• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LGBT Smashers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
>_>

If Veril disagrees with the notion of being silent, then he can **** well be as loud as he wants.

In other news, MGS4 is amazing.

*goes back to playing his shiny new PS3 that he acquired for two hundred bucks.*

Smooth Criminal

Timbers

check me out
You would obviously have to take it up with the school itself to get to the bottom of it. As a student, all I knew was that it could be distracting to other students and it was asked to be concealed during school hours. If there's an underlying reason then I clearly don't know about it.

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
>_>

If Veril disagrees with the notion of being silent, then he can **** well be as loud as he wants.

In other news, MGS4 is amazing.

*goes back to playing his shiny new PS3 that he acquired for two hundred bucks.*

Smooth Criminal
ah I don't mind, as long as Veril express in what ever way he thinks is fine, I'm ok.
O.o so shiny

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
So I guess I don't fit the stereotype of "gay" in the sense that most of my friends are still straight males. not that that's abnormal or anything, it's just not the stereotype. I'm not trying to hide my sexuality, those are just who I get along well with. Growing up, my friends were mostly female, but my best friends have normally been male. how many others are with me?

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I don't get along with 90% of the gay dudes I've met. Most of my friends are straight males.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I don't get along with 90% of the gay dudes I've met. Most of my friends are straight males.
well there are always gal pals too... I suppose I was also referring to them

(does the board now automatically remove signatures if the post is too short?)

jber4life

Smash Apprentice
I agree. I actually can not stand uber flamboyant guys at all. I find theme far, far to annoying to be worth the effort to be friends with them.

Straight guys and girls are the best to hang out with haha

Timbers

check me out
I think straight guys are more fun to hang out with, as they seem less sensitive to things that you really shouldn't feel sensible about in the first place (in my opinion, of course) and you can be a lot more honest with them in regards to how you're feeling (this might only apply to me, because the way I feel usually comes across as a giant ****). It's hard to explain. I guess my personality can be considered a tad crude and rough, and it's kind of a wet blanket to have someone get sensitive if you do something that isn't necessarily mannerly. And...I guess I don't like talking emotions with people, either, which gays seem to be full of for whatever reason?

The last time I spent the night at my straight friend's house, we played CoD4 all day+night, drank, got high, saw Wanted (lol), and talked about ****ty movies (surprisingly not related to Wanted :p)

While the last time I spent the night at a gay friend's house (which was like..over a year ago) we took like a ****ing 7mile walk to no where just to talk about how life's got him down and how depressed he's been ever since he broke up with his boyfriend. Like I don't mind that, but **** if you wanted to talk we coulda done it over the phone or somethin'. I wanna go DO something.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
i don't have many friends irl, but the few i do have are female mostly. on another note i told my uncle i was gay today and he was ok with it, he even said he'd suspected it since i was like 7. O.o

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
You would obviously have to take it up with the school itself to get to the bottom of it. As a student, all I knew was that it could be distracting to other students and it was asked to be concealed during school hours. If there's an underlying reason then I clearly don't know about it.
Really it barely matters, unless you're dealing with something immensely important (life of multiple people, national security issues, etc. and even those issues don't guarantee satisfaction of that prong) De jure discrimination is illegal out of hand, and any court will reject it.

Basically, if anyone brought up a case like this the school has basically no chance no matter what they say the justification, because the possible that they can establish, say, a pressing national security reason, is just about nil. There's tons of case law to this effect, policies like this never stand.

Simply put, your school administrators are idiots, the president would be hard-pressed to defend an equivilent policy in courts if there was clear proof it would stop terrorist attacks, Your school has literally no chance.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
k lol, i don't go there anyways.
Sorry, love the topic of Constitutional law. Also love IP law relating to programming, but as you can imagine that rarely comes up on smashboards.

I've been studying it for a while, so I'm a great source for info relating to Constitutional law.

Random question, which school is this?

so hey how 'bout that valentines day. Anyone doing anything/have done anything today?
Was planing on going to a dance but plans fell through, so I'm just catching up on my rest.

lol.

oh and whats with guys? its like, this is the second male i've told and i get a hug, Sonic got hugs from Ben too. its like coming out to guys that are accepting automatically earns you a free hug.
How, how come only you guys get hugs?! I want free hugs too!

