• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Let's talk about Link.

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
yo stos post the full pic of ur smashboards avatar i've seen it before but i didnt save it

eidt also post the set of images if theres a set lol i wanna make some stupid *** sigs

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
yo stos post the full pic of ur smashboards avatar i've seen it before but i didnt save it

eidt also post the set of images if theres a set lol i wanna make some stupid *** sigs

they look so fresh =D

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
I have to ask, just because its been bugging me for so long.

Where did you get this pic?

Its just so epic.
um HIih found it i dont know where haha.

thiers another pic in the same thread.

the thread was something like

"truth about links" or w.e. something with the word "truth"

FishkeeperTimmay!

Smash Ace
um HIih found it i dont know where haha.

thiers another pic in the same thread.

the thread was something like

"truth about links" or w.e. something with the word "truth"

I remember the thread. It was fairly amusing.

****, I'm sad. I thought you personally knew these people.

It would definitely add pro points to yourself.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
i guess i have to get AIM.
dont worry i'll get used to it, Canadians uses it to for Americans =D

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
i do :D
and alot of ppl turned away from aim.....idk what for

also, im having problems against captain falcon's approach.
i cant throw a rang cuz they'll arial and kick/knee it right back, and then he'll come in.
arrows........... lol
and i barely have a chance to pull out bombs.
shield pressure is rediculous, how everything falcon does can be comboed into knee or grab.
HELP!

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
Milk is amazing i just drank a glass full and want more but but then im out of milk =(

hmm Shae, that falcon sounds though. Remember you can CC his Nair. Everytime I face a falcon i try to stop his approaches with projectiles and of course Jab. SPAM HIM. lol. but seriously, jabs, nair, rangs bomb and last resort arrows.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Bombs beat Falcon's recovery. DI up for the nairs to make it hard on him to combo with them, and away if he switches to uairs.

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
thanks stos i have a new sig now (my sig rotates tho so you'll all prob have to refresh like 6 times before it shows up lol)

Justblaze647

Smash Lord
Running for my life in the forests of Eelong
also, im having problems against captain falcon's approach.
i cant throw a rang cuz they'll arial and kick/knee it right back, and then he'll come in.
arrows........... lol
and i barely have a chance to pull out bombs.
shield pressure is rediculous, how everything falcon does can be comboed into knee or grab.
HELP!
Falcon for top tier!

10jk

Spife

Smash Master
Turn around and utilt, bair or just jab. You can also CC dsmash him if he doesn't knee for the approach.
Tsk I was to late. I was gonna say this. Just space an uptilt, then walking uptilt (like shiek)
bair? that' seems like a weird one.
FJ nairs also work

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
Milk is amazing i just drank a glass full and want more but but then im out of milk =(

hmm Shae, that falcon sounds though. Remember you can CC his Nair. Everytime I face a falcon i try to stop his approaches with projectiles and of course Jab. SPAM HIM. lol. but seriously, jabs, nair, rangs bomb and last resort arrows.
I love milk!
Yeah what Stos said, CC his nair, when I play Falcon I usually use that to set some stuff up, so watch out for that and dtilt.
As long as I have an opportunity to pull projectiles out, they destroy his approach.
Definately use arrows as a last resort, as they hardly stun long enough to stop a Falcon.
Chase him off the edge with nairs like it's no ones business.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
Link dittos are ****ing AMAZING

against falcon, i see stos using jabs a lot to force them into shield
and then he does reverse b-air or n-air and lands behind them for pressure
and then he u-tilts and they can't really do anything out of shield... sots is so gay lol
i still love you =D

though sometimes my utilt is suppose to be a turn around jab.. with with my Ftilts.
also guys we have vidoes with Arrow rapeage. we have combos with arrows included in it.
this ****in' ridiculous.

Spife

Smash Master
where the **** is everyone?
*****es and hoes ? hell if I know

so I was playing SSB64 and Link is TERRIBLE. I mained Link and Pikachu when I played (as a casual but the game mechanics go both ways in terms of concepts and basic techniques). Pikachu (being tippy top tier) >>>>>>>>>>> Link (being worst worst of the worst worst tier). Now obviously, Pikachu is much better then Link, but its reallllly noticeable x-x

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Hookers and blow people.

Hookers and blow.

Also I'm really struggling with finding the right time to pluck bombs with Link. It seems that plucking a bomb can be rather dangerous, but I feel awkward without having it around to help me control space. Should I learn to pluck bombs safer, or am I mistaking the bombs' purpose for the rang and should I just be aiming the rang better?

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
The dtilt causes a butt-ton of hitstun so there is a time to pull them out.
Maybe just use the Rang as your time to pull bombs out. I never really notice when I do it, I've always got one out all the time.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Jump away and pull one.

Throw the batarang and pull one.

Pull one when your opponent is in America (or I would pull one when you're in Canada).

Basically, dont pull it in their face. XD

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
throw rang and then grab bomb.
or if you have4 a bomb already FJ throw it you can then DJ grab another bomb.

Wafflez

Smash Journeyman
So this is where Stos is all the time.

*Looks around the forums*

The Melee Discussion Threads, hmm? I wish I could contribute, but I play more Brawl than I do Melee.

*Puts on flame suit and sits in a bunker*

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Brawl players don't really have opinions, that's why they don't realize that Brawl sucks.

...yeah, that sorta makes sense.

Spife

Smash Master
I wish I were casual so I could go back to enjoying the silly modes of these games, that way I could play brawl and not know any better personally and think sonic is tough **** and go through the whole tiers learn experience. *sighs*

it's 4 ****ing 30 int he morning what am I don't still up? Crusin the Link boards!

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
i came 9th yesterday in OIN4.
thier was anther, lain and soap from U.S. that entered melee.
i guess i did okay.

the only problem i had really was fox. i ****ing hate fox =(

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
Due to the incredible relevance of the issue, I must share my opinion on ssb64 tiers. >.>

Link is better than Samus in the abstract because of his ability to control space with projectiles and actually combo pretty well, but I don't think he really has any good matchups. Samus at least has one decent matchup in Jiggs, just because neither of them combo each other and Samus' bair is huge and shuts Jiggs down.

Isai can do really well with link (as can other really good players) because they can play well enough to not really get hit, which is Link's main weakness (how few mistakes he can afford to make). Going by matchups and assuming equal skill, though, Samus is probably a little better.

So it depends on how you look at it. Most people would probably say Link > Samus. (Samus is so bad... ><)

Top Bottom