because of the grenades, you will get punished, often-times because they will follow up grenade spamming with a mortar slide. Other things they like to do include spamming up-smashes non-stop when you're off the stage or even hanging on the ledge. They like to ftilt all the time, because it comes out really fast and has absolutely ridiculous range. They also like to ftilt out of spot-dodge, or utilt.

Fundamental Moves:

Well, many of these were listed just above, but I'll post 'em again anyways:

Ftilt-Like I said, this move has insane range. It actually reaches farther than his knee extends, so if you're a couple feet away from Snake and his knee does not hit you, this move will still nail you. They spam it all the time because it's really powerful, has good priority, is pretty much lagless, and has more range than it should.
Utilt-Do I need to explain this move? Someone posted a picture in here earlier of its actual range, and it's no lie. This move is probably the most broken tilt in any of the Smash games. It also extends far past where Snake's leg goes, so please stay very far away from it, especially at high percentages. Lucario also has iffy vertical knockback resistance, so this move is particularly deadly.
Grenade-Duh. Projectile. Blows up if you hit it twice, and does damage simply by touching you. Catching them is hard but possible, but since Snake can also make his grenades stop whenever he wants to, this is definitely not a good idea. The good news? He can only throw two at a time. He can drop these to prevent FPCG, and follow-ups from regular attacks as well.
Up Smash-His usmash is just dumb. It's a freakin' projectile, for heaven's sake. The only smash attack in the game that is one. Snake will use this all the time, for edgeguarding, for maneuvering in the mortar slide, for attacking with the mortar slide, for launching it into the air above him, etc. The good news? It can be cancelled out with almost any move, but it requires good timing and spacing. Besides, by that time, Snake has probably already utilted you to your doom.
Back aerial-Yes, it's a common move. This aerial has tons of range, and if it connects right at the beginning, it's very powerful. Don't challenge him from behind, it's not a good idea, and you will always lose.
Neutral aerial-Yep, this one too. If you don't rapidly tap DI upwards from the first hit, you're gonna take a lot of damage, and that last hit will send you flying. At high percentages(meaning 90%+) it will kill you, so you definitely need to learn how to tap DI this move if you want to live from it. Plus then you're above them in a good position for a dair.

Lucario's Strategy/How to Win: Oh yea, my favorite part!! There's going to be a lot here, so pay close attention!;)

Alrighty, where to begin? Weeelll...Snake is big, he's bad, and he's a pain in the neck. You can't approach him. Just don't do it, because he will freaking **** you if you try to. Do not be too aggressive. You must always stay calm and in control. BE PATIENT. That is by far the most important part of this match. If you are not patient and do not take your time with everything in this match-up...Snake will **** you hard-core. He will at first either throw grenades, ftilt, or mortar slide to you, depending on where you start on the map. Remember that he can only throw two grenades at a time, so if you're looking for an opening remember that. Your AS will blow them up and AS will not eat them, so don't use it if you're anywhere near a grenade. Those things have a ginormous hitbox. Let him come to you by using luring tactics. Approach over the grenades or something, then shield the explosions when you land and he'll try and attack you. I don't know but whatever the case may be, try to lure him to you. If he uses his mortar slide, punish him. IF you can get a FPCG off before you're at too high a percentage: do it. It's 40% easy. After that, he'll start pulling out grenades to stop you. Your fsmash is not the best of ideas, because it has lag and he does not. He will hit you with an ftilt or mortar slide if you use it too much. Don't challenge him in the air, especially if you're behind him, because you will lose. His bair has a crap-load of range, and his nair is ridiculously powerful. If you get hit by his nair ever, then you need to tap DI upwards rapidly, so that you only take the first two or maybe three hits. The last 1-2 hits you will avoid and you won't die. Not only that, but then you'll be above him, so you can dair him too!! Yay? Use techniques that have lingering hitboxes when he's above you in the air. If you are above him...prepare to die. If he's above you, then he should prepare to take a lot of damage. Every single time against most of the Snakes I've played, they will come down with an air dodge. Well, we all know how awesome the usmash is with its lingering hitboxes, so he won't be able to dodge the whole thing(usually). Chase him with a uair if you feel bold enough, or wait for him to get in your vertical grab range. Or b/pseudo stick an Aura Sphere into his face. He definitely won't be expecting that, and depending on how large it is, he won't be able to dodge it. Just remember that you need to be very, very patient in this match-up. Watch for openings and use your projectile well. Do not rush in, and do not swiftly retreat. If you have to retreat quickly, it means you obviously rushed in without thinking, and then he'll just mortar slide or utilt or ftilt you, or throw grenades at you, whatever. Everything must be controlled and planned, everything goes how you say so, you have to manipulate the match to go where you want it to. If you do it right, this match will take you a while to complete. If you do it wrong, it will be over very quickly and you will be the loser.:)

