• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LGBT Smashers

Status
Not open for further replies.

meresilence0

Smash Apprentice
I wish I was better at singles, but people just start spamming, and then I forget they're doing THE SAME THING EVERY FREAKING COMBO!! I scare myself sometimes... =/

Teams is a problem solely because nobody wants to play teams in my area, or else we play as though it was a free-for-all, but with the inablility to hit one person. It's not fun, and the team part of it is lacking severely. FML.

Timbers

check me out
teams are mad fun. Around August I started becoming bored with singles as a whole, because I started realizing what the game would become as it's metagame evolved. It's a campfest. I'll play it to play it but there is no ambition or determination for me to play the game. During melee I spent two years readily wanting to improve and practice, and I never got bored of it. Brawl I'll play like an hour and be done for the week. UNLESS IT'S TEAMS, because teams are so **** fun. I agree with what Desu said. You can pull off some crazy **** in teams. I, as Lucario, did a lot of teamplay with a Wario and and a Snake. Snake's dthrow trapped the opponent incredibly well thanks to Luc's lingering hitboxes, as well as trapping an airborne opponent between nades and luc fsmash. Wario was just whole lots of fun to play with, tons of crazy **** you could do...I could write a novel on it.

meresilence0

Smash Apprentice
I'd love a new teambuddy (my melee one moved away), but nobody here in wisconsin plays smash (okay so like .0000000000041% of people). Therefore... I'm stuck playing singles in tourneys, and the vast majority of people here are crapsacks to the competition in some chicago circles.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
I love doubles, I perform SO much better in them than in singles just because all those lucario and metaknight players don't have an entire stage to run away from me. I REALLY hate singles because I spend the majority of the match chasing people. It's really starting to make me hate the game. I don't even post on class forums all that much anymore because the appeal of brawl is dieing... fast.
****** Lucario....roll roll roll roll roll roll roll like rolie polie oli on crack :mad:

yeah playing chase is not fun at all. i do it in FFAs weekly offline, online is the only time i get a bit more then chase battles but even then my connection sux and there are stil some runners/spammers/etc. i never get to play on teams.....:(

Play melee, or Brawl+, they're both games where offense is strong enough to not make the game all about chasing people.

Seriously, Brawl needs a different mindset then Melee, and it seems to me you're too offense-minded for Brawl to be really interesting for you.
someones got to bring the offense at some point right? but yeah you are right.

The.End

Smash Cadet
I prefer the singles :D Although doubles is very fun, it just doesn't feel as satisfying unless your teammate is out and it's a 2v1 and you manage to win. 1v1 feels more fun, some players play defensive some play offensive, if you learn the way they play in the first match, you can always pick an other character that does better in attacking a defensive mindset.
I'm not into the hole Brawl+ thing- I'll stick to regular brawl :D
Actually there is smash here, just that everything is so far from each other.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Chicago's a little too far for me lol. I plan on going to Genesis though, provided my ride doesn't wimp out. Still waiting for confirmation from him before I go ahead and prereg.
Don't why I quoted this, but...

>_< I want to meet everybody from the LBGT thread at Genesis. No johns.

Smooth Criminal

The.End

Smash Cadet

meresilence0

Smash Apprentice
****... No travelling for me. Not until june. sad face
But I'd love to meet everyone sometime. Just in a public place where I have a taser.

Timbers

check me out

Smooth Criminal
You're coming from Florida? That's pretty surprising. If you travel that far, meeting up with you is the least I could do lol.

Genesis is in July by the way.

Too far xD Anyhow I just promised my friend that i'd tell them something 'important'.. In other words, i'm outting myself because her boyfriend thinks I love her, and so does she. o.o I told her that I would tell her tomorrow. So now i have to. O_O
oh man I'd dread being in your position. I hate creating anticipation for anything. It builds expectations o.O

Takumaru

Smash Lord
Play melee, or Brawl+, they're both games where offense is strong enough to not make the game all about chasing people.

