• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby General Discussion

BunBun

Smash Master
It's true. I lost a MM to Tink's Falcon at SMYM. The set was 2-1.

Kirby is good enough to almost take money from someone way better than me xD

studly

Smash Ace
I havent recorded in forever, and even back then my vids weren't exactly serious >_>

I actually havent been playing much recently either due to money problems.
yeah i noticed. dude what kirby main would be serious?

and Bun Bun dude im from peoria crew. i should have talked to you after i saw you go kirby at SMYM

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I'm lower than a serios kirby main way lower, till I crowned king of the bottom tiers HAHAHA.

But really the pichu/kirby boards should team up to get above ness, i'm not jokeing.

BunBun

Smash Master
On a side note, I'd just like to say that Falcon is a 100% Kirby counter, it's just that falcon players dont actually know that.
Oh god yes. Falcon can combo kirby like a beast.

And then there's the dthrow > knee
And the fact that falcon can virtually camp out kirby with shbair djbair ff repeat.

Kirby's crouch isn't even useful, because falcon can just curb stomp you into everything ever.

@ICG: Neither Kirby nor Pichu will ever get above Ness. He's way better than either of them. Tiers should be:
High
Mid
Low
Bottom

lolKirbyandPichuTier

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Can any one give me advice on how to make feet? I made a kirby of a dodgeball(body) drew a cute face on it and super glued 2 balloons with a golf ball in each one to the sides for arms it's super legit but it needs feet and I can't have a broken kirby.

But yeah any advice on how to made feet would be uber cool. It's his birthday and I don't want to get him games that's all he does is play freakin games that therre is no thinking involved. At least pokemon took some thinking when i was little.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I have played Kirby's Avalanche. Anyone play that here? That was my first kirby game.... So I always thought Kirby was a smart ***, which I liked. But then it seems that he is actually just a child, because he landed on that planet too early. : [

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Oh kool. Sadly I haven't played Dream Course or Tilt'n'tumble before. I have heard of them, somewhere. I need to get a Wii haha.

I have played 100 crystal shards, and this one kirby game for Gba.

oh and nice Location man. Haha

Yeah sorta. He was supposed to be sleeping in his small aircraft for like, 100 or 1000 years later I think. But for some reason he came out earlier, without being fully devoloped.

I actually need to get the full story read. xD

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I wish I had some red paint, i'm resourseful I just made sunglasses today in the middle of history class with some super glue, cuters, frames, valtines paper. Tilt and tumble was fun but as a little kid I never got pass world 2

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
they can't make a good wii game LOL the best one is brawl and look how people are about that. yes brawl is by far the best wii only game. I still won't play it thought it's like talking about the best game on I phone or something super limited but never meant to be played for over a month

BunBun

Smash Master
they can't make a good wii game LOL the best one is brawl and look how people are about that. yes brawl is by far the best wii only game. I still won't play it thought it's like talking about the best game on I phone or something super limited but never meant to be played for over a month
Psh, the iPhone has TapDefense and TapTapRevolution.

Also, the best Wii games are Bit Trip Beat and Pokemon Scramble.

That game was hard as **** lol. But it was soooooooooooooooooooo fun. I took that **** camping with me as a kid. Nintendo needs to get some **** done and make another one. Put it on Wii, that **** would work.
Fffff did you ever try playing it in the car? It's like "sweet, almost there....**** POTHOLES I JUMPED OFF A CLIFF!"

BunBun

Smash Master
Honestly, I think the Kirby metagame has changed simply because the rest of the metagame has changed around it. It's a shame we can't pinpoint anything.

I think everyone in here should go all kirby at the next (smaller) tournament they attend and report back things they noticed. Preferably more than "Kirby is bad and I got ***** like a schoolgirl on a train in japan"

studly

Smash Ace
Honestly, I think the Kirby metagame has changed simply because the rest of the metagame has changed around it. It's a shame we can't pinpoint anything.

