• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Long Island Presents: **** YEAH SEAKING!!! 4/10/10 Results.

vanek_pi

Smash Journeyman
So no one is talking about the missing money from the singles pot? 3 people were screwed lol who was the host in charge of the money? they really need to repay dabuz shadow and will whenever they seem them

or at least shadow cuz hes the only one whos shown interest in wanting his money
I think they actually solved, it it was the to's because they did not pay entry fee, and part of the singles money was used in the doubels pay outs. i can double check the math.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
maybe hes asleep?

you know its 12 31 am right

and most people have school tomoro morning
did not know most people were children with horrid curfews xD

seriously though just let them handle it im sure it would be solved either way

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
sure it was solved but

will they replace the missing money?

they did charge 10 venue fee. thats alot and thats what should be covered instead of singles or doubles/actual pot money.

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
sure it was solved but

will they replace the missing money?

they did charge 10 venue fee. thats alot and thats what should be covered instead of singles or doubles/actual pot money.
TOs saw none of it, despite that being the original deal. The owner is grimey and we will NEVER host here again. He didn't even let us give people money back for setups.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Gee I wonder if people play Brawl just for the money.
lmao
remember when we didnt have tio and only TOs knew how to add becasue the top players were morons XD.

**** now the kids are half way smart...well...some are XD

well kelvin again let the players handle it else you are just trolling cause in the end it is really none of your biz. You did not enter and you did not win so you have no say in the money. Let them handle it. If Nick and company do not want to complain it is their fault.

vanek_pi

Smash Journeyman
TOs saw none of it, despite that being the original deal. The owner is grimey and we will NEVER host here again. He didn't even let us give people money back for setups.
This really griped me, i had only 12 dollars after this tourney and if i just had an extra 5 bucks from getting half the venue fee back from bringing a full setup, i would just have been a little happier.

never host tourneys there again. we need a list of bad venues for TO's to avoid.

I think Will should try hosting at a Play n Trade for now until he or someone else finds a much better venue.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
I suppose that is understandable PD.

ok alex

but speaking of none of your business,

you should mind yours as well.

unless you were also a host here? a player?

doesnt seem like im annoying the host's. im asking questions. and PD just cleared it up.

you werent the one that was asked by the player himself to help out in getting his rightfully deserved money handed to him.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
i didnt mean it rash i just think you do over do it a bit with the meddling dude xD

i mean its a good trait to help your friends out cause its good to have others looking out for each other but they need to talk for themselves not you. thats real life advice.

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
We actually have a potential venue for Sunday tournaments, but we are not sure how many people will be interested in Sunday tournaments =/

Thanks for understanding, Kelvin.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
The only major error here was forgetting to correct the doubles payouts. Right now, Blackanese, Jtails, Mike G, Vinnie and PD all have some of the money that belongs to the top 3 of singles. It isn't their fault, though.

blackanese

Smash Lord
New York Citaaay :333 Occupation: Stripper ;]
LMFAOOO yo I can understand the venue not wanting to return cash for setups but they didn't even pay the staff? That's mad fail sauce. I'm not sure if you guys talked to them before hand or whatever but that venues fail :[

And na papa Doom, everyone in teams got the correct amount. But yah, hope the singles peeps get their money

MTD

Smash Apprentice
That's true. Kinda tight about the last death though, why is glide tripping even in the game? :( Makes no sense. Nobody would ever intentionally do it. I guess I don't care if game 1 goes up.
cause brawl sucks, play melee

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
Thanks for the help, Kelvin.
Alex, i haven't been complaining because i've been really sick and haven't been online -__-.

Not trying to be a **** or anything, guys, but i mean, the money WAS promised in the payouts for the tournament. i saw the payments that were stated for top 3 on the computer at the tournament >_>.
Is there nothing we can do about that? because i'm missing about $30...times are tough!

Also, Anti, I was feeling really sick and tired, so i didn't feel pumped towards the end of the set. So, I was pretty disappointed about losing after being up 2-0. Olimar is also very annoying sometimes >_< lol.
I wasn't ANGRY, though. Dabuz won legitimately, he's really good.

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
LMFAOOO yo I can understand the venue not wanting to return cash for setups but they didn't even pay the staff? That's mad fail sauce. I'm not sure if you guys talked to them before hand or whatever but that venues fail :[

And na papa Doom, everyone in teams got the correct amount. But yah, hope the singles peeps get their money
It's actually true what Doom said bro, seeing as I was the one doing most of the work and was flustered running around a lot, when it came to doubles payouts we didn't deduct from the several of us TO's that did not pay to enter. Obviously next time we will make a note of that so as not to forget, but its not like we took any extra money out of the singles pot for ourselves =/

$40 that should have been spread throughout the singles pot was spread to the doubles winners, and they demanded to be paid early bc they actually left the venue quite early... It was my fault for not having the time/common sense to get other people to help me calculate that in the moment.

Also, another $40 did not go into the singles pot from the TO's who entered. Basically, some of the singles money accidentally went out to the doubles payouts... and that was my fault =/ Sorry guys. I wanted to give up 3rd place money to you guys and spread it evenly between 1st and 2nd place even though it was only $30.... but if I did that I would have not even broke even from hosting this tournament... I would have lost money, a lot of money. Mostly bc the owner is a terrible person, and even though we had over 50 people easily, he claims we had only 43. His terms were that if we broke 50 people the TO's would get a kickback...

So yeah, I really apologize for what happened... and if you really felt that you were jipped then I will personally make sure to pay you the rest of what you deserve out of my own pocket the next time I see you guys...

Allied

Smash Master
yo f*ck that owner dont host there again that place was mad small anyway and they threatened to kick me out

I mean look at my beautiful face

<------------

ADHD

Smash Hero
Zucco's nose is adorable and a sign of good fortune when you poke it!

But never-the-less, twas a dark day for team sunshine. MUAHAHAH.

Edit: Guys are so mean to smash girls lol, I should just judge the **** out of you all!

Top Bottom