Seriously, Brawl needs a different mindset then Melee, and it seems to me you're too offense-minded for Brawl to be really interesting for you.
I played melee for 6 years. I've been on SWF since '02, took a 6 month break from the game, and when I came back I couldn't remember my password so I made this account. I stopped playing melee because it died out in central Indiana. Seriously, the consistent melee players in Indianapolis consisted of only myself and kishprime for a while and everyone else was in either southbend, PU, or IU. I'd pick up melee again but my chances to play it are so incredibly limited there's no reason to. I've never played brawl+ so I dunno what I think of it.

Um, I use peach (used samus in melee) and that's really gay. Gay enough for you, meno?

meresilence0

Smash Apprentice
I use all girl characters when I mean business, but my fave has to be marth. he's so sexy... **** tv getting in between us.

GAY ENOUGH FOR YOU MENO?

Mazaloth

Smash Ace
Fixed it. Ike is cuter anyway.
Ike is a hawty. I must confess I have a crush on him. =P
I can see both arguments.

Marth has a feminine posture and smooth facial features, this makes him appear much 'cuter' and of course delicate.
While Ike has a more masculine features such as more broadness and bolder facial expressions. This would have a more 'rough' look.

Hmmm, those descriptions was my pathetic attempt to make both of them seem 'arousing' and a failed attempt to be little more sexually 'tuned'.
I'll shut up and let you people do the whole 'Appealing scale' thing...
Sorry for the failed attempt.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
I use all girl characters when I mean business, but my fave has to be Ganon. he's so sexy... **** MK getting in between us.

GAY ENOUGH FOR YOU MENO?
Fixed it. Ike is almost as cute as Ganon.
Ganon is a hawty. I must confess I have a crush on him. =P
there all fixed now.
is it gay enough now Meno?

on a funny note. i was talking to my sis a while ago and she said one day she was talking to our mom about what if we had been born earlier when she, my mom, was like in her 20s. she said our mom said we'd be like 30 now and my sis would be married w/ kids. then she said i would have a husbandwife and be married. when i heard that part i was like @.@ and
0.o then i loled. she doesn't even know im gay yet she made a gay comment about me by mistake.

@Maz
you'll get it at some point, try thinking a bit simpler, it could help :p

Timbers

check me out
marth is a ***, ike is a man. go ike.

I hate the future talks. It's like you have to stupidly agree with anything that's said, especially if it's your parents.

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
gah your all wrong, the most sexy is this guy his beauty is all he needs

I try to avoid future talks, they tend to back fire sooner or later for you, but yeah. I hardly establish one so I have no reall problem, you went to a discussion of sexy marth, topics here change quickly

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
You're coming from Florida? That's pretty surprising. If you travel that far, meeting up with you is the least I could do lol.

Genesis is in July by the way.
I know. Which is why the likelihood of me going is like, ninety-nine percent. Lol. Even while living on my own I should be able to stockpile money pretty easily. There's also a good chance I'll be getting a roommate before then too. One of my best friends (who happens to be transgender, btw. And as much as I love her, it's not Lobelia) is moving back down to Florida for good. Due to money-crunching at his college, they put an indefinite freeze on his grant. And since they won't even look at the appeal he's filed, he's just calling college quits for the time being. Obvious perk of the working roommate: Divide and conquer on the bills=more money between the two.

Maybe I can convince Alex (the person moving down here) to come along? I brought up the prospect of going to Genesis and there was plenty of hype.

Hmmm..

Smooth Criminal

Silent_Rain

Smash Journeyman
marth is a ***, ike is a man. go ike.
LOL at the comparison Timbers make between Marth and Ike. I must agree though that even in human guys, I have a thing for ruggedness. Ike has that manly voice and more masculine structure. For guys, for example, I have a thing for guys who have nice facial hair. I do not mean like guys with long beards >.>. My favorite example that I like to use is this guy who comes out in this music video who plays the part of the boyfriend for the girl.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxJA0NOJd30

I like that kind of facial hair. He would be my idea boy. He can play guitar and he has nice facial hair ^.^

But anyways back to the point I was making with Ike and Marth. Marth is too pretty, as such, I do not really find "pretty" boys attractive physically in real life. Other things such as gauges also intrigue me. Ike with all his manlyness makes me melt inside. Many gay guys tend to have more feminine features when they present themselves and well that does not really get my attention. Anyways, that's just me. One of my roommates, is gay and he is always drooling over "pretty" boys.

meresilence0

Smash Apprentice
Marth seems like the quieter type though... Ike is more of a "LET'S DO THIS!!" type guy.