On gimping...there's really not much you can do, unless Snake is an idiot or has no other choice and recovers right next to the ledge. In which case grab his cypher or him, and if you grab him do not throw him and do not pummel him. Just let him fall away and he will die because he is unable to use his up-B again. Every chance you get you need to do that. Usually he's too slow to get off a C4 jump when you do that too, so on most stages they won't have time to recover using that tactic.

If Snake spot-dodges...you'd better be prepared for either the ftilt or utilt. Both have more range than should be humanely possible, and therefore if you are anywhere close to him you will get nailed by either. The utilt kills us a lot more often than the ftilt, so please watch out for that. And if you're trying to expose a weak spot behind him, watch out. If you are shielding a bunch of ftilt's and manage to roll dodge behind him, he'll do a utilt if you're not fast enough. Roll dodging backwards is the better choice, but then he might mortar slide you. Still safer than getting nailed by a utilt. Don't willingly roll into that trap if he knows you're going to do it. You can also shield-grab the ftilt between hits if you time it right and you're close enough, because the first and second hits both make Snake lean forward so your grab range extends a little bit.

I think that's actually it. Hmmm...not as bad as I was expecting, heh.

Overall Match-Up: I think that this match-up is 60:40 Snake. Really, he doesn't have as much on us as they want us to think. He's still extremely powerful and very heavy, but Lucario generally does pretty decently against heavier characters. Snake has a ton of range, so our range game is matched pretty evenly. He has less moves to use but all have crazy range. Overall we have more range but the moves we need the most are beaten out. His grenades are a good and very annoying projectile, but he can only toss two of them at a time. We can out-camp him because of that.

*phew* Man...I started this and I was like, "Yea, I can write another big 'ol long post on Snake!" And then, when I realized I still had to finish it, I was all of a sudden like, "MAN...this is so much more work than I remember it being." Sorry guys, but I'm pretty unattached to the boards as of late. I'm not on as often right now. Just a period of recession, I suppose.:lick:

Anyways, hope that was all helpful. Catch you all later. :)

Erich out.

JDGreat

Smash Apprentice
Just had a thought for the Snake match up.

Wouldn't the Halberd and Norfair be bad stages for him?

Halberd due to the massive laser, cannon and claw, forcing him to move about or suffer damage.

Norfair due to the lava again messing with his camping game and racking up decent damage if he can't get away in time?

Or is being up in our face a bad idea?

With the ideas posted in my last post I'm think 50:50 mabe 55:45 Snake.

emoklops

Smash Cadet
In Norfair, Snake can hit you even more easily with his utilt and he can camp with grenades and the missile when the high lava only allows air approaches. I would avoid Norfair.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
In Norfair, Snake can hit you even more easily with his utilt and he can camp with grenades and the missile when the high lava only allows air approaches. I would avoid Norfair.
Norfair is actually pretty bad for him, his camping is actually hurt alot there.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
Does knee-lock work against us Lucarios? Or are we safe from that?. Also, we should talk a bit about his grab game, it's pretty gewd.
omg is knee lock when you constantly hit with the first frame of flilt? if it is it works omg ask mika... err sry Octix...

