• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby General Discussion

Triple R

Smash Lord
Is there a reason you uthrow more than dthrow at lower percents?
Nah, i just do it for a mix up really. Sometimes I hope my opponent is stupid and DIs toward me or something.

Otherwise thanks for the advice everyone. I do fair alot lol :/ Hopefully I'll get a few more vids this weekend.

BunBun

Smash Master
There's not a lot else. Doc is obscenely difficult to approach or KO. He has no trouble killing or setting up a kill on you.

Play campy. I hate the doc matchup.

studly

Smash Ace
on this site you do everything 10 times man

There's not a lot else. Doc is obscenely difficult to approach or KO. He has no trouble killing or setting up a kill on you.

Play campy. I hate the doc matchup.
yeah im learning.. not like i was really freaking out,., i mean we are talking kirby XD

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
So this is where you've been hiding Andrew xD

Kirby is 0 fun, what happened to Puff/Sheik/Fox?

BunBun

Smash Master
So this is where you've been hiding Andrew xD

Kirby is 0 fun, what happened to Puff/Sheik/Fox?
Carl!~ Ack! You found me!

Kirby is like 100% fun.

I pretty much dropped Fox for everything but the Falco matchup. I'll still do stupid shinespikes in dittos though. I haven't played Sheik in a while, but I'll do it occasionally. Puff is still there, along with Marth and Peach.
Mainly though, I've been using the Kirbz in tournaments.

BunBun

Smash Master
Heh, I went over to you guys in Octobre. Ajj and I were at Dippin's tourney. Where were you? =P

Yeah, if OH holds something of a decent size, I'll make the 9 hour drive.

_KuyaSombreo_

Smash Ace
The only problem with using it to attack is that it sends people up, but I guess it is technically one of the highest priority moves in the game.

BunBun

Smash Master
Yeah.

Also, PR, talking about the matchup like that doesn't work, because he can just dj through your bair and then nair. It's a guarantee you'll die before he does.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Grab Yoshi a lot. You're not grabbing him enough.

As you've noted, DJ through Bair is gay so just spam grab. U-tilt --> Bair/Uair whenever you can. Fade away Bairs are hard for him to DJ through, same with SHFFL Bairs.

I never steal Yoshi's power, I just spit him and then try to get under him or get the middle of the stage. Or try a really garbage follow (Swallow, Spit --> FJ Swallow OOOOOOHHH YEAAAHHHH but it almost never ever works). His power is useless on you, Swallow is better than Egg Lay or whatever the heck Yoshi's neutral B is called.

BunBun

Smash Master
Grab Yoshi a lot. You're not grabbing him enough.

As you've noted, DJ through Bair is gay so just spam grab. U-tilt --> Bair/Uair whenever you can. Fade away Bairs are hard for him to DJ through, same with SHFFL Bairs.

I never steal Yoshi's power, I just spit him and then try to get under him or get the middle of the stage. Or try a really garbage follow (Swallow, Spit --> FJ Swallow OOOOOOHHH YEAAAHHHH but it almost never ever works). His power is useless on you, Swallow is better than Egg Lay or whatever the heck Yoshi's neutral B is called.
Heh, thanks. Grabbing Yoshi's power was just for fun, and it gave everyone a few laughs.

Imma try that Swallow > Spit > FJ Swallow though =P

Anything I should try to get off of a grab? I was going for uthrow > platform techchase. Dthrow just gets you nair'd, and bthrow is meh.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Swallow->Spit->Swallow should never work, but no one knows how to play against kirby so sometimes it does.

Also, 2:29 in that vid should have been a kill. It was really obvious how he was going to recover since it was the only way he COULD have recovered, and it left him very open for a swallowcide.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
If you get anything for U-throw you've done amazingly well.

Swallow Spit Swallow sets up for all sorts of awful jokes after the match if you land it. You don't really have anything better to follow a Spit with anyway, except maybe Fair if you think they'll go brain-dead and not double jump or defend with an aerial. Swallow at least covers the aerial sometimes because of its monster priority.

Triple R

Smash Lord
I'm going to be honest here. I love doing that just to hear the constant foot thumping rhythm lol. Sometimes i'd rather just do that than fight my opponent lol.

Top Bottom