Or there's always Link. Good old, silent, grunts-only Link... *drools*

Lulz... Grunts only... I love it more now. *giggle*

So Meno should be happy that this thread is now pretty gay, and we're arguing over who looks better.

FIXED IT MENO!!

Mazaloth

Smash Ace
Marth seems like the quieter type though... Ike is more of a "LET'S DO THIS!!" type guy.

Or there's always Link. Good old, silent, grunts-only Link... *drools*

Lulz... Grunts only... I love it more now. *giggle*

So Meno should be happy that this thread is now pretty gay, and we're arguing over who looks better.

FIXED IT MENO!!

I don't know about this whole attractiveness stuff, but how can you think someone that can only utter.

"HAAAAAAAA!"
"HYAAAAAAAAAA!"
"YAAAAA!"
"HmmYHAAAA!".

Be attractive? Honestly, he is worse then a god****ed mime on crack.
When I look at him I want to repeatedly stab him, **** his puppy, then to top it off burn his puppy on him while getting a steamroller riding it over him and screaming, "WRRRRRRRY".

...Sorry a little over the end there. huh?

Timbers

check me out
LOL at the comparison Timbers make between Marth and Ike. I must agree though that even in human guys, I have a thing for ruggedness. Ike has that manly voice and more masculine structure. For guys, for example, I have a thing for guys who have nice facial hair. I do not mean like guys with long beards >.>. My favorite example that I like to use is this guy who comes out in this music video who plays the part of the boyfriend for the girl.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxJA0NOJd30

I like that kind of facial hair. He would be my idea boy. He can play guitar and he has nice facial hair ^.^

But anyways back to the point I was making with Ike and Marth. Marth is too pretty, as such, I do not really find "pretty" boys attractive physically in real life. Other things such as gauges also intrigue me. Ike with all his manlyness makes me melt inside. Many gay guys tend to have more feminine features when they present themselves and well that does not really get my attention. Anyways, that's just me. One of my roommates, is gay and he is always drooling over "pretty" boys.
I prefer a trimcut beard over cleanshaven anyday, but cleanshaven doesn't necessarily turn me off. I don't like the "pretty boys" at all. If I was looking for an emotional whiney ***** I'd still be straight. :bee: I like "rugged" guys. Not necessarily "I AM A MAN WATCH ME CHISEL THIS PILLAR WITH MY BEARD" but one that can support himself emotionally and wouldn't freak if his hair got messed up. I would never want to get into a relationship with a guy that wants to feel pretty, rather than handsome.
So no love for super manly Captain Falcon? Anyone think he's overcompensating to hide something?
it's an unspoken rule that everyones gay for falcon.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
I prefer a trimcut beard over cleanshaven anyday, but cleanshaven doesn't necessarily turn me off. I don't like the "pretty boys" at all. If I was looking for an emotional whiney ***** I'd still be straight. :bee: I like "rugged" guys. Not necessarily "I AM A MAN WATCH ME CHISEL THIS PILLAR WITH MY BEARD" but one that can support himself emotionally and wouldn't freak if his hair got messed up. I would never want to get into a relationship with a guy that wants to feel pretty, rather than handsome.
seems like everyone hates the fems these days.:ohwell:
lol at the beard chiseling. but i like all kinds of men anyway after all being w/ the girly guy would give me xtra time to play MAN lol.:chuckle:

it's an unspoken rule that everyones gay for falcon, Except JigglyZelda....[/QUOTE]

fixed that one

Sanu

Smash Champion

Smooth Criminal
Oh. Well, we've met already. You failed us in Housing last summer <.<; We got to your place at 12 amish but no one was there... we then proceeded to drive around for 3 hours until we finally found the venue. At least you apologized in the end, but we were so pissed xP

I dunno why I even recounted what happened, I'm sure you remember XD.