Charizard92

Smash Champion
SNAKE-The REAL Captain Falcon. The CF that's in Brawl is actually Rick Wheeler, disguising himself as a wannabee. But the real Captain Falcon caught on, and disguised himself as Snake. Uh-oh.
(Facepalm) Don't tell me you actually believe that theory. I have a whole list of theories that make more sense and are MORE correct:

Moon Landing hoax (NASA refutes this, and Mythbusters debunked it, on multiple levels too)
JFK assassination (we already went through so many experiments, please stop)
TWA flight 800 (There was enough explosives to count for nothing, a spark CAN and DID cause an airplane to EXPLODE!)

I have here a little thing to stop these crazy theories, especially the Snake is C. Falcon theory:
http://xkcd.com/258/

Now end this theory, NOW!

Samuelson

Smash Lord
(Facepalm) Don't tell me you actually believe that theory. I have a whole list of theories that make more sense and are MORE correct:

Moon Landing hoax (NASA refutes this, and Mythbusters debunked it, on multiple levels too)
JFK assassination (we already went through so many experiments, please stop)
TWA flight 800 (There was enough explosives to count for nothing, a spark CAN and DID cause an airplane to EXPLODE!)

I have here a little thing to stop these crazy theories, especially the Snake is C. Falcon theory:
http://xkcd.com/258/

Now end this theory, NOW!
Somebody needs to chill out. Not saying who though, I'm just saying that somebody really needs to take a chill pill. (Take the blue pill)

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Seriously, If Snake was C. Falcon, How come:
snake doesn't have a falcon punch?
snake doesn't have a falcon kick?
Snake refers to C. Falcon as C. Falcon on his codec. This has to be the best evidence that Snake isn't C. Falcon and that the C. Falcon in Brawl is in fact C. Falcon.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Seriously, If Snake was C. Falcon, How come:
snake doesn't have a falcon punch?
snake doesn't have a falcon kick?
Snake refers to C. Falcon as C. Falcon on his codec. This has to be the best evidence that Snake isn't C. Falcon and that the C. Falcon in Brawl is in fact C. Falcon.
It's all an act, to hide both identities.
Falcon Punch = second hit of ftilt or fsmash.
Falcon Kick = Mortar slide or fair.

FlashGearz

Smash Apprentice
*Behavior of Character- Snake's going to attempt to kill Lucario off early in the stock(hopefully 110%ish) before Aura puts lucario at a advantage.

*Fundamental Moves-

U Tilt- one of the earliest kills. Huge range, and fast enough to catch Luc off guard. Kills around 110 iirc. maybe earlier.

Jab- Racking up damage, and having ucario get away from him. Not as much as the others, but needed none the less.

F tilt- Damage racker also. Kills somewhat early too, but Lucario can recover from it most of the time.

Dash- This includes Snakedashing. Going to hit and run you across the stage, and force you come come at him in the air. Not like that's a bad thing, but you never know.

U smash- Punishes dair stalling, and coming from above him.

Every single projectile- Includes D Smash, and Vb. He can out spam you at lower percent, but after a while, you can spam him just as much.

bair-Beats your back air.

nair- Longer, and stronger then your nair.

uair- But more range then your Dair, but it's about the same, most of the time. If this happens, you're most likely dead.

*How to Win- Aggresive, but not stupid. Aura spheres to help approch, and use F smash to space. If he in the air, your fair beats his fair, and your uair beats his dair. Nairs are similar, and bairs your lose. Dairs usually tie. Try to gimp him, because you won't last at 120%+ for all that long.