Veril

Frame Savant
oh and whats with guys? its like, this is the second male i've told and i get a hug, Sonic got hugs from Ben too. its like coming out to guys that are accepting automatically earns you a free hug.
That bold part is key.

I took part in the day of silence every year since 2001. And yeah, I don't agree with the idea anymore. I'd rather kiss boys (and girls), get on my soapbox, discuss politics and society and giggle (GAY!).

i don't have many friends irl, but the few i do have are female mostly.
:(

I was pretty popular by the time I told people I was bisexual or whatever (in high school). That reduced the fallout a lot, I had enough of a friend cushion that nobody really gave me any s***. When I wasn't out or popular (middle school), things were really bad.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
im still relatively closeted, i hated HS it was a nightmare for me. middle school wasn't any better before hand so that made it even worse.

i barley had any friends in HS, even one of my friends said that at one time before we became friends he thought i was one of those guys that might shoot up the school. i only got some friends later on in HS cause a videogame clob was started and i kicked everyones *** in all the fighters, especially smash. (this has not changed) college has been slightly better, but mostly cause i force out that other person to deal w/ other people.

sorry you don't get free hugs Adum *sends hugs*

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
wow I do not bother reading this thread for like a day, now I'am lost on what the main topic is, I should read this place more or just ask someone here what you guys are talking about, so what is it you guys are discussing now

Takumaru

Smash Lord
wow I do not bother reading this thread for like a day, now I'am lost on what the main topic is, I should read this place more or just ask someone here what you guys are talking about, so what is it you guys are discussing now
you can go back and read one or two pages to figure out what's going on. Anyway, the current "topic" is valentine's day plans err... what you did for valentines since it's over now. Normally we don't really have a main topic. Just go with the flow of things yo!

EDIT: last edit removed because it wasn't gay enough.

Smooth Criminal

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I just got back from our school's valentine's day dance... with a girl. :ohwell:

Meanwhile, I'm now home, and my brother brought home a guy.

Were is the justice.

I have a somewhat interesting question. What do you guys think about reading divinations like tarot cards or horoscopes?
Remember to keep it gay Tak.

Sanu

Smash Champion
o.0 that's sort of random Meno, is your brother gay?

I'd detail my Valentines but it's too late, I'm going to sleep. Byebyes!

Silent_Rain

Smash Journeyman
Well it's his straight best friend.

My brother is pretending to be bi. He thinks it's cool to be gay now.
I remember when I was in high school, being bi was like the "in" thing for emo kids (for girls in particular). I used to hang around them sometimes. Anyways, the whole being bi thing to look cool would annoy me..A LOT. How old is your brother anyways?

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
EDIT: I have a somewhat interesting question. What do you guys think about reading divinations like tarot cards or horoscopes?
I do Tarot readings for myself sometimes :/

It's pretty on point most of the time.

Eh Im a freshman and some of my friends know about my orientation (mostly girls and 1 guy lol) they're pretty cool about it though.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Well it's his straight best friend.

Awww man, but I've just joined the Neo-Nazi movement :urg:

I'm always like 60 years behind society :cry:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I never got the logic behind that...
It nabs the attention of nerdy girls/women who find homo-erotic undertones to be either "cool" or "arousing."

A jack-*** that i knew in High School pretended to like guys for a long time so that he could garner the affections of a couple girls in the group I used to find myself in. This duplicity went on for the longest time until he actually went on this one date with a guy. He admitted to "getting nervous" when the guy started making moves on him (mind you, I should note that in true teenage fashion he proclaimed that he has had an attraction for both males and females all his life). And even after that, he kept up the front; it lasted beyond High School, no less!

Ahhhh, if I had more time I would explain this in detail. But I gotta work. ;_;

Smooth Criminal

Timbers

check me out
I was pretty popular by the time I told people I was bisexual or whatever (in high school). That reduced the fallout a lot, I had enough of a friend cushion that nobody really gave me any s***. When I wasn't out or popular (middle school), things were really bad.
I can see how being popular would cushion any **** that comes your way. I had a decent group of friends but I was never the center of attention. I never really let anyone get too close for teh sake of "oh god they'll find out" stuff. I let a few people know, but only after I had known them as a personal friend and not just a friend of the group.
EDIT: I have a somewhat interesting question. What do you guys think about reading divinations like tarot cards or horoscopes? I just had a conversation with a group of a friends and the topic came up. I personally think there could be some validity in them. If anything they give you something to think about. Tarot cards are pretty much random chance, but I like them because the symbolism behind the cards helps me think things through more thoroughly. Unlike my coming out, my family WOULD kill me over this. -_-l
I think they're interesting but I never put my faith into them.
what a tool lol
It nabs the attention of nerdy girls/women who find homo-erotic undertones to be either "cool" or "arousing."