Edit: Rugged guys >>> super femme guys for me. Moderately femme guys, in body only, are fine though ^_^. I can't take the femme/stereotypical mannerisms, they really drive me insane. This post on topic now? <.>

Timbers

check me out
Edit: Rugged guys >>> super femme guys for me. Moderately femme guys, in body only, are fine though ^_^. I can't take the femme/stereotypical mannerisms, they really drive me insane. This post on topic now? <.>
Oh, body type doesn't really bother me. You can be a slender guy and not have to act like a complete flamer the entire time. I could say this works in retrospect of a built guy being feminine but I don't think that's possible, as building muscles tends to be directly sourced from a want to be more masculine. I like a guy that likes being a guy, not flipflopping between two genders. Flamers, drama queens, etc. Can't stand them. Which leads me to..
seems like everyone hates the fems these days.:ohwell:
lol at the beard chiseling. but i like all kinds of men anyway after all being w/ the girly guy would give me xtra time to play MAN lol.:chuckle:
hmm not hate, but it just feels like their lifestyle is so forced. It doesn't feel real at all to me. Physically speaking, I don't mind a slender guy, or a feminine face, or anything like that. I'm more concerned about their personality.

Sanu

Smash Champion
hmm not hate, but it just feels like their lifestyle is so forced. It doesn't feel real at all to me. Physically speaking, I don't mind a slender guy, or a feminine face, or anything like that. I'm more concerned about their personality.
I 100% agree with this. Body isn't truly an issue, it's really the mannerisms that bug me. If a hot, rugged guy is femme in personality and actions, that would be a huge turn off. :laugh:

Timbers

check me out
somewhat of a weird story. My friend (he's bi) and I had a falling out a few years ago and then he started dating my sister. Now I didn't particularly care about that, cause we hadn't talked much for about 8 months before he and my sister started dating. But, more and more he came over the more and more I became creeped out by him, and I think my sister did too. He'd like spontaneously walk out in my sister's clothing and **** and just wanted to like OH MY GOD SHOP ALL THE TIME. During their dating I started talking to him again and hanging out and it was just like wow he changed so much. Always wanted to go to the mall and would always want to go look at chick's clothing and stuff and just talk with the girls there about how cute pants or a shirt was. It was just such a huge turnoff. Like before our falling out I had always thought he was cute but never said anything or made a move because he was in a weird on-and-off relationship with another guy. After seeing this I was just disgusted with him. My sister said the same thing several months later, saying how much of a *** he was lol. I'm surprised my dad didn't beat his face in the first few times he walked out in my sister's shirt and stuff (and mind you he was like 2x the size of my sister, so yer mental images.)

No idea where that came from.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
THANK YOU!

From my observations of the LGBTA community it seems like as soon as somebody comes out, they pretty much always take on the attributes of the other gender, not so much because they were hiding their real personality, but because it's expected if you're gay.

The term "straight acting" is especially indicative about this, if you're a gay guy and don't act fem, you're just pretending to be straight.

My bro never had this problem cause he always was fem, but my sis (who's also gay) had issues with being "too fem to be gay". She's not somebody that lets anybody decide her lifestyle, so she's still pretty fem (think the "strong woman" personality) but she caught a good amount of flac from certain parts of the community for being "straight-acting".

Sanu

Smash Champion
All I have to say to adumbrodeus' post is...

xfd lets conform to the non-conformists. What they said to your sister is narrow-minded and ridiculous.

The.End

Smash Cadet
Gargh blargh- Random words. I had a bad day.
I don't know where I stand in this fem or masculine thing- I'm probably in the dead center, I don't really act all masculine, but i don't really act fem, actually i don't act fem at all. Anyhow, this reminds me of what I am often told when I mention something is 'cute'. My sibling often says that the word 'cute' is only used by gays... That really pisses me off when he says that, that giant homophobe. But really, even the most manly men use the word 'cute'...
I've never seen a masculine man act feminine. o.o

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Oh. Well, we've met already. You failed us in Housing last summer <.<; We got to your place at 12 amish but no one was there... we then proceeded to drive around for 3 hours until we finally found the venue. At least you apologized in the end, but we were so pissed xP

I dunno why I even recounted what happened, I'm sure you remember XD.
Yeah, I still feel like an ******* for that. I'm really sorry.

Can't we be friends...?

>___>

*sniffles.*

Smooth Criminal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom