• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby Question and Answer/Helpful Thread directory! <(^_^)>

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
As for stone edgeguarding, what I meant was Sonic has good DI and momentum canceling...Does he have invul during the spring at all? I honestly don't know...
Yes, he does. The Sonic boards feel that it's enough that they can use it to pass through the Stone.

As for the Final Cutter thing... it looks a lot like "Scarring", like with Wolf's F-Special.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
Yes, he does. The Sonic boards feel that it's enough that they can use it to pass through the Stone.

As for the Final Cutter thing... it looks a lot like "Scarring", like with Wolf's F-Special.
Um...wut's that?

...and I just remembered I was bored one day in training mode, fell of Big Blue's track, used fc, and sort of teleported to the top of a car I was under. It looks like the same thing as this...anyone wanna slow down Kewkky's replay of the match a lot and see if they can find anything useful?

thrillagorilla

Smash Ace
Speaking of replays, I would like a replay of both if you don't mind (assuming that RK was able to make one). I'll PM both of you my Wii and friend codes if you are willing to send them.
anyone wanna slow down Kewkky's replay of the match a lot and see if they can find anything useful?

Does this mean You don't trust me to find anything? :p

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I was actually going to slow it down and repost the video before you suggested it.

But I tried downloading it with the media converter and it keeps failing.

And it's ******** as hell because this program only gives me 5 conversions per day, and each time it fails, it uses up one. So I used up 3 for no reason.

But whatever.

Also, I would swear that I recently saw that final cutter glitch on Halberd like a day or two ago. I don't remember where though :/

I'm sure there's a way to repeat it consistently. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6Dj9UiUgGE
*shrug*

Here's the FC teleport slowed down

thrillagorilla

Smash Ace
I was actually going to slow it down and repost the video before you suggested it.

But I tried downloading it with the media converter and it keeps failing.

And it's ******** as hell because this program only gives me 5 conversions per day, and each time it fails, it uses up one. So I used up 3 for no reason.

But whatever.

Also, I would swear that I recently saw that final cutter glitch on Halberd like a day or two ago. I don't remember where though :/

I'm sure there's a way to repeat it consistently. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6Dj9UiUgGE
*shrug*

Here's the FC teleport slowed down
Lol at Captain Pikachu at the end. :) Kwekky is sending me a replay. I'll start researching as soon as I get it. Kirby was under the stage before it happened, so that part is already looking like what I thought it would. Thanks for slowing it down, Asdioh.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
I'm not sure what I can think of, but the hilt of the blade seems to be exactly level with the edge in the vid. Maybe that does something...?

I'm thinking this could have something to do with it because with Martha's DS ledgegrab AT thing (youtube that), you have to be exactly level with the edge and the upb would grab it...but then here, kirby can't ledgrab that early in his animation...this is just random things coming to my head from other things, btw, I have no idea how that would apply to this. But maybe it's just a glitch, which "cannot be explained by game mechanics."

Edit: He seems to go through the edge of the stage when he comes up, maybe that has something to do with it?

Edit2: I shall post this on AiB.

link64e

Smash Apprentice
Nice Glitch! I hope we can figure this out! :)

Edit: So after about an 1 1/2 of trying, I only got it once. I was under the stage and mashing around on the c-stick and got it. I tried and tried again using the c-stick and got nothing.

I thought it might have something to do with scaring (like Wolf) but that came up empty as well.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
I has a few questions, branching from my now locked topic.

1. scratch question one

2. I play with tap Jump on, and I am not changing that ever. Is that going to hamper my ability with Kirby?

3. I use Up-B a lot, mainly as a projectile. Is this a habit I should get out of?

3a. The same can be said of Dair; I tend to spam that a lot too.

4. Why are there so many Kirby Avatars?

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
I has a few questions, branching from my now locked topic.

1. What stages does Kirby do well on, which ones should I ban, and what other stage tactics can you give me?

2. I play with tap Jump on, and I am not changing that ever. Is that going to hamper my ability with Kirby?

3. I use Up-B a lot, mainly as a projectile. Is this a habit I should get out of?

3a. The same can be said of Dair; I tend to spam that a lot too.

4. Why are there so many Kirby Avatars?
1. Frigate, Jungle japes, Pokemon Stadium 1, Norfair, Rainbow, Battlefield, Pictochat, Brinstar, and Lylat... OF course these Are my own opinion Since I'm versatile depending on who my opponent selects. But I normally Ban FD or Rainbow Cruise.

2. Tap should be off IMO. Just try it without it on and see which one you like better. I play With The Wiimote+Nunchuk so I don't know how it is on any other Controller.

3. Don't become Predictable when doing it and don't let your opponent get to close to you because you can easily get grabbed afterward because of the landing lag.

3a. Dair is Great move that can easily be predicted when playing kirby players so just mix it up from fast falling Neutrals, Fast falling Bairs, and things of that sort.

4. Because Alot of people like Kirby and represent him. But Me I switch up to my favorite Anime Characters like Every month or so....To each his/her own..

