• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

L cancel, Sonic specific, video proof soon.

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
Eventually I'll get Dnes or someone to upload it. I got excited when Cat said he could record but he's too much of a scrub to get it to work.

:093:
Box, STFU, you record it if you're as sexy as you say.

You can still have my lovechild though.

darkNES386

Smash Lord
The only thing I have managed to learn how to do after reading all of this is "bounce" with sonic's foward B. It's actually not that hard, but there is a timing... simply mashing jump doesn't do it for you. Kinda useful for mindgames? Plus... sonic's vertical spin jump actually goes higher than a regular jump so I'm considering using it in other situations.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
I didn't go through all the thread...are you people sure this is not a hoax?

Also, calling it after your name is laaame. People did that in early Melee, is it really necessary?

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
It's only necessary for boxob.

Not you.

Not me.

Only boxob.

And maybe catinthehat. he's a funny dude.

Napilopez

Smash Lord
I'm getting kinda tired of this =/ I actually believe Boxob.

My Capture card is giving me trouble, but I should be back home later tonite. If my capture card doesn't wanna work, Ill record it from my webcam or something. I just wanna settle this once and for all. Boxob you wanna get on WiFi late tonite so this may be settled?

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I'm getting kinda tired of this =/ I actually believe Boxob.

My Capture card is giving me trouble, but I should be back home later tonite. If my capture card doesn't wanna work, Ill record it from my webcam or something. I just wanna settle this once and for all. Boxob you wanna get on WiFi late tonite so this may be settled?
Please Boxob? Just rip off the bandage already.
The horribly sticky bandage...

darkNES386

Smash Lord
Everyone try this and decide if you have any desire to incorporate it into your game:

1.charge up a forward special and hold special button down
2.while holding special button jump
3.Once sonic is about to reach the ground start up another forward special and while holding special jump again just as you're hitting the ground
repeat 3 as long as you want and even move around.

Basically sonic "bounces" around and you get the following benefits:
1. A jump that is an attack with decent priority
2. A jump that is higher than a regular jump
3. A jump that can still be jump canceled out of at any time
4. BETTER DI than a regular jump
.....and so on.

Napilopez

Smash Lord
dNES, I think you've got the wrong tech, unless you're referring ti a different Tech. What you are describing sounds like the infinite spin jump described in the AT thread. I don't think boxcancelling is the same thing, althought perhaps I am wrong. Does the technique you're describing actually cancel lag? All I want is a tech that can let me cancel lag fromm FF fairs ='(

darkNES386

Smash Lord
There's no way you're going to cancel lag from a fast fall... that would be breaking one of the rules of the game physics. So yeah... if you're really fast and you can do a fair right out of a short hop you can spin dash... but that's not canceling lag. I have a hard enough time stringing together infinite side b jumps WITH the fast fall... which could prove useful if the timing is actually possible.

Don't get your hopes up then.

Napilopez

Smash Lord
Dnes, cancelling the lag from an ff fair is what this tech shud be able to do. Boxob said something along the lines that when u have a laggy landing from an fair, you flop around like a fish, which is what happens if you fast fall a fair. He says that with this you instantly jump back up. no lag.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Dnes, cancelling the lag from an ff fair is what this tech shud be able to do. Boxob said something along the lines that when u have a laggy landing from an fair, you flop around like a fish, which is what happens if you fast fall a fair. He says that with this you instantly jump back up. no lag.
I'm still very sketchy on being able to cancel all the lag...I mean, I GUESS it's possible, and if it is, Holy ****, Boxob just f*cking broke Sonic. But I still don't think it happened...Dness's concept seems to fit more with what Boxob discovered, which still is useful.

Napilopez

Smash Lord
I think that even if it doesn't cancel lag, this could be very useful, if its like what dnes described. However, I was simply stating what Boxob said the tech should be able to do. Also Cat confirmed that boxob could do something useful out of it, so lag cancel or not, I think its something we shud incorporate into high level play. dNES' descriptions certainly makes its seem like its useful for sonics gameplay flow.

I think as a general rule though, posting new techs without videos should be illegal, to avoid 12 pages of dispute like these =/

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I think that even if it doesn't cancel lag, this could be very useful, if its like what dnes described. However, I was simply stating what Boxob said the tech should be able to do. Also Cat confirmed that boxob could do something useful out of it, so lag cancel or not, I think its something we shud incorporate into high level play. dNES' descriptions certainly makes its seem like its useful for sonics gameplay flow.

I think as a general rule though, posting new techs without videos should be illegal, to avoid 12 pages of dispute like these =/
I know it could be useful even if it doesn't cancel lage. That iz wat i am sayin.

But you're right, it should be illegal. It should be even MORE illegal to make a thread about something possibly groundbreaking, not have videos, AND NOT EVEN BE ONLINE!
Get online NAO Boxob.

Boxob

Smash Champion
I AM BACK.

I really hate that my ridiculousness is ruining my credibility.

Can I show someone else tonight? Preferably someone with a recording device?

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
EDIT: Hi Boxob.

WAIT, IT'S BOXOB!

Napilopez

Smash Lord
Boxob I posted a bit ago Ill record it. I'm on my way home. I dunno if ill be able to get my tv tuner to work, but ill record it with my webcam if I have to.

I believe in you! XD

Ryan-K

Smash Master
yo wtf, this **** works stop being ***** you guys, jerry showed me this at his house today it's too good, it'd ridiculous. you can like space bair and just run away or whatever, uair's ridiculous horizontal range is too good, and you can do like dumb fair ****. lcancelled aerial into spring is so gay because of how fast it is and keeps sonic safe. sonic can approach with more than dash attack now

but hey keep doubting so when you space perfectly on a ddd's shield next time but realize sonic lags like an ******* and then get grabbed don't blame him

i recorded some **** but my stepdad is gonna be busy working the past few days so i wont be able to use the comp with the software and **** on it

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
yo wtf, this **** works stop being ***** you guys, jerry showed me this at his house today it's too good, it'd ridiculous. you can like space bair and just run away or whatever, uair's ridiculous horizontal range is too good, and you can do like dumb fair ****. lcancelled aerial into spring is so gay because of how fast it is and keeps sonic safe. sonic can approach with more than dash attack now

but hey keep doubting so when you space perfectly on a ddd's shield next time but realize sonic lags like an ******* and then get grabbed don't blame him

i recorded some **** but my stepdad is gonna be busy working the past few days so i wont be able to use the comp with the software and **** on it
Oh **** I feel like **** for not ***** with ****** about ****** and Boxob ***** **** *** ***** **************************************************** * *

I know you can't Ryan but anyone else...vids please? Anyone? I'm very interested still. If it works then I'm ecstatic. I can't offer because I don't have my Wii with me.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Chis is a stalker.
Where on earth is Boxoxoxoxob?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by ROOOOY!; Today at 01:41 AM. Reason: Due to inappropriatenessness ;[
I don't know why but this post killed any excitment about this tech I once had.

Could some one just fight Boxob already...

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Boxob, you get a cookie today, you've done quite well with this thread, and (still no proof, may eat this laterz...) it seems to hold a ring of truth the way your backing it. Your a funny, helpful Sonic. You'd not harm the community as some would (fake techs*coughs*) so, a cookie to you sir

infomon

Smash Scientist
When you use Fair, you look like a fish when you land.

When you Box Cancel a fair, you don't look like a fish, you jump out of the water.
Best metaphor evahr!

Boxob, if you come online I can record it (crappily, with a digital camera lol), but let's do it anyway :)

Altho my lag might be kinda bad..... waaah

Boxob

Smash Champion
Best metaphor evahr!

Boxob, if you come online I can record it (crappily, with a digital camera lol), but let's do it anyway :)

Altho my lag might be kinda bad..... waaah
I'd rather not try it with you, what with you living in Canada.

I'll be playing with Nape in about 20 minutes, he should be able to get a video up for you guys.

Boxob

Smash Champion
I'm pretty bored of this.

The only thing I found is what Dnes has been saying.

Still though, it's Box Canceling, and it has some real application.

My reasoning behind this was to see if I could get as many people with this as Zeal did with the 2xDsmash crap.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Sweet! Hooray for Napi! I'm excited guys, get some us something delicious.
EDIT: Argh, I figured that's what you were doing Boxob...

@Infzy, this is kind of off topic but just thought I'd throw this out there.
I just found out that if you have a digital camcorder, cables to plug it into a TV, and a TV with output slots, you can use the camcorder as a capture card. Watch this.

I know you said digital camera, but I didn't know if you meant like, picture camera, or video camera. Just thought I'd try and help out.

Protathlitis

Smash Cadet
I'm pretty bored of this.

The only thing I found is what Dnes has been saying.

Still though, it's Box Canceling, and it has some real application.

My reasoning behind this was to see if I could get as many people with this as Zeal did with the 2xDsmash crap.

Wow, I just wasted so much time reading 12 pages of crap. Oh well, I guess it was too good to be true anyways. I can't wait for Tenki to post something; maybe it will actually exist!

Top Bottom