*Recommended Stages- Rainbow Ride, because it is basically Snake's counter. Final Destination seems like a good pick, but the flatness is going to kill your approch, and boost his snakedash.I guess Delfino. I can't really say, a stagethat Lucario has a advantage on, just stages where Snake doesn't.

manhunter098

Smash Lord
Oh, I didnt mention this before, but one of the most effective edge guarding tactics you can use against Snake is a fully charged aura sphere. The basic idea is to toss an aura sphere above him when he recovers and force him to recover lower, a pretty simple concept really. Also if you are fighting a Snake that is pretty much trained to jump and cypher to ensure his recovery, the Aura Sphere is a very nice, surprising, and deadly present for him.

G-Beast

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4442-0111-1914
i decided to find some snake mains before i shared by thoughts on this.
i find that Aura Sphere is actually necessary to do good against him. it stops his grenades, his atacks that outprioritize it are too slow to be usable, he either has to shield it or jump over it(lulz @ snakes 1st jump)m and its easy to tell were he will be during his UpB; get hit by it, or get off the cypher. we have a very useable CG on him as im sure we all already know.
if snake gets predictable with his dash cancelled usmash, make him meet double team. if he uses his rocket launcher, double team nullifies it. if snake is trying a usmash just because your in the air, double team works nicely here too.
as for an approach, i find short hopping charging aura sphere till you land then throw it works well, you can DT all his projectiles without having to worry at all and slide towards him, but dont get predictable and end up DTing into a fsmash. our F-smash owns his, usmash from above will get his dair. dont worry about his utilt, just dair a little bit earlier and(if he does it) he will get hit, oh the joys of disjointed hitboxes, however if he dosent use double team and whatever he uses next will trigger it(most likely a utilt)

JDGreat

Smash Apprentice
if he uses his rocket launcher, double team nullifies it.
Are you on about his FSmash or his Nikita? Cause his Nikita can just be beaten by our Fair very easily and you DO NOT WANT to try a risky move like double team on Snake's FSmash. Spotdodge or roll would work better IMO

you can DT all his projectiles without having to worry at all
I hope you don't mean his grenades and only mean his Nikita. You'll slide into the 'nade's explosion after the first contact. if he's cooked them.

manhunter098

Smash Lord
i decided to find some snake mains before i shared by thoughts on this.
i find that Aura Sphere is actually necessary to do good against him. it stops his grenades, his atacks that outprioritize it are too slow to be usable, he either has to shield it or jump over it(lulz @ snakes 1st jump)m and its easy to tell were he will be during his UpB; get hit by it, or get off the cypher. we have a very useable CG on him as im sure we all already know.
if snake gets predictable with his dash cancelled usmash, make him meet double team. if he uses his rocket launcher, double team nullifies it. if snake is trying a usmash just because your in the air, double team works nicely here too.
as for an approach, i find short hopping charging aura sphere till you land then throw it works well, you can DT all his projectiles without having to worry at all and slide towards him, but dont get predictable and end up DTing into a fsmash. our F-smash owns his, usmash from above will get his dair. dont worry about his utilt, just dair a little bit earlier and(if he does it) he will get hit, oh the joys of disjointed hitboxes, however if he dosent use double team and whatever he uses next will trigger it(most likely a utilt)

I beg to differ that you can simply deal with his u-tilt by using d-air. His u-tilt has an absolutely massive area that is disjointed, never mind the fact that you have to start it out of range and hope he u-tilts otherwise he can punish your d-air with his u-tilt. At best you will pretty much be trading blows with him (well more like winning the u-tilt v d-airbattle about half the time) and I really never recommend that against Snake. Also double team will only work against a Snake dash (and actually punish it) if you near the edge of the stage that Snake is going towards or he stops sliding near your double team. Either way I dont consider it reliable (as double team rarely is).

Also, you dont even mention his f-tilt, which is without question one of the best moves in the game and can easily punish any downtime we may suffer near Snake.