I think everyone in here should go all kirby at the next (smaller) tournament they attend and report back things they noticed. Preferably more than "Kirby is bad and I got ***** like a schoolgirl on a train in japan"
ill do that **** Turney Legit Kirby on the way XD if thats even remotely possible

alright since im the new kirby. ill ask some questions to spark a little discussion

forgive me in advance. i kinda type what im thinking.

im having two major problems right now

1st Problem: im having trouble with an approach as kirby. not so much as like a way to safely attack but just an over all technique to attack. If i try moving just a little bit toward my opponent to bait an attack, i seem to get punished almost instantly. and usully its a combo and usually it can lead to me losing that stock.

usually i find myself playing friendlies against Falcon Fox and Falco. all of them seem too fast. like kirby cannot space most attacks or jump or move away thats fast enough to escape and then punish. Bair works sometimes if i randomly throw it out a few times in the air. and i can sometimes land a down air if im high enough above them. or if i can come down fast enough

2nd Problem: sometimes i can manage to get to the last stock of the match and actually be winning. but my opponents start camping. And even if i have percent advantage. what can i do to kill them.
does kirby have any methods for achieving a quick KO. obviously a kirbycide. but im having trouble setting those up.

i understand that kirby isnt the best character and that his methods for doing things. dont necessarily work. but at present i dnt have a good grasp of what i should be going for

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
KIRBY.

Ok, this song right here, is the sole reason why I am IN LOVE with 100 shards. I wish I could HAVE that game. : [

http://www.youtube.com/v/LIduNx7zW4I

Hmmm, I should try kirby this week haha. I'm going to a smash fest though. I'll probaly do that during friendlies though.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
For camping i'm thinkiong you should pick smaller stages. in truth kirby shouldn't be able to beat fox camping by any means and that will help you get quicker kills.

Also your going to have figure out tricks to trick people into being where you need them like as pichu i've learned how to trick people into being where you need them because most of the time pichu can't land anything so I have to make up my own tricks that may involve platforms or up-BUnderstand first the limits of things kirby can do like his WD his up-smash range etc. what makes people do what?

I've legitly used pichu pichu has a way to get my foe. Before you watch think about how mario would approach, fireball right? watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zx8M9WqCvCk

You also must learn to quickly change/adapt totally gut how you play and change it up.

Tamoo

Smash Master
Hmm the next tournament for me (next weekend) is a national so I'd rather not use too much kirby there, maybe just for some pools matches or something. I may actually go link or zelda instead, not sure yet.

But friendlies, kirby's gonna get serious :mad:

BunBun

Smash Master
Tamoo: let us know how that goes

Studly: I'll write a big wordvomit post a little later on how Kirby should generally approach (just my personal opinions, though. I'm sure everyone has their own ways). I'm ver fond of the run-straight-at-them method. Kirby's grab is 222good.

Also, fair and dair are both decent.

studly

Smash Ace
For camping i'm thinkiong you should pick smaller stages. in truth kirby shouldn't be able to beat fox camping by any means and that will help you get quicker kills.

Also your going to have figure out tricks to trick people into being where you need them like as pichu i've learned how to trick people into being where you need them because most of the time pichu can't land anything so I have to make up my own tricks that may involve platforms or up-BUnderstand first the limits of things kirby can do like his WD his up-smash range etc. what makes people do what?

I've legitly used pichu pichu has a way to get my foe. Before you watch think about how mario would approach, fireball right? watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zx8M9WqCvCk

You also must learn to quickly change/adapt totally gut how you play and change it up.

yeah i get what your saying. Im already learning a few tricks. and its also probably true that i dont understand kirby's limits yet.

and that stuff about fox on smaller stages is definitely true. every time ive been able to go even with him, its been on smaller stages or stages with huge ceilings

Tamoo: let us know how that goes

Studly: I'll write a big wordvomit post a little later on how Kirby should generally approach (just my personal opinions, though. I'm sure everyone has their own ways). I'm ver fond of the run-straight-at-them method. Kirby's grab is 222good.

Also, fair and dair are both decent.

Haha ok. :) Wait! a way kirby would run straight in?!?! 0_o

Triple R

Smash Lord
So i was wondering how far kirby's moonwalk is. I know it's tiny but I suck at moonwalking in general. Does anyone have a vid of kirby doing it?

Top Bottom