A1lion835

Smash Champion
♣ Up Tilt and Up Air combos beg you to turn it off because you don't want to automaticly jump out of the blue. ♥
If you get used to it, you can do utilts without jumping with tap jump. I have no trouble short hopping...except empty short hops and sh nairs (it easy for me to do sh->aerial w/cstick, but nothing else...iunno why). It's hard for me to use X/Y to jump and then use an attack b/c all of those buttons use my thumb >.> that's why I'm training myself to grab with Y so I can switch Z to jump and then do that stuff...

Anyway, how did I start explaining my control settings?:confused:

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I only use Tap Jump with Pikachu. It's too weird to play with Tap Jump on for me.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
About the FC glitch, playing a falco sometimes runs me into a similair glitch, I phantasm the ledge and it just cancels the phantasm out when I'm at the ledge, I think a similair thing happens to FC.

It's just a spot on the ledge which causes the bug to happen, nothing that can be pulled off consistantly (>'_'<)

Lovely

Smash Lord
Anyway, how did I start explaining my control settings?:confused:
2. Tap should be off IMO. Just try it without it on and see which one you like better. I play With The Wiimote+Nunchuk so I don't know how it is on any other Controller.

♣ I think this guy is the one who started the tap jump thing. It would be better if some people quote others that are at least two post above they own. ;p ♥

Y.b.M.

Smash Master

♣ I think this guy is the one who started the tap jump thing. It would be better if some people quote others that are at least two post above they own. ;p ♥
Guilty as charged even though i was answering the guys question that I quoted in my previous post

Triple R

Smash Lord
About the FC glitch, playing a falco sometimes runs me into a similair glitch, I phantasm the ledge and it just cancels the phantasm out when I'm at the ledge, I think a similair thing happens to FC.

It's just a spot on the ledge which causes the bug to happen, nothing that can be pulled off consistantly (>'_'<)
Falcos can do it consistently though...... So I feel we could figure this out too.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
The God Kais Will Be Going To Apex...so If Any Of You All Will Be There I'll See You This Weekend!!!!

Triple R

Smash Lord
Really, they can't.

In the video it probably took quite a few tries.
Ummmm.... I know for a fact falcos can do it consistently. I know falcos that can do it on purpose right on the spot easily. You just have to be at the right height. If you were talking about the kirby thing, yeah we don't know anything about that.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Ummmm.... I know for a fact falcos can do it consistently. I know falcos that can do it on purpose right on the spot easily. You just have to be at the right height. If you were talking about the kirby thing, yeah we don't know anything about that.
I haven't heard of any falco that can do it consistantly, only sk92 would be crazy enough to pull off such a feat.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Hehe I'm travelling 10 hours to get to this tournament....I wouldn't call that Close...I live in Ohio...The Tournament is in New Jersey.....You just gotta get out in travel...things don't always come to you...you have to go get it...

RoflWafflez

Smash Apprentice
LoL trust me, im willing as anybody to go out there and get things...my parents on the other hand, well...they dont think its a smart idea to travel more than 1 hour to play a video game. >_< I cant do ****!

It SUX being under 18...

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
From close up, Falco's can surely do it consistently, but there's still the risk of not getting the ledge and missing :p
Actually, according to the height I've been mapping out the wolf's sideB to be getting to, either Falco's sideB will make him grab the ledge OR return on-stage if he misses. Otherwise, the ledge-cancelled sideB might work.

If I even used Falco, I'd try mastering this... One more recovery option is GREAT for a Falco!

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Actually, according to the height I've been mapping out the wolf's sideB to be getting to, either Falco's sideB will make him grab the ledge OR return on-stage if he misses. Otherwise, the ledge-cancelled sideB might work.

If I even used Falco, I'd try mastering this... One more recovery option is GREAT for a Falco!
Well, that kinda changes it, problem is that phantasming on stage is usually stupid.

I'll try to find the spot and see if I can get some success rate on hitting it :)

Triple R

Smash Lord
ok, so yesterday i went into a 2 minute match with falco to see if I could do it. I did it 7 times in two minutes. This is from a person who doesn't even play falco in friendlies. You just have to be at a similar height as that person was with wolf in the video when you hit the ledge. Tried the kirby thing for about 15 minutes. I couldn't figure out how to do it. :(

Watchful_Eye

Smash Apprentice
I asked a similar question some months ago, but:
What can I do against laster-campy Wolfs on wi-fi? I just cant dodge the projectiles so precisely in lag, so I often eat F-Smashes. If I approach from the air, I eat Shieldgrabs.

Sino

Smash Journeyman
Marth can do that thing with the ledge with his upB, there is a vid somewhere on YT but i can't find it. In the vid you can see he can follow up a fair, upB etc etc

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Why does Kirby's dash attack sometimes end early and not do the final hit while other times it does?

(Oh, and I just found out that our Aura Sphere is better than Lucario's, priority-wise. We clash with his fully charged Aura Sphere with ours, always, else we beat it. In fact, at Lucario's full power (two stocks down, 170%) we clash with him, and a Baby Aura Sphere can beat his Fully Charged Aura Sphere if we're on the same stock. Gonna add that to my guide.)

Top Bottom