• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

List of moves that easily beat Metaknight's neutral B (no longer updating)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I think that Yoshi's up-smash is more effective than his Egg Toss. While they both go through each time, Yoshi's up-smash is (obviously) stronger and does more damage. It is also slightly quicker, too.

eyestrain92

Smash Journeyman
I know it's been stated, but... Thank you. Godlike contribution. Golden contribution. I'd rather D-air or N-air from above than F-tilt, but none-the-less, any chance to use Bowser's massive fist is something to practice.

Tenki

Smash Hero
eh, it's kinda stupid to do this. sorta venting, I guess, but here's a list of Sonic moves that I've had clang with (and cancel) MK's grounded/low tornados:
F-tilt
Spindash (via invincibility frames)
B-air
Spring (grounded)

and moves that outprioritize it altogether or easily hit the "sweet spot":
F-smash
D-smash
Spring (falling)
D-air
Homing Attack
Spin charge (aerial, and 'randomly', grounded spin charge beats grounded tornado)

and here's the kicker.

moves that outpriotize or easily beat high/aerial tornado:
Spring (falling)
D-air

On a silly note, it seems like falling springs are Sonic's highest priority spammable move.

Really, I got at least 30% damage on the spammiest MK I've seen on wifi because I kept dropping springs on him and interrupting ledge up-B's, which he was stupid enough to be stubborn and keep doing.

I really don't care if this is edited into the main post or not, I just think it's a little frustrating to have seen how much priority aerial Tornado has, and sorta stupid to see what beats it XD

phosphorus

Smash Cadet
A while back I read someone talking about (as Sonic) leaving a spring on the ground or on a platform to cancel MK's tornado. It's possible (though very situational) that you could make a MK Self Destruct with this.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
I definitely have to test this stuff out, i was knocked out of a tourney because of someone spamming Mach Tornado. Thanks for the posts. I play Olimar btw.

LinkPlayer_Ryan

Smash Rookie
I had to take off Pit's N-air. Turns out it didn't work.

Because Falco's D-air is an extended hitbox, you have be directly over MK. If you miss by even a little, you'll get caught in the tornado. Why are you doing the D-air anyway? You have the blaster and shine.

Added.
Falco FTW against MK players who can't get enough of tornado spamming. However against overall good MK players....that is another story.

LinkPlayer_Ryan

Smash Rookie
Where's marth's forward b and meta's fair/bair?
Are you POSITIVE that Marth's forward B works against the Tornado? I don't remember having success with dancing blade versus the tornado. That would be FANTASTIC if it does work though.....have you tested this thoroughly to make sure that dancing blade worked against the tornado when it was at its highest priority?

I mean, I could understand dancing blade working at the very beginning or end of the tornado, but when it's at its highest priority sounds too good to be true.

Let me know if you've tested dancing blade vs. the tornado at its highest priority or not.

TKD

Smash Lord
Are you POSITIVE that Marth's forward B works against the Tornado? I don't remember having success with dancing blade versus the tornado. That would be FANTASTIC if it does work though.....have you tested this thoroughly to make sure that dancing blade worked against the tornado when it was at its highest priority?

I mean, I could understand dancing blade working at the very beginning or end of the tornado, but when it's at its highest priority sounds too good to be true.

Let me know if you've tested dancing blade vs. the tornado at its highest priority or not.
It doesn't lol

Ftilt's the best. Counter works. Fsmashing gets too predictable. Oh, upB too. Invincibility frames from the ground =)

gantrain05

Smash Master
i think ness Fair is possible one of the best anti nado moves out there. if you don't hit the right spot, it can just clank until you hit it lol.

$BONE$

Smash Ace
Add Peach's F-smash onto that list and remove f-air. F-air is next to useless and situational and Peach's F-smash works much better than her F-tilt. It's a disjointed hitbox.

TKD

Smash Lord
i think ness Fair is possible one of the best anti nado moves out there. if you don't hit the right spot, it can just clank until you hit it lol.
From my experience, it always beats it. So yes, we need a list of the moves that always beat it, not such random ones...there are two listings of anti-tornado moves, and both are a bit off.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Why is this thread revived? The OP already said he's done with it and not updating meanwhile I'm constructing my own.

Also TKD, Dancing Blade does go through Nado.

flame013191

Smash Cadet
Wario's Dair works well against it also. It's a little supprising how well it works seeing as how it's not exactly the best move in the game......

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Wario's Dair works well against it also. It's a little supprising how well it works seeing as how it's not exactly the best move in the game......
...have you ever played a Wario?

His dair is pretty much his best move.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Game & Watch – Dash attack, D-smash, Up-B
Let it be known that G&W's UpB is a great counter against the tornado. I'm pretty sure there aren't many G&W's that know how to do this exactly, but some probably already knew that UpB is a good choice while in the tornado.

UpB doesn't stop tornado. So technically it doesn't belong in this list. However, UpB is the perfect counter move against MK. Some G&W's know that G&W while in the tornado can SDI left/right and sometimes use UpB which pushes MK way up in the air because of the air push. This is only somewhat useful, because it doesn't always work.

My useful technique: When MK is approaching with the tornado, G&W needs to jump at MK and use UpB right before entering the tornado. The timing for this isn't really tight, but depends more on the location of G&W before using UpB. Imagine the image of MK and his tornado in the OP. The Tornado is shaped like a V. Now Imagine it to be a box/square. G&W needs to be at the bottom left/right corner of this box when executing UpB. Or in other words, perpendicular to the sides of the V.

If down correctly, MK will be pushed all the way to the blastzone and G&W only half that distance. This allows G&W to get back to the ground with ample time to punish MK with and smash attack (fsmash is best option) or edgehob. Also let it be known that it's NOT possible for G&W to keep MK in the air with his uair trumpet if the MK simply smashes his control stick down repeatedly really fast (SDI the air from the trumpet) Yeah it works, seriously.

Haven't posted this in the G&W boards yet. Thought I'd give the MKs a head start before the ****** begins. MKs will never tornado G&W again ;)

gantrain05

Smash Master
I'd like to point out that both of kirby's hammers, while admittedly hard to hit with, can both beat Tornado. His inhale also does, but it has to have already been started, so you basically need to charge into our attack >.>
or your can just go into stone mode and laugh as MK can't do anything to u >.>

MaxDeUh

Smash Journeyman
I found out the other day that Donkey Kong's fully-charged Punch is outprioritized by Tornado.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom