• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby General Discussion

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
My favorite thing about Kirby is his taunt.

/Random

I don't like to play as Kirby because of tap jump (or whatever that mechanic is that makes you continue jumping as long as you hold up).

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Hello, Melee Kirby Community!

I just wanted to say that before going full Samus, I used to use Kirby because he was my favorite character... But with PR going serious I had to ditch him and go full Samus. I still love Kirby a lot due to him being a "hard-mode" character (meaning that I just gotta be that much better than everyone else to win), so I'm here to see if you guys approve me as one of your own... :(

Oh and... I'm the new mod. :|

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
We needed a new mod?

No offense but that's like adding a new mod to the DK boards, completely unnecessary >_>
SILENCE, MINION.

*infracts*

Still, at least if anything happens, I'll be keeping an eye out for stuff.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
No he's a mod to stop me from talking about pichu in here you better thank him, if he wasn't here I would start talking about up-tilt.

He may not ban you ,but he could ban everyone you talk to or close thread like a jerk or edit all your post so they kick you out of the SBR and then ban you.

But can kirby not camp and win? Really I want to know.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
No he's a mod to stop me from talking about pichu in here you better thank him, if he wasn't here I would start talking about up-tilt.

He may not ban you ,but he could ban everyone you talk to or close thread like a jerk or edit all your post so they kick you out of the SBR and then ban you.
This guy is smart.

You now have a negative infraction.

BunBun

Smash Master
But can kirby not camp and win? Really I want to know.

Yes and no. Depends on what kind of camping you're talking about. If you mean being patient and carefully spacing your approach(lol Kirby approaching), then no, he can't win without that. If you mean staying near the ledge, he can win without it, but it's really really difficult.
However, fox and puff will beat him almost every time.

Nashun

Smash Ace
...Being patient and carefully spacing your approach is pretty much generic advice for every character. It's not exclusive to Kirby.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I mean stuff that kirby does like

duck wd d-tilt
bair walls
laser or pills camping

the stuff that is clearly camping i'm not talking about dd camping or anything like that. But it seems like everything or the only thing kirby can do is camp.

But all I do as kirby and the only reason I ever play as him is to up-tilt and kill myself and to say suuunnnnsshhiiiinnneeee when i'm yellow kirby.

Kewkk- I'm not smart I main pichu, because I wouldn't know what to do if i had good/decent options

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
pity his throws are worse than link's(d-throw up-B caan kill and can't di out of).

kirby can kill himself or tech chase. i once thought maybe up-throw needle to regrab might work but I never got around to really useing it in a match if someone wants to try that out.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Kirby's Dthrow on a platform is silly. There's not enough knockback on it for alot of characters to escape the platform till like 60% and because kirby's grab range is so large you can just Pivot grab no matter what your opponent does(Pivot jab if they dont tech)

BunBun

Smash Master
pity his throws are worse than link's(d-throw up-B caan kill and can't di out of).

kirby can kill himself or tech chase. i once thought maybe up-throw needle to regrab might work but I never got around to really useing it in a match if someone wants to try that out.
It does not. You can hit with some Falco lasers at medium/lower percents, but you won't be able to get the regrab. Best option is usually dthrow (not against Peach, Luigi, Samus or Jigglypuff) techchase. Uthrow is good to get them to land on a platform so you can follow their tech with an up air or something silly like an inhale.
Always waveland your uthrow lol.

Triple R

Smash Lord
i abuse dthrow platform shenanigans without guilt lol. Also don't dthrow marth either. He usually can upb you before you get outta cooldown lag, which is a pain. There's a good chunk you shouldn't dthrow lol.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
thanks, LoL kirby tactics, i've lost a little self-respect.

Also i've always thought FoD was a good place to take kirby(depending on who i pick of course) because he can't do any self-death tactics very good and i would think it would limit his camping which really you only need him to come at you and punish like on FD.

BunBun

Smash Master
Funner fact: Kirby Dthrow on the breaky part of Brinstar can lead to a loldairKO if your opponent is bad.

EDIT: Does anyone else often approach platformed or tall enemies with fair?

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
That's not fun also why are the kirby's liveing right now? Wasn't it shoot with a sivler bullet or something.

The kirby boards the place that just won't die no matter how many times it kills it's self.

BunBun

Smash Master
I won $26 dollars in MMs against my Kirby this weekend at SMYM rofl. Most people went Marth >.>
I lost $1 in a MM against Tink, but I took a game off his falcon

Kirby isn't dead, he's just rotting away on lifesupport. Metagame is lolstale and lolfail. There's only so much he can do.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Well you don't know how to falcon punch then I use it more than I should but I know how. like dd around and do a running turn around falcon punch at the right time and it can work. Try falcon punch full hoped out of your sheild when being pressured LOL it works, becase they are so stunned by him yelling falcon, that and useing it for edge gaurd is amazing like I was going to falcon punch my brother when marth and he air dodged onto the stage to be safe and I got a grab to knee from it.

His metagmae hasn't changed since the wavedash was invented LOL, but kirby and pichu should team up and take down ness he is the only one I think "COULD" be worse than both pichu/kirby. Anyone want to join my mostly evil plot to lower ness? because it's about 50-50 on people's views of pichu vs kirby i've head some people say pichu above 4 people which totally disargee with and others say kirby is better. So the only logical thing to do is drag someone lower than both of us.

Triple R

Smash Lord
So i decided to actually practice something today since I'm on spring break and have nothing to do....(all my friends have spring break next week :( .....) I praticed ledge hopped wavelands with kirby. I'm wondering why i didn't practice this sooner. It's really not that hard. Plus it gives me more options the ledge. Usually i just do a normal simple get up because I feel it's the safest. Sometimes ledgehopping a fair works, but if the opponents smart they just out space you. What do you guys do from the ledge?

BunBun

Smash Master
Generally I roll against non-fox type pokemon, as they usually misspace.
Sometimes I'll ledgehop a backair or waveland, though. At >100%, get up attack has some chunky* invincibility.

*Chunkiness not verified by the FDA

studly

Smash Ace
you guys are lame. i post in an inactive thread. (this one) saying hi

THE THREAD SUDDENLY BECOMES ACTIVE but yet none of you say hi T_T
lol

but being serious. do you have any current melee vids Reaper? i cant find any that are newer than like a year ago

Triple R

Smash Lord
you guys are lame. i post in an inactive thread. (this one) saying hi

THE THREAD SUDDENLY BECOMES ACTIVE but yet none of you say hi T_T
lol

but being serious. do you have any current melee vids Reaper? i cant find any that are newer than like a year ago
hi and welcome to the kirby boards lol

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
SILENCE, MINION.

*infracts*

Still, at least if anything happens, I'll be keeping an eye out for stuff.
U r Fuh knee. :3

Umm I love Kirby too. :3 Have I used him competitively? NO WEI xD I guess I gotta try sometime. LOL

Top Bottom