• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby General Discussion

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
If im playing anyone but marth I approach with inhale lol. Bigger than Kirby's Grab <3
If it's airbore he has terrble range or starts airbore to ground, I'm pretty sure falcon punch outranges the airbore suck and all of marth's moves, but yeah it has like less than half the range when airbore

Running dtilt and fair aren't awful approaches.
All I know is about everyone esle has a much better way to approach heck I would say doing the same moves d-tilt/fair I think like 70% of the cast can approach better with though moves than kirby can. Compareing to other people yes they are awful. but really someone with decent movement DDing around to d-tilt or fair is better than kirby's really I don't think kirby SHOULd really approach because he can't get much out of it. Kindof wait a lot chipping damage if possible like puff. Kirby camping is better than kirby attacking

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
No your still wrong because you didn't listen to WHAT I said. airbore as in if you jump then press B your range is cut in half check it out

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Half you ever checked the range of airbore B? it's half of ground's range. But if you land while sucking in mid air you still have the half range on land.

Really go check that out go training mode jump as kirby and press B and have marth walk up while your sucking and jab you. If you slowly walk you can tell it;s half the range.

Cactuarz

Smash Ace
@ICG the grab range of nuetral b is spherical/cone shaped *i believe, could be wrong* and the furthest reaching point could be over said marth when he hits you from UNDERNEATH. think IC's doing a nair how the hitbox is in front of them but if you're under them you could do an attack that attacks diagonal up *like marth jab does very well* and hit you out of it.

Also i'm pretty sure jab is the only move of marth's that can go through a standing kirby suck from the front on ground anyways O.o something about marth's hurtbox not extending as far as his fsmash/ftilt

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I checked again I was right I did a F-smash, jab,f-tilt, d-tilt after he landed.

The only thing I was wrong about was it being 1/2 range it's mopre like 2/3 range. No i'm right you simplely haven't done it heck you can jump suck and see close you can wlak without getting sucked in and stop sucking when you are as close as you can be to kirby then start sucking again you'll be sucked in. No try it you have less proof than me and sound like you don't even want to listen to what i'm saying, i've listened and tested again many times and i've proved it you wrong, go check that out.

Also pink reaper you didn't compare the airbore suck to the grounded suck. and not even the jab can hit kirby during the grounded suck.

How to argue with someone and win
1. don't be rude because then they won't listen to you.
2.understand something about what your talking about and what they are talking about, this causes many people to end up yelling.
3.Don't 100% believe your right, it's hard for some people to do this, but your not always right you shouldn't believe you are if your wromg when argueing and say they are wrong and not listen and then fell in a hole becuase you were disargeeing about a map.
4. be like a bird see both your points and their points and worms are knowledge dive in to find more info. Be open to new ideas.
5.listen carefully they may say something stupid for prove like saying the world is a cube when we all know it's flat :).
6, think think think is the arguement wroth your time and are you argueing with an inbreed redneck about if WW2 happened or not. also you need more proof.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Actually Jab and Fsmash CAN hit grounded suck, you're just spacing it wrong. Because marth leans in when he does Fsmash/jabs he tends to get himself sucked in when he shouldn't. This doesnt happen as often with aerial inhale because of the way the grab boxes are set up, when marth leans forward he goes under the box unless you space it correctly.

Also, I 100% believe im right because I have the ability to actually go in and SEE the grab boxes, you just have rough tested data in training mode.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
freakin sweet I caught a shellder, but I'm going to record it to show you what i'm seeing because maybe I'm not 100% understanding or you. I might have it up tomorrow.

But yeah I think one of us is just misunderstanding.

Cactuarz

Smash Ace
Pink reaper is saying that the hitbox for kirby's nuetral b is the same as in the air. This is true =s

You're saying that the aerial range is different because a ground attack from marth can hit it easier. It can hit it easier but it's coming at a different angle, marth's hand, which can be attacked during his attacks, is lower to the ground and wouldn't get sucked in anyways.

Frame data can back it up using AR pretty easily. Take a look at seanson's hitbox system and look at the hit/hurt boxes of marth's attacks for reference

BunBun

Smash Master
But yeah I think one of us is just misunderstanding.
No, you're just wrong.

I was saying when you B in the air it has less range even after you land it, give me a while and i'll show you on a video.
But...if Pink Reaper has looked at the actual hitboxes and seen that they are the same....isn't your point invalidated already?

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I recorded but I can't upload any time. But I'm going to drop it till I can upload it and i'll make a nananana thread about it about to something important. Is it me or is kirby's up-tilt his best move?

I will admit at this time I am wrong but once I get the video I will be right, if i'm right you have to play a match as pichu.

Because everyone is right we are all wrong.

studly

Smash Ace
in all honesty, i really want pink reaper to be right. all the better for kirby

but i took kirby and ii tried some mini experiments and sadly there seems to be a a distance at wich i cannot suck in an opponent with the aerial hit box on the ground, but if i stop and start up a grounded swallow i can easily suck them in. doesnt that mean the aerial hitbox doesn't reach as far?

i dont offer this as fuel for an argument, but rather to ask if this is what Insane carzy guy is talking about

id really like the hitbox to be the same for both. actually id really love to see what Pink Reaper is seeing. like whats the shape of the box?

I may just have missed the point of the argument entirely... i am a kirby noob after all so :)

BunBun

Smash Master
It's like this.
Jump a few times, and hit and hold B. Now, when you land, continue holding B. This is the grounded aerial suck.

Compare that to the normal grounded suck.

Triple R

Smash Lord
i don't know about you guys, but he made sense to me. Use inhale in air then land. Can't say it's true or not. lol lol loll ol ol ol o lo lo lolololl ol <3

studly

Smash Ace
It's like this.
Jump a few times, and hit and hold B. Now, when you land, continue holding B. This is the grounded aerial suck.

Compare that to the normal grounded suck.
like i said im just trying to find out if were all on the same subject.

its obvious when you try it the aerial suck on ground has less range. the question is "does aerial suck on ground have the same hitbox as it does in the air?"

if its not the same range then thats the whole argument and Pink reaper and Insane Carzy guy have nothing to argue about X)

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
studly see A doctor you understand me but nananannanannananana. I thought we may have had a misunderstanding.

But yeah air to ground is much shorter

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Oh I am so getting one. :3 Nevermind, I got a Peakka boo shirt instead haha. I'll get that kirby one next, or maybe the Squirtle shirt haha. :3

Thanks Pink Reaper for listing that site. : D First time I have ever used my money on clothes haha.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
is it true that in PAL that kirby can swallow falco's lasers?

BunBun

Smash Master
That would have caused me to go get pal.

Yo PR, any thoughts on how to deal with IC's? I'm having massive trouble separating them or even getting a clean hit.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Inhale works remarkably well(IC's love them some shield camping)

I've actually used Final Cutter to some degree of success but dont expect too much.

IC's are stupid for Kirby they dont split well. Inhale really is your best bet, just spam it+starshot. But even then it's really not that good.

Top Bottom