• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Let's talk about Link.

Smash Master
What can Link do to punish a missed rest? I was messing around to training mode and I got a true combo from bom throw up, roll behind, throw boomerang for 16, bomb connects for 6, dair hits for 17 for a total of 39 damage and a nice upward trajectory.

idea

Smash Master
the boomerang to falling bomb to dair could work...but like soap mentioned, you could probably DI out of parts of that. if not the boomerang then after the bomb hits.

haha, stos doesn't have a good punish either =D i still haven't thought of one. projectile to strong move seems to make the most sense, but it's hard to get that stuff consistently with the DI mixups and all.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
What can Link do to punish a missed rest? I was messing around to training mode and I got a true combo from bom throw up, roll behind, throw boomerang for 16, bomb connects for 6, dair hits for 17 for a total of 39 damage and a nice upward trajectory.
you can throw a boomerang past jiggs and get both f-smashes in at
you have to be very very careful with timing though

RomeDogg

Smash Journeyman
I think if you do that bomerrang bomb set up on a sleeping jiggs an up-air might be a safer option to finish it. Since your more likely to land it even if the jiggs DI's. It only does a drop less damage then the down air anyway, so not a big lose. Also if jiggs is at higher percents its harder to land a down air.

Skler

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure a fully charged sweetspotted dsmash is the same thing as a dair as far as %s are concerned. For knockback I've always gone with the dair, if only because I think it's slightly harder to SDI.

Deva

Smash Lord
depends on what you mean. Are you asking if the dair comes out faster than the d-smash? Regardless, just based on speed, from a grounded position, you'd have to take into account the jumping frames before being able to use the dair, so d-smash would be faster. However imo, dair is a better kill move.

Spife

Smash Master
wait, can't we use statistics to back up which one is the better one to kill?

Spife

Smash Master
naa

we could just go with the FACT that the dair skullfuk looks like it hurts alot more
...you're so right! Some one should make a combo video called "Skull ****ing" which just uses dair combos from Link >___>

metashinryu

Smash Ace
depends on what you mean. Are you asking if the dair comes out faster than the d-smash? Regardless, just based on speed, from a grounded position, you'd have to take into account the jumping frames before being able to use the dair, so d-smash would be faster. However imo, dair is a better kill move.
i meant it in like,you can skull**** someone outta shield,have mobility when using it,less cooldown lag(l-cancelled) and you need to be on earth swinging 2 ways,with dair even if you miss,but l cancel,you can skraa right away,with downsmash,miss it and get wrecked by my falcon...

and not to mention that dair looks friggin awesome when you kill someone with it.

Deva

Smash Lord
d-smash is better as a spacing tool. even with the l-cancel, dair doesnt push people away much in their shield. You'll still get punished. properly spaced d-smashes are great for pressuring players in their shield though. I'm not disagreeing that dair is a better kill move, however.

rhan

Smash Hero
And sometimes D-smash with both Link and YLink hit through poor shields. Always a good surprise against the unexpecting victim.

Gotta love Link.

metashinryu

Smash Ace
d-smash is better as a spacing tool. even with the l-cancel, dair doesnt push people away much in their shield. You'll still get punished. properly spaced d-smashes are great for pressuring players in their shield though. I'm not disagreeing that dair is a better kill move, however.
yeah,i thought you were talking about killing matters,not spacing,sorry about that

HiIH

Smash Lord
Dair is to punishable to hit purposely hit a shield anyway X_X.

Err, anyways what I wanted to talk about is bair combos. I've been using the bair ALOT more lately. After getting hit with the bair, alot of people seem to love to double jump (into either a utilt or a second bair hit in the invincibility frames.) Before I start saying some other tricks I like to use, does anyone else have any cool bair tricks they like to use?

Spife

Smash Master
bair -> grab, but if people dj after it I kinda go for the grab anyway, thanks for the bair -> utilt though :3

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
^ I seriously have no control over them going up.. like seriously LOL.
Your Sheik is all over my Link, I'm terrible in this game.
I need some warrior spirit.
btw I like your new cut.

bair turn-around jab to w.e.?

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
you need to combo with boring uairs more lol

boring uairs into a ko or edgeguard > bair jab grab u-tilt scraaaaaaaaaaahhhh stuff that doesn't work all the time

bair --> move is really good with link but you give up a lot of chances to just do 40 damage or so with uair spam lol and uair spam is pretty safe too not much goes through link's uair from above :laugh:

idea

Smash Master
he's right, your link could stand to be more boring =P

you've got the flashy coolness down already, no need to work on that more.

if you still want to increase in flashy coolness, use falcon!

onedayafter7

Smash Apprentice
edge teching. is good for most characters but seems to be a problem with link. of what i have seen there are two kinds of edge techs. one where you simply tech and begin to fall again and two where after teching the character seems to perform a wall jump. this second tech is a problem for me because if you don't up b immediately after teching the wall jump will send you to far away to up b with and your facing the wrong direction to hookshot. anyone know of a way to recover from this?

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
theirs barely any choices after a jump tech. I prefer Up B'ing after the wall jump.

complicated stuff
once you wall jump you can nair right away and once you nair you can DI back and Up b to the edge. lol @ snair recovery.
or
wall tech > reverse rang > air dodge hootshot.

im pretty sure thiers more ways around.

bottomline, just wall tech by pressing R or L. Holding up to teching makes you jump.

Spife

Smash Master
snair, i'm still mad at that haha
I'm the one who makes up stupid stuff and puts s infront of it!

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
grab bomb > grab edge > Edge jump but dont DI in > throw bomb @ wall > wall tech > nair.

in a recovery/teching situation, all you need to do wall tech > nair > DI back to Up B

risky so dont rely on it.

oh wow im so stupid. ahhwoowee, i over complicate stuff too much.

right when you wall jump you can air dodge towards the stage

Bummerz

Smash Apprentice
edge teching. is good for most characters but seems to be a problem with link. of what i have seen there are two kinds of edge techs. one where you simply tech and begin to fall again and two where after teching the character seems to perform a wall jump. this second tech is a problem for me because if you don't up b immediately after teching the wall jump will send you to far away to up b with and your facing the wrong direction to hookshot. anyone know of a way to recover from this?
when u edge/wall tech dont hold a direction when u tech that what makes you jump.. i push l b4 i even get hit and it still techs... link is a weirdo imo

i came accross that thread about hiku and read sklers story. i was so intrigued that i had to find the vido on youtube. i spent countless seconds totaling to about 30 of them franticly looking for the video. at last i found it. the coursers quickly roll over link and the screen goes blank... at that point it seamed like an eternity for the match to start. the anounser yells GO! and the screen stops "now loading" wtf mate as i refreshed the screen it took be to an obscene website. i returned to youtube and search again but that vid was never ment to be found agian...

sry im bored

Skler

Smash Master
Hiku doesn't appear in Youtube videos because if one was to view the sheer power and evil that is Hiku it would drive that person mad. He leaves people a shell of their former selves, be glad that you weren't subjected to the madness and pain of witnessing such a dark being.

Spife

Smash Master
Hiku doesn't appear in Youtube videos because if one was to view the sheer power and evil that is Hiku it would drive that person mad. He leaves people a shell of their former selves, be glad that you weren't subjected to the madness and pain of witnessing such a dark being.
Wut?
10wtfareyoutalkingabouts?

Top Bottom