Oh and about Snakes f-smash...dont try to spot dodge it, because if he is charging it, thats what he is waiting for. Also dont roll behind him. You have three options really, attack him quickly (if you think you have time), jump, or roll away. Its not a move to be taken lightly.

IceDX

Smash Ace
NNID
TheIceDX001
Lucario is at the worst 50/50 with snake there is just so much Lucario can do to mess up his basic game plan....

G-Beast

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4442-0111-1914
Are you on about his FSmash or his Nikita? Cause his Nikita can just be beaten by our Fair very easily and you DO NOT WANT to try a risky move like double team on Snake's FSmash. Spotdodge or roll would work better IMO

I hope you don't mean his grenades and only mean his Nikita. You'll slide into the 'nade's explosion after the first contact. if he's cooked them.
when i say rocket launcher i mean nikita.

what do you mean ill slide into the nades explosion? Lucario cant be harmed when hes sliding through on double team

JDGreat

Smash Apprentice
What I mean is the grenade's explosion will occur after Lucario's slide has finished. Luc will normally finish about the same position he started from. And where he started from has a grenade in that space. I've done it about 50 times by accident in my DT'ing anything days.

dj_pwn1423

Smash Journeyman
For this match up you will have to go defensive most of the time. When snake approaches, Fsmash is still a pretty good spacing tool. You'll have to be more careful in this case though. If Snake is just a little bit closer than your Fsmash tip, he can Ftilt you before your hit box comes out. I like to use Fsmash when Snake is just an inch away from lucs tip. You wont hit him most of the time, but if he is approaching he will probably be in range by the time the hit box comes out.

About Ftilt
: If snake are to far for you to shield grab him, do not try to punish him right away. This attack has very little after lag. If you try to use a running grab out of your shield, snake can just jab right out of Ftilt or simply spot dodge and punish you accordingly. Some Snakes like to wait for your reaction before doing anything so try to mix it up as much as you can. Rolling behind him works somewhat for example, but you should assume snake is already expecting you to so. Try to leave your shield up so you can shield grab the incoming Utilt/Ftilt.

Tenki

Smash Hero
[off topic] some leftover "FYI" from the Sonic matchup.

Sorry for breaking in, but the Lucario-Sonic thread in the other boards became a stupid fanboy/flamewar and got locked while I was gone.

I apologize for the idiocy.

btw, I didn't read everything, but I did come across this towards the end of the thread.
someone i forgot lol said:
Shadowlink, I'm going to have to refuse responding to the majority of that, as most of it is based on the assumption that spincharge is capable of breaking through full auraspheres.

It can't.

At 0%, full aurasphere clanks with Sonic's fully charged sideB, when he's travelled about 1/8 of FD.

Uncharged sideB's are outprioritized by full auraspheres at any percent.
I am not Shadowlink, but on this issue:
Side-B's release has invincibility frames to pass through anything as long as it's not still inside Sonic's hitbox when the i-frames run out. Dedede, Ike F-smash/Eruption, GAW turtle, Wolf lasers, Lucario AS. It's been done.

After the initial frames, then you are correct, it won't beat out a FC Aura Sphere.

Also, you seemed to be ignorant (uninformed) on this issue:
for the hop, charge doesn't matter at all. The charge only affects the speed and damage of the roll after Sonic lands. Invincibility frames are the same, the hop trajectory and damage are the same. But I can't get angry at/blame you guys for not knowing since only hardcoar Sonic mains/dedicated matchup learners read the in-depth info threads lol (and yes, that discounts quite a bit of the visitors/people who have "Sonic main" icons XD).

I have, however, seen cases (and others have apparently experienced this too) where a FC Aura sphere from a Lucario at 120%+ gets eaten by Sonic's ASC (aerial down-B) if it makes contact with it as he's landing (before he touches the ground). I haven't done extensive testing, but I have noticed it happening in some games, so it's a "maybe"/"just in case" kind of note.

edit/reply to Stauffenberg:
I'm just telling you about the move. Don't confuse me for a defensive fanboy.