A jack-*** that i knew in High School pretended to like guys for a long time so that he could garner the affections of a couple girls in the group I used to find myself in. This duplicity went on for the longest time until he actually went on this one date with a guy. He admitted to "getting nervous" when the guy started making moves on him (mind you, I should note that in true teenage fashion he proclaimed that he has had an attraction for both males and females all his life). And even after that, he kept up the front; it lasted beyond High School, no less!

Ahhhh, if I had more time I would explain this in detail. But I gotta work. ;_;

Smooth Criminal
how plastic, wow.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
have you ever heard the saying about GSAs consisting of fat white girls coming and waiting for two guys to start making out?

you can figure out the rest from there
um... it's cool to have fat white girls salivating over you?

I like being gay. it gives me a really unique dynamic with my friends. If I weren't gay I'd NEVER be able to stay as close with Ben and Jenna after they started going out together. They are two of my best friends and, I mean clearly they go on dates alone together, but a lot of times we'll go out just the three of us, or the three of us will share a cuddle party. I mean, if I were straight, ben would get incredibly jealous that I'd spend time with jenna and such. And Ben and jenna realize that, Ben being straight and all, any time I flirt with him, it's a joke. Anyway I love 'em both so I'm glad we get to stay so close and being gay lets me do that in such a way that being straight would not.

Besides, being gay is also great in the sense that you can pick and choose. I mean, straight people have certain conventions as to what they can an can't do. You know? I mean you could be exceptionally metrosexual and still be straight, but, for the most part, there are certain ways you aren't supposed to act if you're straight. Gay people ARE allowed to act those ways and not get looked at funny... but if you don't WANT to, then you're allowed to act "straight" as well and also not get looked at funny. Kinda a win win there. Having a choice is always better than not having one.

Takumaru

Smash Lord
all the people above me said:
Words n stuffz
Nothing changed for me when I came out. People crack random gay jokes and they're more directed at me but otherwise nothing changed. I'm not more popular with anyway, I don't act any differently, and I don't think it gives me license to do things that are considered "taboo" by heterosexual folks. I did whatever the hell I wanted before I came out anyway regardless of conventional behaviour and what not.

Timbers

check me out
I'm not like super open about it. Like only 3 of my friends actually know that I still stay in contact with, and I don't see them very often anyways. We're ***** to each other so naturally I get a lot of gayjokes but it never bothers me, as I'm too busy being amazing trashing on them for **** clothing or some ugly chick they hook up with. I still feel a bit uncomfortable if I'm hanging out with a friend and his girlfriend, but it's not so much that I'm uncomfortable with them knowing but it's more of a third-wheel scenario. Like I said I'm not very open with it, and as I've been out of highschool for a while I don't have any reliables "ways" of hooking up with people without making it blatantly obvious. School you at least had ulterior motives to cover it up. So I guess hanging out with friends and their girlfriends is a bit wierd for me, I feel like I come off as that creepy guy who's got nothing better to do than tag along.

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
Nothing changed for me when I came out. People crack random gay jokes and they're more directed at me but otherwise nothing changed. I'm not more popular with anyway, I don't act any differently, and I don't think it gives me license to do things that are considered "taboo" by heterosexual folks. I did whatever the hell I wanted before I came out anyway regardless of conventional behaviour and what not.
no one has a clue on my sexuality, and even if they did, I dont think anything will change, my school is cool with gays and stuff so yeah, dosent matter really,

I have know someone that dresses and acts like he is gay but everyone knows he isnt gay because he has a girl friend everyone knows, he makes gay jokes everyonce in awhile and everyone laughs including me, and I hardly laugh there that funny O.o,

Veril

Frame Savant
I don't really see what the problem is with "gay being cool". Seriously, its a good thing. Better than gay being shameful and putting you in danger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom