• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Low Tiers + Lowest Mid Tier project (Last Updated: 13-01-2012)

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162

Flayl

Smash Hero
im the TO and im tellin you that there was 400$cash given out. but now u wont accept it. sweet
Seriously, all you do is try to start ****... You had plenty of other tournament results to submit, yet the one you DO try to submit is the one that is a charity event that had a money prize that is NOWHERE to be found in the thread.

And it's not a matter of me "not accepting" the tournament, literally nobody in that tournament would have earned a single point for these rankings.

Getting last place earns 0 points, using a character above D tier makes the entry invalid.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Seriously, all you do is try to start ****... You had plenty of other tournament results to submit, yet the one you DO try to submit is the one that is a charity event that had a money prize that is NOWHERE to be found in the thread.

And it's not a matter of me "not accepting" the tournament, literally nobody in that tournament would have earned a single point for these rankings.

Getting last place earns 0 points, using a character above D tier makes the entry invalid.
i didnt start anything and dont plan to. ive sent is results on numerous occasion(mid tier ONLY/low tier ONLY/midtier+low tier/regular tier.....ect) and u dont use it cause it doesnt fit your criteria(which is also flawed at the most basic of level). The lists and things u are creating will not accurate-ly depict anything. Thats fact.

Flayl

Smash Hero
i didnt start anything
ive sent is results on numerous occasion(mid tier ONLY/low tier ONLY/midtier+low tier/regular tier.....ect) and u dont use it cause it doesnt fit your criteria(which is also flawed at the most basic of level). The lists and things u are creating will not accurate-ly depict anything. Thats fact.
QED.

10demonstrations

Flayl

Smash Hero
Slight change in format: Points for both infinites allowed and banned are on the left, points for infinites allowed ONLY are on the right.

This is because tournaments with infinites banned are massively outweighing tournaments with infinites legal.

The reason the seperation is still there is to see how characters are faring in a metagame that risk getting infinited.

I updated with partial MLG results, waiting on full results to update further.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Ah, I like this format better. Now the number to the left of the character images actually means something. =P

Wow, there's a huge point difference between Yoshi and PT. o_O

:069:

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Flayl, For Mlg Dc I got 33rd with Wolf. Seagull=turkeywarrior in the results. I saw Polt's list and he forgot me, but I don't think he knew you counted Wolf.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Or maybe I'm trying to sabotage Wolf's results.

But yeah, I forgot he was part of this, too. Same thing with Luigi. How did Boss and BigLou do at MLG?

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I have a lot of results, but am too lazy to go find em all.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=288199

"Random Wolf" is me. I got 4th/16.
Flayl;11423743 I'm not going to add that unless you give me the entry fee and a link to the ruleset. Added: [url=http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=288632 said:
Hall of Gaming #1[/url]
Phoenix Brawl 4
Lost 7
Robocop

Waiting for MLG DC character listings before I update the thread.
Pricing:
• $10.00 Venue Fee
• $10.00 SSBB/SSF4 Singles
• $10.00 SSBB Doubles
• $5.00 SSF4 3v3
• $3.00 Side Events
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=285114&highlight=gamepad

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I'm joining this argument....Not really.

But perhaps there wasn't supposed to be a pot at this event? You know...since it is a charity event.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Seagull: I'll add that wednesday too.

I'm joining this argument....Not really.

But perhaps there wasn't supposed to be a pot at this event? You know...since it is a charity event.
Christ... Please tell me you at least know why I wouldn't add the tournament if it didn't have a pot.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I already know the reasons of why you wouldn't add a tourny if there wasn't a pot, but what I'm saying is that at a charity event, you would keep it away from the hosts that you are giving away a pot. Meaning that the pot was given without the OKAY from the primary hosts.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
The number of points from infinite-allowed tournaments seems so small. Are infinite-allowed tournaments really that popular/limiting to these characters?

Also, why aren\'t we using the combined number as the deciding factor? That doesn\'t seem to show how they do in the normal metagame.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Your post confuses me. Right on the first post I wrote that the number on bold, the one on the left, is for ALL tournaments.

What numbers are you suggesting we combine exactly? Do you want to count infinite-allowed torunaments twice? What's a "normal metagame"?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Your post confuses me. Right on the first post I wrote that the number on bold, the one on the left, is for ALL tournaments.

What numbers are you suggesting we combine exactly? Do you want to count infinite-allowed torunaments twice? What\'s a \"normal metagame\"?
It just seems strange to place each character based on a combination of tournaments without rules created to arbitrarily buff certain characters and tournaments with those rules.

I understand having an \"infinite allowed\" list and a combined list, but the ranking seems skewed with infinites banned.

Flayl

Smash Hero
The rankings are skewed because infinite banned tournaments are VASTLY more popular

% of points for each character that come from infinites allowed tournaments:
5,5%
11,4%
1,5%
13,5%
16,0%
15,4%
10,9%
29,5%
53,8%
98,2%
30,8%
17,1%
12,9%
0,0%
88,9%
44,0%

If you want to do something about it convince more TOs to not ban infinites.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Just saying nice job so far. One can figure a lot of things out after looking at the data.

Flayl

Smash Hero
One thing I've noticed is that nobody is doing low tiers with the new low tier list. They're all including characters like Ness (who was borderline last tier list) and Ike. The low tier tournament portion of this project is dead in the water.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Yesterday I was at a Offline Tourney.

Placed 3'rd out of 16 players going all Ganon.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
How is MLG going to be inputted, because of the whole championship bracket thing?

Flayl

Smash Hero
Well unless anybody has any objections, I was just going to take the number of entrants in the open bracket plus the number of people that started off in the championship bracket. The entry fee would still be 35$.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
WOW.

Sonic has more than twice the points of everyone else...

By the way, you got the numbers between Yoshi and Ike mixed up.

EDIT: Jigglypuff and Captain Falcon, also.

Top Bottom