• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby General Discussion

Tamoo

Smash Master
I havent seen like any pro matches of any jiggs or kirbies or GaW doing this at all, I presumed it was really unknown cos i searched for threads and got nothing. Still, its very useful knowledge for all players so i thought id post it

Skyson

Smash Ace
Kirby King 90 was exciting to watch.

I don't know of any videos of more recent good Kirbys.

Playing Kirby my own way just feels fun, and watching videos of cut and dry techniques with him would kill a little fun for me.

Triple R

Smash Lord
wow, kirby discussion has been relatively active lately, what gives.....

I don't think i've ever edge canceled hammer before. I've never thought of that. I'll have to try that out sometime.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
The height gives him some interesting things to do with the momentum he gets, IMO.

Being able to SH reverse aerial hammer and edgecancel off a platform on its far side from about half the stage away (perhaps a bit less) gives him the power to cover ground he normally can't.

Regardless, it's mainly just a stage-specific, situational trick.

Skyson

Smash Ace
....whaaaaat. No kidding?

This news is... exciting.

Might be playing another set of friendlies tonight. Reppin' Kirby. 8D

soap

Smash Hero
It works with all non-Up B moves that give you lift. Like Mario's cape and Marth's Dancing Blade. If you Fair(Bair is better with Mario) while landing after using it you'll prevent lift from the next one you use.
how do u get it back?

maybe this is why my marths over b randomly fails my marth recovery

i do aerial side b to fair alot

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
how do u get it back?

maybe this is why my marths over b randomly fails my marth recovery

i do aerial side b to fair alot
Jumping and landing without aerial lag refreshes overB. So if you cancel an aerial via hitting the ground it doesn't refresh. Wavedashing refreshes overB as well.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Fly is here because he loves Kirby. And by Kirby I mean Yoshi. And by Yoshi I mean LASER Yoshi. trufax

Also, Fly, it's unfortunate you got pranked so you you can't have a purple name that would allow you to passive aggressively impose your superiority over people.

Skyson

Smash Ace
;_;

but but but. Why not a Kirby/MBR party? D:

A KBR party? There should be a MELEE KIRBY BACK ROOM. D:

Kirby is my secondary for sure now, and I think I might end up dropping Sheik because I can't play her anymore. Link/Kirby for the winz.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
I was able to override the pink name by identifying myself as an MBR member. I'm actually kind of tempted to leave since my knowledge is limited to ICs and I don't feel qualified to discuss much else, but maybe I'll eventually find something to contribute.

edit: nvm, I'm just being emo.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Wow. Wavedashing refreshes it, really? I'm skeptical. I need to test that out. :laugh:
It's true, because Wavedashing technically requires you to leave the ground. What you're actually doing is simply causing the Special you use to not recognize that you've touched the ground, so the next time you use it in the air it will have the reduced lift. However, since every move like that gets refreshed when you jump and then touch the ground again, wavedashing would obviously refresh it.

I would just like to interrupt this thread briefly to point out that in pools at Genesis, my Kirby and my friend's Jiggs got Mango and Lucky down to one stock. The fact that they sd'd like 6 times isn't important, since when Kirby's in a match all sds count towards his kills regardless of whether he actually helped or not.

I think this is pretty good proof that Kirby is actually a good character imo.

Skyson

Smash Ace
I like this guy.

SDs in a match against Kirby do count as KOs that Kirby gave. That's common knowledge.

A great high five, good sir.

Triple R

Smash Lord
Well, kirby boards need to be more active again.

So this past weekend we had a little a tourny. I got 7th outta 16 with kirby. get@me

For the sake of the kirby boards, and since I'm bored i'll go through how i did in singles

1st match - easy win, i played against a local peach that isn't amazing. nothing really to comment here, except he got 6 stitches and a bob-omb in one set!!! >:(

2nd match - played against Superdoodleman, if anyone knows who he is. really close set. I toke him to 3rd match last stock against his peach. I always get sooooo close, but no cookie :(

3rd match - played against a local fox i practice with all the time. pretty easy win considering the matchup, won 2-0. He's really technical, but I would say he needs work on his mindgames and reading.

4th match - played against another fox. I've beaten him before, but this time i didn't. It went to the 3rd game where he started lazer camping on pokemon stadium. Couldn't really keep up with him, and he basically camped me to death, i feel pretty dumb for losing due to camping, but oh well

So I guess I'll ask what people's strategies are against fox when he's laser camping. What would you do?

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Fox I would think could just SHFFL nair and be good techical foxes seem to fail when fighting low or bottom tiers, because they are going to far they only need to spam one move wisely.

Kirby is like the slowest in the game.(bowser is faster than kirby when on YS) I don't know what to say but powersheild everything I think fox's lasers are pretty easy even if they are uber fast.

keep up the good work maybe one day people will get me to believe that kirby isn't the worse.

Top Bottom