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
Word on the e-street is I need to update this thread moar. Fine.

I'll update Snake ASAP (tomorrow).

Although, I told you guys that I'd be much busier once summer was over. Making sure I get into a good college is more important than updating this thread.

And yes, we are currently discussing Snake.

Timbers

check me out
Sorry for breaking in, but the Lucario-Sonic thread in the other boards became a stupid fanboy/flamewar and got locked while I was gone.

btw, I didn't read everything, but I did come across this towards the end of the thread.

Side-B's release has invincibility frames to pass through anything as long as it's not still inside Sonic's hitbox when the i-frames run out. Dedede, Ike F-smash/Eruption, GAW turtle, Wolf lasers, Lucario AS. It's been done.

After the initial frames, then you are correct, it won't beat out a FC Aura Sphere.

for the hop, charge doesn't matter at all. The charge only affects the speed and damage of the roll after Sonic lands. Invincibility frames are the same, the hop trajectory and damage are the same. But I can't get angry at/blame you guys for not knowing since only hardcoar Sonic mains/dedicated matchup learners read the in-depth info threads lol (and yes, that discounts quite a bit of the visitors/people who have "Sonic main" icons XD).

I have, however, seen cases (and others have apparently experienced this too) where a FC Aura sphere from a Lucario at 120%+ gets eaten by Sonic's ASC (aerial down-B) if it makes contact with it as he's landing (before he touches the ground). I haven't done extensive testing, but I have noticed it happening in some games, so it's a "maybe"/"just in case" kind of note.

Ok so he has invincibility for even less than 1/8 of FD, thanks for proving/correcting/emphasizing my point.

Already knew about the invincibility in the initial startup of his sideB. Shadlowlink claimed it had enough priority to override Lucario's full auraspheres from up to half of FD's distance, which is not the case.

Col. Stauffenberg

Smash Lord
You couldn't think of a better place to do so than a discussion on a completely different character?

Unless you're trying to derail the thread, just don't discuss it any further here.

Timbers

check me out
stauffy he had every right to post it here.

It's a lot better than him making an entirely new topic just to adress a case that was already resolved in a locked topic.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
You couldn't think of a better place to do so than a discussion on a completely different character?

Unless you're trying to derail the thread, just don't discuss it any further here.
Oh dont mind him he isnt like most of the sonic mains...

Tenki

Smash Hero
Ok so he has invincibility for even less than 1/8 of FD, thanks for proving/correcting/emphasizing my point.

Already knew about the invincibility in the initial startup of his sideB. Shadlowlink claimed it had enough priority to override Lucario's full auraspheres from up to half of FD's distance, which is not the case.
He might have meant that standing from half-range, he could still release the charge on the aurasphere to take advantage of the inv-frames, but if he meant any other part of the hop, he was probably wrong. The hop does a measly 5-6 damage (unstale), so it's really easy to outprioritize it, and even if Sonic uses invincibility frames, he'll literally pass through it and (I'm pretty sure) that the Aura Sphere will continue to fly behind him.

Anyway, continue on with your Snacks discussion.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=161598 if you have any further questions/whatever.

IceDX

Smash Ace
NNID
TheIceDX001

i can back up What tenki is saying here and i even did it in a match vs Stauff, dont ya remember stauff??

People's this is SNAKE, not Sonic. Wait until we're done with Snake to discuss him please.

Oh yea, and I finally got around to editing the rest of my big long post with my opinions on the Snake match-up. Since Smashboards is being gay and won't let me wrap wiki tags around it, the post is on the link below. Tell me if I made any mistakes or such, eh? Anyways, here it is:

http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=5402722&postcount=1367

See you all later. If you need info from me Jeepy, I edited it for ya! And don't worry, I'm a senior this year too, so I've got all that stuff to worry about as well. *Sigh* It's quite a bit of work if you're going out of state, eh?

Top Bottom