• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Low Tiers + Lowest Mid Tier project (Last Updated: 13-01-2012)

Flayl

Smash Hero
Added:
Turkey Throwdown
B.C. Home Video Monthly I
Play N Trade BlueBonnet 11/21/10
Dmt #3 11/20/10
Nub Academy 4: Bright Futures

Give me suggestions on how to account for popularity.

edit: I have a contrived idea:

I take the total points of the player with the most points for each character.
Then I list the players with at least X% (1%?) of those points for that character.
I add the total scores of those players, then divide by the number of players.

For example, the most accomplished player of a character has 20000 points. I would make a list of all the players that earned at least (1% in this case) 200 points for that character. This gives me say 16 players. I add the points of all these players up, then divide by 16.

The idea here is that characters with more players will naturally have more good players. To account for that we take the average of the points gained for a character by the more relevant players. Since there really isn't an objective way to measure skill, we make a cut off by comparing the score of each player to their champion.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
If i'm correct from Turkey throwdown there was only three Low Tier people, Me (Yoshi), Batou as Captain Falcon, and Hero Mystic as Mario.
As for these counting as points in your system I don't remember if it was suppose to only count from top 8 or doesn't matter what place.

EDIT: Also is this "Points Earned by the Top 3 Players in normal tournaments with no high tier secondaries" coming this week or so? Since November is almost over.

:320:

Flayl

Smash Hero
Slush, please read the F.A.Q. before posting questions.

The problem with the "top 3 players" part is that I'm not sure that's how I want to account for popularity. By this weekend I'll have something figured out though.

Browny

Smash Hater
ROFL @ Sonic

Whoever said he was anything but the MK of mid/low tier should begin eating their words right about now :p

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
ROFL @ Sonic

Whoever said he was anything but the MK of mid/low tier should begin eating their words right about now :p
Nah, Ike still is the MK of that area.

He's the only other character with transdented(sp?) priority on his aerials besides MK. :laugh:

Or what ever that is called again...

BSP

Smash Legend
Wow, I love how zelda/Shiek are in front of sonic on our current tier list, yet he's got almost 6 times their points lol.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
It has an entry fee there >.>

And in Utah, we just ban IDC and everything else is good. Our stage list atm is this:

- STARTERS - 5 Total -
Battlefield
Final Destination
Pokemon Stadium (Melee)
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

- COUNTER-PICKS - 10 Total -
Brinstar (Melee)
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Norfair
PictoChat
Pokemon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise (Melee)

You can check here as well: http://ugto.betaboard.net/t16-the-smash-haven-zz-s-b-day-tournament-12-18-10#63

Flayl

Smash Hero
Why did you post the entry fee in the results of your birthday tournament as $10 when in the original ruleset post it says $5?

Is that $10 including the venue fee (it shouldn't be included) or did you change the entry fee later?

GodAtHand

Smash Lord

Flayl

Smash Hero
Yeah I included those. If your tournament has a results thread that says which character you used, chances are I've included it.

There are plenty of tournaments that don't say who mained who though so I appreciate any effort.

D

Deleted member

Evolution of Life II (2/5/2011)
SSBB Singles(28 entrants)

1)Kain :wolf:
2)Sago :metaknight::samus2:
3)Arty :falco::metaknight::gw:
4)Kirk :ike::bowser2::olimar:
5)Akashi :marth::snake::metaknight:
6)Ook :dk2:
7)Oro?! :zerosuitsamus::marth:
7)DLA :ganondorf::metaknight::pikachu2:
9)Kappy :kirby2:
9)Corms :zelda:
9)Meneil :ike:
9)Creep :lucario:
13)Norm :lucario:
13)Chompy :diddy:
13)JJ Rockets :diddy:
13)King :pikachu2:
17)Red Ryu :lucario:
17)SlashX17 :fox:
17)Vare :sonic:
17)Jordan ???
17)Zwarm :rob:
17)Cory :marth:
17)Sothe :sonic:
17)Lallaar :marth:
25)TWSS :gw:
25)Xyless :pt:
25)Umashi :toonlink:
25)Cory ???

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=297100

Flayl

Smash Hero
Site is in first post, check it out. There are 3 pages: Individual entries, Points gained per character and Points gained per Player.

http://flayl.tengun.net/smash/lowtier_entries.php
http://flayl.tengun.net/smash/lowtier_characters.php
http://flayl.tengun.net/smash/lowtier_players.php

You can link your results by searching for yourself and copying the result, like so:
http://flayl.tengun.net/smash/lowtier_entries.php?rpp=20&loc=Flayl&char=ALL

Raziek's tournament and the finnish tournament were posted too late to be included this week, so they will be included next time. I'll also change the character page to include a popularity count and an accounting for popularity score.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Awesome flayl. Me (under san and San) and Poltergust (under Poltergust and Polt) are on there twice, btw.

Is there any way for creators of other rankings topics to implement this format?

Top Bottom